Chapter 15: True Feelings

The next day Lau was relaxing alone in the light forest. "Hey handsome." A familiar voice says from behind Lau. Lau couldn't help but blush though he knew Milo was probably just being sarcastic. "Hey." Lau said, awkwardly as he turned around to face Milo. Milo walked toward him with a big smile on his face. He placed his hand in Lau's head and messed up his hair. Lau tucked the hair that was in his face behind his ear and laughed. Milo continued to smile at him and Lau suddenly had an anxious look on his face. "Hey, is something wrong?" Milo asked, looking concerned. "Uh no nothing wrong." Lau lied. There was actually something wrong. Recently Lau realized he has feelings for Milo that are deeper than friendship but was almost 100% sure that Milo didn't feel the same. But he was wrong. Milo did feel the same and had felt that way for years. Milo did want to tell Lau his true feelings because he didn't want to risk losing him. "Ok. Are you sure everything is ok?" Milo asked again. "Yeah." Lau nodded and smiled. Milo smiled back. They both sat down next to each other underneath a tree. Their shoulders and thighs were touching. The air was warm and everything was silent. "Can I ask you something?" Milo asked. "Sure." Lau said, curiously. "Have you- ever had a crush on anyone?" Milo questioned, leaning in a little closer to Lau. "Uhm I'm not sure maybe." Lau replied, laughing awkwardly. "Who?" Milo asked. "I don't know. Even if I did have a crush on someone I wouldn't tell anyone who they are." Lau responded. "You wouldn't even tell me? Even though I'm your best friend?" Milo asked, glaring at Lau. "Nope. What about you? Do you have a crush on anyone?" Lau asked. "Well if you're not going to tell me I'm not gonna tell you." Milo laughed. "Fine then." Said Lau, smiling. Milo rested his head on Lau's shoulder. Lau blushed. Their hands were next to each other on the grass slowly inching towards each other, until their fingers intertwined. Lau's heart raced as he looked down at their hands. Milo and Lau looked at each other with loving eyes. Milo suddenly leaned in and pressed his lips against Lau's. Lau's eyes widened in shock at first, but then he melted into the kiss, enjoying the feeling of Milo's lips against his own. But just as quickly as it had happened, Milo pulled away, a look of fear and panic crossing his face. "I-I'm sorry, Lau," Milo stammered, quickly standing up and taking a few steps back. "I shouldn't have done that." Lau felt a surge of hurt and confusion wash over him as he watched Milo retreat. "Milo, wait," he called out, reaching a hand towards him. But Milo shook his head, his eyes wide with panic. "I can't, Lau. I can't do this." And with that, he turned and ran off into the forest, leaving Lau sitting there all alone, his heart aching with the realization of what had just happened.
Feeling lost and abandoned, Lau sat there for a long time, replaying the kiss over and over again in his mind. He couldn't understand why Milo had run away, why he had reacted with such fear and panic. But one thing was clear – things between them would never be the same again. And as the sun began to set, casting long shadows across the forest, Lau knew that he would have to face the truth of his feelings for Milo and the uncertainty that now lay ahead. Lau made his way to the dark forest where Nerine was so he could tell her what had happened. Nerine listened intently as Lau told her about the kiss and Milo's sudden retreat. She could see the pain in his eyes and knew that he needed someone to confide in. "I'm so sorry, Lau," Nerine said, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "But maybe there's a reason why Milo ran away. Maybe he's just scared of his own feelings." Lau nodded, taking in her words. "I don't know what to do, Nerine. I've never felt this way about anyone before." Nerine smiled softly at her friend. "You just have to give him some time, Lau. Maybe he just needs to sort out his own feelings before he can come back to you." Lau sighed, feeling a sense of hope wash over him. "Thank you, Nerine. I don't know what I would do without you." Nerine hugged him tightly before whispering, "You'll figure it out, Lau. And whatever happens, I'll always be here for you." With those words, Lau felt a sense of comfort and determination settle within him. He would wait for Milo and he would be there for him when he was ready to face their true feelings. Lau didn't see Milo for the rest of the day and no one knew where he was. Everyone was starting to get worried about their friend so they decided to start a search party to go and find him. Everyone helped. Nerine, Lau, Wraith, Norman, Mylah, and even Nereus. They searched for hours all through out the kingdom but still they couldn't find him. They decided that he was probably just somewhere in the light forest so they were going to try not to worry about it for now. If they still didn't here for him in a day or two they would continue looking and maybe even find more people to help.