Chapter 2

"Drink you'll feel better." I said handing her a drink.

"I don't know how my parents drink this stuff." She said as she sniffed the small absinthe rinsed glass.

"Well it's absinthe, I don't know why you asked for it." I said with a chuckle knowing I'd never gone home sober after absinthe. I ended up blacking out or hallucinating if I had a fair serving of it.

"I don't know what to ask for I just went with what my parents drink. It's disgusting." She said hardly even being able to sip the thing. "I can't relax if I can't drink Cori."

"Alright stay here and keep sipping. I'll get you something actually palatable." I said with a huff as I got up.

I walked over to the bar that was just inside the door and thankfully no one was being served at the moment so I was able to walk right up. The bartender noticed me and stepped away from the fruit he was cutting off to the side.

"What can I do for you?" He asked with a smile on his face and he looked so familiar but I had grown up around these people so maybe he was.

"Cosmo and a glass of Cabernet." I said with a smile back.

"Make that two Cabernets. Make hers a heavy poor." I heard behind me and I turned to see Theo coming up with Draco at his side and as I annoyed as I was to see Theo we had been sick waiting on my brother.

"Sir?" The man asked pointing to my brother.

"Rye whiskey, neat with a sugar cube." He said and I saw he looked pale.

"Draco." I said in a whisper as I stepped closer and away from Theo.

"Everything is fine. Not in here." He said looking at the bar tender and the few people nearby that were in their own conversation.

"Are you okay?" I asked him softly.

"Im fine relax. Let's get our drinks and talk outside." He said firmly.

"Pansy is panicking. I'll get your drink go on." I said knowing she was dying to know he was okay.

"Thank you." He said placing a hand on my shoulder as he turned to walk outside.

I turned and watched Pansy literally jump into his arms. He held her tightly and they hugged for a long while. I could see his lips moving but I couldn't hear what was being said I was thankful he was okay but I knew we were all far from relaxed.

"So, dark marks." I heard Theo say at my side.

"Do not talk to me." I said shaking my head because now was not the time.

"Quit being grumpy, if the dark lord catches you giving me lip he's going to be pissed." He said leant up on the bar next to me.

"I'm sorry are you supposed to be someone speacial to me?" I asked in a snippy tone.

"Just the one stuck putting up with you." He said resentfully.

"I wouldn't bet on that." I mumbled.

"God woman you are insufferable." He groaned.

"I know, and you're just so pleasant." I said sarcastically.

"Here you are." I heard from the other side of the counter.

I grabbed Draco's drink and before I could even grab my drink Theo snatched it up and so I grabbed Pansy's. He headed outback to the patio and I followed as we came up on Pansy and Draco sat on two chairs talking. He held her hands as she was panicking about something. I passed them both their drink and she thanked me. Draco gave me a nod and I went to so sit down on the ledge.