-Sophie's Doubts-

Sophie's POV: 

I tossed and turned in bed, my mind flooded with doubts and uncertainties. The night was dark, and only light seeped through the thin curtains, casting shadows across the room. Earlier that day, I had made an impulsive decision and turned in an eligibility test form to determine if I was compatible with my boyfriend, Fitz. And now, as I lay here, doubts were starting to consume me. Was I really meant for my boyfriend, Fitz? The thought gnawed at me, filling me with uncertainty.

A part of me can't believe that I just committed to this. That I acted and decided that I wanted Fitz to be my forever. Doubts are hitting me hard and I am frustrated that this is happening. Shouldn't I feel happy that I am getting the boy of my dreams? That we can have a good life together?

Just earlier that day, I had confidently submitted the form, convinced that me and Fitz were a perfect match. But as the night wore on, I couldn't help but question my decision. What if the test results said otherwise? What if we weren't meant to be together after all?

My thoughts were interrupted by a vivid memory. Keefe's face flashed before my eyes, his mischievous grin and his dazzling ice blue eyes. Why was I thinking about Keefe now? I pushed the thought away, unwilling to entertain the idea that there might be something more between them. But that night, sleep eluded me. I tossed and turned, restless with questions and doubts. I couldn't escape the nagging feeling that perhaps there was something missing in my relationship with Fitz. A connection I quite put my finger on.

Was this the right choice? Tears welled up in my eyes as I felt like I had made a huge mistake. I couldn't shake the feeling that everything was going to end badly. What if this was a disaster waiting to happen? Would I end up with a broken heart? Is a life with Fitz what I truly want deep down? The answer in my heart told me no, but then again, my head told me yes.

My tears continued to fall, their trails leaving damp imprints on my pillow. I felt overwhelmed by the fear of losing what I thought I cherished most. Would Fitz still love me if they were deemed incompatible? Something inside her told her no, reminding her of a previous situation like this. When it didn't go according to plan.

Would we fight to prove the test wrong, or would we surrender our love to the harsh realities of fate? I didn't know what to think.

My mind wandered back to past experiences, reminding me of how he always directs his anger towards me, even when it's not my fault. I realize that I forgive him too easily, and now I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't, as it doesn't seem to ever stop. There have been times when he hasn't proven himself trustworthy. I've noticed that he insists on knowing every personal detail about me, without giving me a choice in the matter. When I try to stand up for myself, he becomes angry. It feels like he's the one making all the decisions, as if my opinion doesn't matter.

It seems like he tries to control me at times. Some of these issues have died down a little, so I don't think it should be a problem now. Right? I need someone to talk to about this, someone who's not Fitz. I would talk to Biana, but sometimes I don't like telling her everything since she is connected to Fitz.

I think I should talk to Keefe about this. After all I feel the most comfortable telling him about this. I don't know why, but when it comes to these things, he doesn't scare me like Fitz does.

I grabbed my imparter and hailed him. He answered, sounding tired. "Foster. Something wrong?" he asked. "Yeah. I could really use someone to talk to right now," I told him honestly. "Okay. Do you want me to come over to talk about it?" he asked curiously. "Sure. It would be nice," I replied. "Okay, I'll be over in a second," he said, sitting up. "Thanks, Keefe," I told him. Keefe said thank you back and said he will meet me by Calla's tree before hanging up.