Chapter 62

It was 9:30 pm, Aj was meant to be asleep but her mind just wouldn't shut off. It was going to be one of them nights. She pulled herself out of bed, her intent being to walk down the hall to her mother's room to stay with her. However her legs seemed to have a mind of their own as they carried her downstairs and all the way to the hospital wing. Stopping at Steve's door. Aj hesitated as she reached for the handle of the door unsure whether to go inside or turn around and head back upstairs. She hadn't visited him at all, she wanted to but she had been to reluctant. The thought that he was in this condition because of her made her feel sick, she wasn't sure whether she would be able to see him like that.

She couldn't do it.

Aj inhaled sharply as she stepped back from the door. She wasn't ready to see him yet.

"Ava what are you doing down here?"

Aj squealed as she was snapped out her dazed state having being startled by her uncle Tony who was walking down the stairs.

Aj stepped away from her fathers door,
"Couldn't sleep" she mumbled in response to Tony's previous question.

"Did you visit him?" Tony asked, his eyes flickering between her and the door she was stood in-front of her. He had been waiting for Aj to finally take that step and see Steve, he knew it wasn't easy for her.

Aj looked down as she shook her head, "I thought I was ready...but I just couldn't" she stuttered.

"That's okay, I'm sure he understands" Tony spoke gently, "come on Dash let's get you some hot coco and then we can watch some frozen" he offered as he guided his niece back upstairs.

"Dash? You haven't called me that In a while" Aj giggled.

"That's because I haven't seen you zooming round the house like the kid from the incredibles recently, how comes?" Tony asked.

"I don't know I feel like I just need a break from my powers" Aj told him truthfully. 

————

Tommy and Wanda were currently occupied in the games room, Wanda was attempting to guide him through a game of fifa but Tommy was terrible.

"I lost again. Why am I so bad at this game?" Tommy muttered as he threw the controller down deciding he was done with the game for tonight.

Wanda chuckled in amusement, this had been her entertainment for the last hour, watching Tommy throw a fit over a game was very quickly becoming one of her favorite things to do."You should take lessons of Aj or Thor this was basically the only game they played during summer. They'd get very competitive actually"

"I can imagine" Tommy laughed.
"Oh yeah I've been meaning to ask are you planning on going back to school tomorrow?"

Wanda shrugged. She wasn't really sure yet, Natasha had given the girls the option to go back to school this week if they wanted to. It was completely their choice. AJ very quickly decided she wanted to go, she had missed Liam and her other friends, Natasha was hoping that a bit of normality would do the girl some good. Wanda on the other hand hadn't decided yet, she wasn't sure if she was ready to. It would be nice to see her friends, she had missed them a lot, she had also actually just missed school in general and did want to go back. But she was equally aware of the questions that would follow upon her return to school, Peter had already told her that a lot of people had asked about where she was after she hadn't returned from Christmas break and she wasn't sure wether she was ready to endure the constant harassment from her class mates. "Probably not" she answered.

"That's a relief, I would've been very lonely otherwise. Bucky and Yelena say they have to take me in small doses because apparently I'm too annoying" Tommy told her.

"I mean you are annoying so that's pretty reasonable on their behalf" She teased, Tommy let out an exaggerated gasp at her words.

"That's rich considering I'm literally your bestie"

Wanda rolled her eyes, "I tolerate you. I wouldn't go as far to say we're besties you're more like the brother I never wanted"

"The brother you never wanted but equally your bestie?" Tommy asked as he nudged her playfully.

Wanda laughed as she pushed him away, "How about the brother I never wanted as well as the bestie I also never wanted?"

"You know what? I'll take that" Tommy smiled proudly.

Wanda hummed in agreement, she knew he was probably right, all the time they had spent together in the red room had definitely built a strong bond between the two even now it was very uncommon to find one without the other. If Wanda was being honest he probably was her best friend but she would never tell him that.

"I heard my mom talking to Yelena this morning" Wanda said, her mood seeming to change instantly.

Tommy took in Wanda's Change of demeanor and started to grow concerned, "about?"

"They're making us go back to therapy next week" Wanda stated glumly, she really didn't like the idea.

"It's not that bad" Tommy tried to reason. He knew Wanda was just being stubborn but they all needed this.

"It's awful"

"Well I for one, like therapy Dr Raynor lets me play with the toy trains" Tommy smiled.

Wanda looked at him in disbelief, trying to fight off a smile at his comment. "If you want a train set I'm sure we can get you one. You don't need to go to therapy just to play with Trains Tj"

"I mean I liked the trains they were cool but I also didn't mind the actual session, I felt better afterwards"

"Well at least one of us did"

"You didn't feel better afterwards because you was to stubborn to say anything Wands"

"You don't know that. You wasn't there"

"I wasn't there but I know you Wanda.
Just give it another chance if not for you then for me and AJ"

Tommy's words made Wanda cave,if she wasn't going to try for herself then she would for them, "fine"

"Yayy! Therapy Buddies for life" Tommy squealed sarcastically.

———-

A/N: Tommy and Wanda are the new iconic bestie duo but only until Aj and Liam reunite 🤭

Thank you for reading🫡