thirteen ;a tool

︎︎

ᝰ.ᐟ

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
upon the unprecedented appearance of the magia lupus' top 2, you found yourself being escorted by abyss to the 11th floor where another one of their ominous meetings would take place.

"so? how important is this meeting that i have to be called in?" you tried sparking a conversation with your escort, breaking the silence between the two of you. but to no avail, you received nothing in response.

"you can talk, i know that. is it too much to ask why?" you raised a brow. your eyed trailed down to his hands that were clenched into fists.

you couldn't exactly read his face due to his mask being put back on, but you could tell from his body language that he had something to say. he just.... couldn't quite talk.

you reached a hand into your cloak, taking out an empty paper talisman and handing it to him.

"if you can't speak, write it. or draw. whichever you're better at." you offered.

hesitation was evident on the masked student, but nonetheless, he took the empty note, taking out his wand to convey his words. you slowed as you gave abyss time to write whatever he wanted to write as he mirrored your pace.

he then handed you the freshly written note. you hummed, reading through it's contents that consisted of few words.

"lord abel's request: keep an eye a second-year during inter-dorm class activities.

silver coins."

you gave a crooked smile at the note. so, you were put on babysitting duty. how pleasant. you returned to your neutral expression as you flipped the note, passing the empty side back to abyss.

"who's the second-year? and why me of all people?" you huffed, slightly frowning at the thought of having to devote your attention to a nobody.

"silva iron, someone cocky and arrogant. he was held back a year.

enjoy."

"not funny..." you grumbled, reading the last part of his note. you assumed he meant 'enjoy' as in 'enjoy dealing with him', or 'enjoy babysitting a cocky weirdo'.

a stifled chuckle escaped the masked student. you perked your head up, fixing your slumped posture at the sound.

"my apologies." abyss finally spoke.