fifteen ;a spark

︎︎

ᝰ.ᐟ

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎

"well. not the best timing, huh?"

an awkward chuckle had left your lips as you muttered under your breath at the sight of the mushroom-head─ someone you wished was anywhere but there.

"...thanks for bringing that to my attention." abel responded to mash's addressing of the obviously ripped off door.

"you're welcome." his response was plain as he held the door in his hands.

"you're the first-year with the gold coin." abel addressed, his words brimming with intent.

"that's me." mash affirmed, yet not noticing your presence despite being stood in the middle of the room.

"why do you wish to be a visionary?" the third-year interrogated. you shook your head at his antics.

"i want to live peacefully with my family." mash answered.

"beautiful... but you are misguided." abel peered up at the first-year, a predatory gaze set on him.

"is that really necessary now?" you sighed, deadpanning at him as you folded your arms.

"indeed. i've heard that your position to be the next divine visionary was settled years ago. i'm as well curious on why you decided to open up that position so suddenly." he glanced at you, holding his head up high as if shunning you for that ridiculous decision.

anyone in your stead would never give up such a high position, especially after earning it, but the second the opportunity came to you to drop every bit of knowledge and strength you built up in preparation of becoming a visionary, you took it without a second thought, in a single heartbeat.

"i lack the spark to be one. i'm simply unfit." you shrugged, keeping your answer lacking in definition.

"unfit..?" abel muttered, disbelief toning his speech before letting out a scoff. you quirked a brow at him, wondering what was so amusing about your response.

"you've risen to the top of the magic world in a mere 16 years. you possess magic that no one can rival. your knowledge is far extensive beyond the current generation of mages..." he started, lowering his head.

"unfit. do you take this for a joke?" his words seethed with fustration as he leered at you.

if someone like you saw herself as unfit to become a seer of god, then all his efforts and everyone else's would be nothing but a mockery.

you had everything, and gave it all up─ for what?

the lack of a metaphoric spark?

'who knew you were this pathetic, (y/n) kairos?'