Chapter 1: New Perspective

Long ago there were two kingdoms that lived side by side in harmony. One kingdom was filled with humans that were all mostly very kind and this kingdom was called Normia. It was named after their king Norman. Beside this lovely kingdom was a kingdom called Mystia. Mystia was filled with mystical creatures. There were mermaids in the oceans, nixies in the lakes, unicorns in the fields, dragons in the sky and any creature you could possibly imagine. They all had stranger mystical powers that overwhelmed the mortals. They all had strange physical characteristics that sent shivers up the spines of humans. Whether it was an extra set of eyes, big giant bat-like wings, scaly skin, or perhaps giant horns that were sharper than obsidian knives. Creature of all sorts that hissed and growled and flew and swam. Echoey voices of ghosts were heard through the dark cold forests. Even then despite the very obvious differences between the two kingdoms they were still all friends. Mystia was ruled by a powerful and kind fairy named Mylah and her husband Max who was a merman. The two kingdoms got along well for a long time until Max's pet dragon, named Midnight, accidentally went over to Normia and stepped on Norman's castle. The dragon accidentally crushed his wife and she sadly passed away. His son was nearly killed as well but luckily he managed to make it out alive. Norman didn't realize that the dragon had done this by accident and thought that the mythical creatures were out to get Norman and his family. So Norman decided to attack and tried to kill every last mythical creature in Mystia but he was no match for the powerful beings. Just as Norman and his army were losing tremendously a powerful witch who hated humans casted a powerful spell that was considered unbreakable that caused the magical kingdom of Mystia to be hidden away from the human world. No one was able to get in, no one was able to get out. They were all trapped including Norman and what was left of his army. Norman was now separated from his kingdom and his son. Angry creatures surrounded Norman and were about to kill him when all of the sudden Queen Mylah stopped them and said, "Everyone stop fighting. What is the point of this? This is all some misunderstanding! We can find a way to work it out." Norman was still angry and wanted more revenge. He sought out the owner of the dragon who had murdered his wife. Even though Mylah saved Norman's life he was still unhappy. Hatred was the only thing Norman has within his heart. He made his way to the beach where the merman Max was relaxing on. Max was unaware of the battle that was going on in his kingdom. He never paid attention. That was one thing Mylah didn't like about him. Mylah had many ex husbands and thought Max would finally be the one but then recently she had become unsure. Norman walked on the burning hot sand with his bare feet. His sharpest sword was being held strongly by his right hand. In his left hand he held a shield that was a gift from his father who had passed away many years ago. The king watched as Max the merman and his green scaly tail laid there on the beach sunbathing. Max's eyes were closed and he was still and silent. Norman quietly walked across the scorching sand to where Max laid. He stood right in front of the sea creature and jabbed the sword right through Max's heart. He shrieked in pain and tried to gasp for air but then immediately the life escaped from his eyes and he was dead. Mylah was following Norman and finally caught up to him but it was too late. He had killed her merman husband. Norman pulled the sword out of the dead merman and took a couple steps back. He felt a wave of regret wash over him. Tears fell from the man's eyes. Mylah rushed over to her husband's lifeless body in tears, cursing Norman for what he had done. Norman realized then and there that getting revenge didn't make him feel any better. He was also informed by some of his soldiers that they heard the dragon killing his wife was an accident, not an act of violence toward his kingdom. Norman cried and cursed at himself for what he had done and how foolish he had been. Norman ran to Mylah and handed the fairy his sword. "Stab me through the heart. Just like how I did to your husband. It is what I deserve. I am so sorry." The man said sobbing uncontrollably. Mylah stood up and placed the sword gently onto the sand. Mylah had always been very forgiving. Possibly too forgiving. "I forgive you. I know why you did so. It was all a misunderstanding. Still very cruel but I will allow you to live. Perhaps if you spend your days as my servant in my castle I can forget this ever happened. Maybe we can be friends." Said the fairy. "Thank you so much! I don't deserve this kindness!" Norman cried out happily. "But Mylah, what about my soldiers? There are a couple hundred at least and they have no place to live since we are now trapped in your kingdom!" "I shall give them places to live and jobs to do. There are plenty of homes that need to be filled. We have lots of space here in Mystia and we can always make more room." said Mylah. Norman couldn't comprehend why the Queen of the mystical kingdom was being so kind to him and his soldiers that were so cruel to her and her mind him. He didn't deserve it after all he had done. "Why do you do all this for a man who did you wrong?" Norman asked. "I believe in second chances." Mylah said, smiling softly at the man. Norman felt his heart skip a beat but he wasn't quite sure why. Mylah took him back to her castle and gave him his own room to stay in and chores he has to do as a servant there. Mylah gave him lots of food and water and treated him kindly. Norman also treated her kindly as well. He has learned his lesson that he shouldn't let his emotions get the best of him. Now he just had to make the best out of this life which from now on would be very different from what he was used to.