Chapter 14: Mylah and The Fish

A couple weeks had past and Nerine and Norman were still living in the dark forest along with Wraith. Norman was having trouble sleeping not only because the dark forest is terrifying but also he was used to sleeping in a king sized bed covered in fluffy blankets and pillows. No he slept on the cold, wet grass along with the bugs and mosquitoes. Fortunately Nerine new how to make a magical spray that kept all the bugs away. Norman was very thankful for that. One morning when Lau and Milo were visiting Nerine remembered a book she had accidentally left at the castle. Nerine's heart dropped. She didn't want to have to go back to the castle but it was her favorite book. A book her mother had given her. Nerine was still upset with Mylah but she knew she couldn't stay mad forever. Norman however did not seem like he wanted to reconcile with her. Which was understandable to Nerine but she kind of missed Mylah. Nerine waited till the next morning ro go to the castle. Later that night Milo and Lau went back to their homes and Nerine and Norman went to sleep. Nerine laid down in the pond and Norman curled up underneath a tree. Wraith didn't need to sleep since he was a ghost. He just wandered aimlessly around the forest. He did keep an eye on Nerine and Norman once in a while to make sure they were safe. Nerine had casted a spell that protected them while they slept but it didn't always work. The next morning Nerine woke up bright and early so she could make her was to the castle without Norman noticing. Norman hadn't been able to fall asleep but finally he did because he was so tired. At this point it didn't even matter to him how horribly uncomfortable the ground was. He was too tired to keep his eyes opened. "Where are you going?" Wraith asked Nerine in a quiet voice, careful not to wake Norman. "I forgot something at the castle." Nerine replied. Wraith nodded and followed Nerine. He wasn't going to go inside the castle with her but he wanted to at least be near her just to make sure she was okay. When she got to the castle she knocked on the door and waited a moment. A few minutes later Mylah opened the door. "Oh hi Nerine." Mylah said with a fake smile. Mylah was trying to be friendly since she felt bad."Hello." Nerine muttered with a serious look on  her face. "Did you need something?" Mylah said, cheerfully. "Yeah I left a book here I just came to grab it. I'll also make sure me and Norman didn't leave anything else behind so we don't have to come back here." Nerine explained, looking angry. "Ok." Mylah said with a slight smile. "What? You're just gonna pretend it never happened. Even though it's been only a couple weeks?" Nerine scoffed. "Look, I know there is some tension between us. I shouldn't have yelled at you and I forgive Norman and you-" "Oh so you're just gonna forgive and forget huh? Even though it's you who made the most mistakes?" Nerine scoffed. "What did you think Norman wouldn't tell me about what you did? It's you who should be apoligizing." Nerine continued. "I'm sorry Nerine I was only trying to protect myself and I- I just thought it would makes things worse." Mylah says, with tears in her eyes. Nerine kind of started to feel bad. Nerine took a deep breath. "It's ok. I'm sorry too. We all messed up. We can't take what we did back." She said, smiling at Mylah. Mylah smiled back and sighed with relief. Nerine went upstairs and quickly grabbed her book. She came back downstairs and hugged Mylah. "I know you told me to stay out of your business but there's someone I think you would like to meet." Nerine said with a big smile. Mylah rolled her eyes. "Ok who?" She sighed. "My father actually." said Nerine. Mylah gave her a weirded out look. "What? I think you'd really like him and I think he'd really like you. He's had his issues in the past but he's really nice." Nerine explained. "Ok fine I guess I'll talk to him." Mylah said, feeling kind of annoyed but a little bit hopeful. "Mylah I was wondering.. maybe I'd 100% forgive you and forget this happened if you give Norman a room to stay in. Just for now please!" Nerine begged. "Ok fine." Mylah agreed. "Ok thank you!" Nerine exclaimed. She then skipped away back to the dark forest. The next day Nerine told Norman everything and at first Norman didn't want to forgive her and also did not want to go back and live at the castle. "Come on Norman just until we can get you a place to stay." Nerine begged. "Ok fine." Norman gave in. Nerine and Norman made their way to the castle. "I can't believe I can't be king anymore." Norman complained. "Is being king fnaf important to you?" Nerine asked as she rolled her eyes. "Yeah and eventually I have to move out of the castle so where am I supposed to even live?" Norman groaned. "Norm. I told you I'll figure it out. There's some nice cabins-" "Cabin? I can't live in a cabin!" Norman protested. "Look I know you're used to the spoiled rich brat lifestyle but it's the best I can do Norm." Nerine explained. "You are literally a sea princess! You live in a golden castle! Can't you do something?" Norman begged. "Well I could give you a room in my castle but since you are literally a human being you will drown, love." Nerine explained to him. "Ugh! Well can't you get me some gold or something?" He asked, rolling his eyes. "No, it's too heavy." She complained. "Well just one gold bar!? Pleaseee!" Norman begged. "No we don't have gold bars, we actually have gold coins." Nerine explained.
"Just one gold coin then? Maybe two?" He continued begging.  "No. They'll do you no good on land anyways." Said Nerine. "Ugh. I have to live in a stupid cabin and I lost another wife. I lost two wives and I lost my son and I lost my role as King of Normia and now I lost my role as King of Mystia as well! I've lost everything!" Norman complained, "Hey you still have. You're like family to me. I'm not going anywhere. Also there's plenty of fish in the sea! I'm sure you'll find someone." Nerine said, trying to reassure Norman. "Yeah and my ex wife chose a literal fish in the sea!" Norman exclaimed.  "Hey that's my dad you're talking about! Besides, I haven't even introduced them to each other yet! Also wait, how did you know about that? Nerine asked, realizing he hadn't told him that part. "I'm a great listener." He said. "I have a hard time believing that." Nerine muttered. "Fine, that friend of yours has a big mouth. Which is funny because I'm not even sure he has a mouth at all." Norman explained.
"Ugh Wraith told you really?" She asked. "Yep." Norman replied. "Look I'm sorry but my dad has been so lonely ever since my mother died and he's a really kind man. He's made some mistakes but he is back to being his old self now that he trusts you and the other humans but can you really blame him you literally killed his friend Max." Nerine explained. "Ugh whatever. It's fine." Norman groaned. "You sure?" She asked. "Yeah. Your father already hates me so why not make him hate me more." Norman muttered. "Whatever, don't mind him, ok it doesn't matter we can still be friends who cares what he thinks!" Said Nerine, putting a hand on Norman's shoulder. Norman smiled slightly. "Ok." He nodded. That day Nerine asked her dad to go on a date with Mylah at a restaurant near the middle of the kingdom. He was unsure at first but eventually he agreed. "Thanks for taking care of my daughter when I didn't. She's tol me many great things about you." Said Nereus as him and Mylah sat down at a table. "You're welcome. She's told me many great things about hou too." Mylah said with a smile. He smiled back at her. They both felt hopeful that this could one day unfold into something special.