one ;an order

︎︎

ᝰ.ᐟ

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
BOOM!

a loud explosion brought your attention back to earth. you found yourself on the ground, presumably knocked over by the impact. you grunted, sitting up to process the situation you zoned out of.

your memory was hazy, as always, but you recalled being brought to a house in the middle of an isolated forest. you were just trailing behind your superior, brad coleman, and was waiting for him to finish his boring speech about magic and the lackmagics.

your gaze fell upon a mushroom-head boy. was he always there? ─ you let out a 'hm' at the thought. that wasn't important. you searched for brad amidst the smoke that flooded the little home. the home... you recalled finding it cozy.

maybe you could move into a cozy home like that one day, if you were ever let free to roam on your own by the bureau of magic. you shook away the thought. now wasn't the time for dreams. the smokescreen finally started clearing up.

"you put up a good fight, kid!" you heard brad yell out, aiming his wand as he charged up a ball condensed of magic energy. you thought he would fire at a certain point, but he kept charging it up.

"brad! wait!" an officer who accompanied you and brad cried out, concerned about the aftermath. wait, why is he naked again?

"nalcompas diagorus!" brad chanted, finally firing the charged up ball alas at the mushroom-head kid.

SMACK!

the boy... slapped away his spell, as if it were an ordinary ball.

"oh. he slapped away your magic, brad." you spoke up, pointing at the teenager in front of you.

"i can tell, moron." brad shut his eyes, a dumbfounded expression on his face before the fustration set in.

"grr, dammit!" he growled, firing more nalcompas-es.

although, all attempts to attack were futile as the boy started playing with the magic energy spheres as if it was some game.

he bent his knees, absorbing the momentum of the ball as it failed to knock past his arms. then, he started juggling them. then dribbling, which was by far the most impressive one out of all his circus moves.

you were, to say the least, entertained for the first time in years. was it magic? either way, you didn't want it to end. you only watched with an awestruck look on your face.

"(y/n)!" brad called out to you. you flinched, broken out of your trance as you looked towards him.

"finish him off, this is an order!"