-Warmth In His Arms-

Sophie's POV: 

"YOUR THE REASON WE FAILED" "You can't do anything right." "You're a big failure."

As I walked down the lonely halls of Foxfire, the weight of Fitz's hurtful words lingered heavily on my mind. The memory of our breakup replayed like a haunting melody, each painful word striking a chord in my heart. He blamed me for things that weren't my fault – being unmatchable, failing the eligibility test. The weight of his accusations crushed me, threatening to pull me into a dark pit of self-doubt and despair.

My head tried to convince me that they were true, that being unmatchable was our fault and made it impossible for me to have my happily ever after with Fitz. But my heart was screaming the opposite, telling me that it wasn't my fault.

I wasn't sure which to believe right now.

I found myself seeking solace in the solitude of an empty hallway, the harsh fluorescent lights casting stark shadows across the polished floors. Tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to spill over as the weight of my emotions became too much to bear. My knees buckled beneath me, and I sank to the ground, the sobs wracking my body echoing in the silence.

Just when I felt like I couldn't bear the weight of my sorrow any longer, Keefe's comforting presence enveloped me. His warm arms encircled me, offering a sanctuary from the storm of emotions that raged within me. His soothing words acted as a balm to my wounded spirit, calming the tumultuous waves of despair that threatened to consume me.

A warm and comforting feeling formed in my heart while he was embracing me. What was that? I decided not to ponder on it now. Keefe started guiding me over somewhere.

Sitting me down gently on a nearby bench, Keefe's gaze was filled with concern and compassion. "Do you want to talk about it? It might help," he offered softly, his voice a gentle murmur in the quiet hallway. I nodded wordlessly, aching to pour out the turmoil that lay heavy on my heart.

With Keefe's patient encouragement, I shared the hurtful words that Fitz had spoken, the wounds still fresh and raw. Keefe listened attentively, his empathy a lifeline in the darkness that threatened to engulf me. His understanding gaze seemed to see into the depths of my pain, offering a glimmer of hope in the midst of despair.

As I spoke of the hurt and betrayal I had endured, Keefe's words of wisdom wrapped around me like a comforting embrace. "You deserve someone who sees your worth, Sophie. Someone who loves you for who you are, unconditionally and without reservation. Fitz's words may sting now, but they do not define you. You are so much more than the pain he has caused you."

"Also, you are not defined by someone else's perception of you. Fitz's words may have hurt, but they do not hold the power to determine your worth. You are strong, resilient, and capable of overcoming any challenge that comes your way." Keefe adds on giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

His words resonated deep within me, stirring a flicker of resolve in my weary heart. With Keefe's support, I began to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, a ray of hope amidst the shadows of doubt and self-blame. His unwavering belief in me kindled a spark of self-compassion, urging me to rise above the hurt and reclaim my strength.

I felt a glimmer of hope stirring within me, a spark of strength reigniting in my heart. I looked up at Keefe, my heart searching for answers. "Keefe, is there someone out there for me? Someone who will love me too?"

Keefe's gaze softened, a warm smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Sophie, love finds a way to those who believe in it. You are worthy of love, of happiness, and of finding someone who sees you for the amazing person you are. Trust in yourself, and the rest will fall into place."