eleven ;an oddity

︎︎

ᝰ.ᐟ

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
the vibrations of the shaken ground woke you up from your small nap in the middle of the forest behind the owl huts within easton's campus. not a very secure spot to be napping all vulnerable and defenseless, but surely convenient in an odd sense.

"graviole." you heard a familiar voice cast. the sudden impact of the spell caused you to fall forward, your first kiss being given to the ground.

"whoever's magic that is... i'm killing you." you groaned, pushing yourself up from the ground as blood dripped from your nose.

you regained your footing, a hand against the tree you slept on for support. you used your other arm to wipe the blood of your nose, letting your magic work its way through your wound.

you trudged through the forest, careful for any unstable grounds due to the gravity magic that was just cast.

in the distance, your sights were caught on mash charging at lance. no wonder that voice sounded familiar, it was lance's magic. but whether friend or foe, you were gonna kill him for his nuisance of a spell.

"trying to win without magic? graviole!" the siscon casted once more, the conversation of the two students becoming slightly more coherent.

mash, unguarded against the gravity magic, was immediately tugged to the ground. you watched as lance's mouth moved, but you weren't listening to a thing he was saying, thanks to the drowsiness of your nap.

mash was evidently attempting to resist the strong gravitational pull, but his attempts were futile from the unexpected weight. his hands curled into fists as he tried pushing himself up, only to be forced back down.

you cautiously approached closer to the fight, ready to step in if it had gone too far. you had seen numerous many cases where students beat each other half to death over mere coins, and though you doubted that neither lance or mash were mentally incompetent enough to cause that, it was best to be on standby.

"trying to stand is futile. no human can withstand this gravity." lance stated, his wand pointed down at the direction of the gravitational pull.

"i don't need to stand." mash muttered before plunging his arm into the ground.

it was a clear improvisation, but mash reached into the ground, searching for a large root that would be forcefully pulled out when found. cracks formed on the surface of the ground as roots emerged from the soil. in other words, mash had split the very battlefield.

unbeknownst to the blue haired boy, the roots had reached beneath his very footing. the unprecedented emergence had caused him to lose his balance, roughly tumbling onto his hands and knees.