nineteen ;a sacrilege

︎︎

ᝰ.ᐟ

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
you leaned against the door of your dorm, impatiently tapping your finger as your arms remained folded. your eyes were glued onto your window, awaiting the next order of the bureau.

a few hours after your conversation with wahlberg, you had received word about agents of innocent zero hiding out around easton. more specifically, the underground arena you had introduced to abel.

you took priority with issues regarding innocent zero. after all, you were quite familiar with both the group and their leader.

you were informed to be on standby for any issued orders from the bureau, leaving you no choice but to put aside your interrogation with abel and his occurrence with the little identity fraud pretending to be you.

the moon was in direct view of your window. you narrowed your eyes at it, finding something odd about it's current phase.

was it supposed to be a full moon that day?

your attention was broken away as an owl flew through your opened window, a letter held between it's beak. you extended an arm out, letting the animal perch on your arm as you pet it's head. it fondly leaned toward your touch, eyes closing up before snapping back to it's initial objective.

the owl dropped the letter onto your palm before flying off with a hoot.

your eyes zipped from end to end of the sheet, briefly skimming through the contents of the notice before shoving it in your pocket.

you sighed before the usual green flames engulfed you, taking you straight to the entrance of the underground arena.

the hallway was dim, lined with armoured mannequins as they created an ominous atmosphere. you stared down at the plain ground, a gate concealed beneath the guise of floor tiles.

you hovered an open hand above the gate, unravelling the door's disguise as it revealed itself and popped open.

your head perked up at the sound of footsteps and a familiar presence. you turned your head back, eyebrows raising as a certain someone emerged from the shadows of the elongated hallway.

"you're here?" he spoke up as you came into his view.

"are you here for innocent zero as well, rayne?" you fished out the notice you were issued.

"yes. but either of us would've been enough, so why both?" the divine visionary approached you.

"the bureau issued me the notice. i wasn't informed about you." you held up the letter for rayne.