-Telling Fitz The Bad News-

A/N: "Misery" Maroon 5

Sophie's POV: 

I woke up the next morning feeling a glimmer of hope as sunlight gently filters through my curtains, casting a warm glow on my face. For a moment, the world seems peaceful, but as reality seeps back into my consciousness, my heart sinks, and a wave of anxiety washes over me. As I remember what I need to do now. Fear gripped my heart, and this was not something I was looking forward to either.

Today is the day I must gather every ounce of courage I had to tell Fitz that our eligibility test for the Matchmakers has failed. I know I need to confess that I am not genuinely in love with him, despite our seemingly perfect relationship. But I also know Fitz, his anger issues lurking just beneath the surface, ready to erupt at any moment. They easily come out when things like this happen.

I almost want to snap him into reality and tell him that anger isn't the solution to everything that goes wrong.

The thought of disappointing Fitz gnaws at my soul. I wrestled with my emotions, uncertain whether my decision was selfish or courageous. I desperately want to be true to myself and find love authentically, rather than settling for a relationship predetermined by an algorithm and society's expectations. But the fear of Fitz's reaction paralyzes me. This is similar to what I felt when I had to tell him about my Unmatchable status. There was a clear reason why I told Keefe first.

I knew for a fact that Keefe wouldn't get mad and instead comfort and support me through this.

With each step closer to confronting Fitz, my palms grow clammy, and my stomach churns with unease. I've spends hours rehearsing my speech, trying to find the right words that will soften the blow while considering Fitz's fragile temperament. I know I need to approach the situation delicately to minimize the potential for explosion.

Which there's a huge chance for an explosion. I don't think I am getting out of it no matter what I do. The time has come, I can't hold back anymore. I'm just going to get it over and done with. I'll cry about it later and maybe eat some emotional Mallowmelt or something.

Fitz? Can you meet me under Calla's tree for a moment? I transmit to him, my anxiety worsening. I totally think I might faint from how anxious I feel right now. Sure, Soph! Any specific reason? Fitz questions. I need to talk to you about something. I told him. This is not easing anything; this is so terrifying.

Sure, I'll be right over! he says excitedly. Oh, dear that didn't help. I sank to the floor in nervousness. My heart was racing, and I felt like I was running out of air. As I waited, my mind began to spiral, and panic threatened to consume me. In a desperate attempt to calm her racing heart, I needed some comfort right now, so I reached out to Keefe. He had always been my rock, her source of comfort in times of distress. He was the best comfort I could get with the previous time.

"Hey, Keefe," I said into the imparter, my voice trembling. "I'm about to tell Fitz the truth, and I'm scared. Can... can you talk to me for a bit?"

Keefe's voice came through the imparter, laced with concern. "Of course, Foster. Take a deep breath. Remember, you've got this. I believe in you." As I listened to Keefe's soothing words, I felt some of the tension in my shoulders ease. Having his support meant the world to me.

I walked outside to Callas Panakes tree waiting for Fitz to show up.

My heart raced as I stood beneath the towering branches of Calla's panakes tree, the soft rustling of leaves above me the only sound in the stillness of the evening. The setting sun painted the sky in hues of pink and gold, casting a warm glow over the surroundings. I glanced at her watch nervously, waiting for Fitz to arrive.

Finally, I saw him approaching, his familiar figure cutting through the fading light. As he drew near, I could see the anticipation in his eyes, eager to hear the news I had for him.

"I got the letter," I blurted out as soon as he was within earshot. Fitz's expression lit up with excitement, but there was a hint of confusion in his eyes as he processed my words. "Why haven't I received mine then?" he asked, a touch of playful bewilderment in his voice. I laughed, listing off silly reasons why his letter might have been delayed, trying to lighten the mood. Which totally didn't help at all in my case at least.

But when I brought up the real reason for her transmit, Fitz's smile faded. I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. "Our eligibility test failed," I said quietly, feeling a lump form in my throat. "The Matchmakers know that I'm not actually in love with you."

I handed him the letter, my heart heavy with the weight of the words on the page. Fitz's expression darkened as he read the contents, his features contorting with anger. "This is ridiculous!" he exclaimed, his voice rising with each word. Hurtful accusations spilled from his lips, cutting deep into my heart.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOUR THE REASON WE FAILED! It was your unmatchable thing, wasn't it? I bet it was because you can't do anything right! YOUR A BIG FAILURE!"

And then, in a moment of impulsive rage, he spoke the words that shattered our fragile bond. "We're done," he spat, turning on his heel and storming away. In that moment, everything shattered. The love we thought we had built crumbled into a pile of broken promises and shattered dreams. Fitz disappeared in the light, leaving me standing under the panakes tree, the letter slipping from my grasp as I collapsed to the ground in a flood of tears.

The world around me blurred as the pain of heartbreak consumed me. The warm sunlight filtering through the leaves above offered no solace, the gentle breeze whispering a mournful melody through the branches. I clutched my heart, the ache of lost love echoing in every beat. In the stillness of that moment, as I lay broken and defeated beneath the tree, I knew that some wounds could never fully heal.

With tears streaming down like a waterfall down my face. I stood up and walked inside and up to my room. Grabbing my imparter, I hailed someone. Once their face appeared I said all they needed to know. 

"I feel broken." I whimpered sadly. 

Fitz's POV:

I slammed the door behind me as I entered my home, my fists clenched in frustration. The news of our failed eligibility test echoed in my mind, casting a shadow over my supposed happiness. Sophie, the girl he thought he loved, wasn't in love with him after all. The realization cut deeper than I had anticipated, stirring a tempest of anger and hurt within me.

As I made my way to my room, I could feel the anger boiling inside me, threatening to consume me. Why couldn't she just be perfect? Why did she have to disappoint me like this? The questions taunted me as I paced back and forth, the weight of disappointment heavy on my shoulders.

I threw myself on my bed, my mind consumed by thoughts of Sophie. She had seemed so perfect, so right for me. She had her powerful abilities, and she was the Moonlark. But now, it felt like everything was crumbling around me. First, she had been deemed unmatchable, and now this – their failed test. It was like a cruel joke, a slap in the face.

My chest tightened as I thought about how much I had invested in our relationship. The time, the emotions, the dreams we had shared. It all seemed like a facade now, a lie I had desperately wanted to believe. Anger swirled within me, directed not just at Sophie but at himself for being blind to the truth.

I clenched my jaw, my hands balled into fists as I let out a primal growl of frustration. Why did everything have to fall apart now? Why couldn't things just go smoothly for once? The bitterness of betrayal gnawed at me, fueling the flames of my anger.

The one thing I wanted I can't have and it's always her fault!  

----------------------------------------------------

*Who want's to join me in punching Fitz in the face for blaming Sophie like that?* 

*I also felt so bad for Sophie in this chapter!

"Oh, I can't stop it. No, I can't control it. Can you feel it overloading? Oh overloading, heh. You can't stop it. No, you can't control it. Can you feel it overloading? Oh, overloading, heh." (Overload--Life of Dillon)

Keep Being Cool

-KotLC183