Chapter 27

Time:to prove them wrong
Place: the field

Since getting back from school this afternoon Aj had seemed quite agitated and irritable, as she had been huffing and puffing, and acting all around snappy towards nearly everyone. When questioned by her mother, the youngster responded with a terse and short response of "I'm fine", refusing to give her mom any further information concerning the matter. However Nat was determined to get to the bottom of it, she knew Steve would be able to help.

Aj had been sat up the kitchen table for 15 minutes doing homework, it was English so she finished it quickly, however she remained up the table scribbling on the back of her homework book.Usually AJ would have finished her homework and then gone outside to play but she wasn't feeling up to it today.

"Hey Ava, you wanna come on a dog walk with us?" Peter asked as he and Wanda entered the kitchen.

"No thanks" AJ mumbled not even looking up from her paper.

Peter gave Wanda a confused look and Wanda just shrugged,she had no clue why her sister was grumpy.

"What's wrong?"
Wanda asked.

"Nothing" AJ replied.

"Ava something's wrong"
Wanda spoke sympathetically as
she put her hand on AJs shoulder.

"Get off" AJ whined as she shrugged her sister off.

"What's up with you?"

"I said nothing! NOTHINGS WRONG
WHY CAN'T YOU ALL JUST LEAVE ME ALONE" AJ snapped.

"What's going on?"
Steve asked.

He and Nat had been on their way in when they heard their daughters arguing.

"Nothing" AJ mumbled going back to her
Scribbling.

Nat took the pencil out of AJs hand as she sat beside her, AJ went to pick up another but Nat stopped her.

"Baby we can't help you if
you don't tell us what's wrong"

"Mom I'm fine"

"You most certainly aren't"

"I am"

"Aj wanted to join the soccer team at
school but the coach said no because
she was a girl" Wanda blurted out.

AJ glared at her sister "I DID NOT CONSENT FOR YOU
TO READ MY MIND"

"I don't need your consent I'm your big sister and If I'm worried about you, I'm gonna do what I can to make sure you're okay " Wanda snapped back, she probably shouldn't have read Ajs mind but she only wanted what was best for her.

"I don't care if your-"
Aj started but was cut off by Steve.

"Ava hurry up and get changed
Into a soccer kit, get your cleats
And meet me at the car" he ordered.

"What?"

"You heard me come on hurry
other wise the trial will be over
before we get there"