two ;an exam

︎︎

ᝰ.ᐟ

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
the day for the entrance examination to the historic and prestigious easton magic academy finally dawned upon you and the boy you were assigned to protect. you learnt from his adoptive father, regro burnedead, that his name was mash.

mash burnedead, the most intriguing boy you've ever met.

and even now, he was just as intriguing.

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG-

the sound of weights coming in contact with the ground echoed, a few students stared at the source with you. it was none other than mash burnedead, the automatic iron pumping machine.

half of the attention from the surrounding applicants was on him, the other half was on you.

"the way her magic mark is formed! could she be...?"

you heard a number of students mutter and mutter about your magic mark. it didn't matter too much to you, but sometime back you had learnt that unnecessary attention could draw trouble.

you furrowed your brows; the muttering was seriously getting annoying. would sealing their mouths shut be an option? ─ you shook the thought off, turning your attention to mash who was... doing an invisible chair.

interesting.

you picked up the presence of two familiar individuals. you had a peculiar sensitivity towards mana, so you easily identified said familiar individuals to be... brad and regro.

you turned your head to the source of the magic energy that you sensed, only to be met with the sight of two poorly disguised old men. you could swear at a time like this, you were the most normal. you made eye contact with the two, shooting them a look at said 'get lost'.

the two men only turned to each other, whispering with their 'inconspicuous' disguises.

a burst of green flames swirled around the once empty podium, drawing everybody's attention ─ yours included.

"greetings, examinees!" a voice boomed from within the hurricane of flames. eventually, the flames dissipated, revealing a young professor.

"i'll be overseeing this year's entrance examination. my name is claude lucci. the pleasure's all mine." for some reason, he looked smug about announcing and introducing himself.

"claude lucci?! he's ranked 7th in this year's top up-and-coming mages!" you heard a student exclaim from the crowd. followed by another hurdle of students, the majority were praising him for what seemed like, to you, nothing.