Chapter 11

I slowly opened the bathroom door leaving my shirt folded on his counter. I shut the door behind me and I saw he was starting a fire in his fireplace. I walked out feeling like I had woken up from a bad dream. I had no idea I was going to be hurt like that and end up with Theo of all people but here I was.

I walked around and watched him unsure of what to do or what to say. He stood back up and looked at me and walked closer. He sat down on the long couch he had in his room in front of the fire and held an open arm for me to come sit next to him.

"Come here." He said and I sat down next to him and looked to his sad eyes. "Tell me what happened."

"Theo." I said and my bottom lip tried to curl because I was scared to say it out loud.

"You have to tell me what happened. I can't fix it if I don't know what happened." He said shaking his head softly. He looked like he had calmed down but with him it was easy to wind him up.

"You don't have to fix anything." I said in a whimper.

"I don't care how much we play around and hate each other. Anyone who lays a finger on you is dead." He said and he started to play with my hair and I was fighting being anxious and relaxing. "Parlami, amore mio."

He has asked me to talk to him and explained what happened. I'd never admit it but when he spoke to me in Italian, even when it was an insult or something rude, I melted for him. Even the nastiest of insults sounded smooth coming from him. It was hard to tell him no.

"I was studying with him and things were quiet. He came onto me and... he started kissing me and he just came on really strong. I told him to stop because I didn't want to and he just lost it. It's like a switch flipped and he started freaking out of me and calling me a liar." I said and I felt a tear fall down my cheek. "He said I was lying to him and just... went off."

"You told him no and he did this?" He asked in a soft tone.

"I just said we shouldn't... you know. He was on top of me and trying to get in my pants. I said no because he was coming on so strong and it was just too fast and maybe I didn't say it the right way-"

"No. You didn't do anything wrong." He said brushing away my tears. "I'm sorry I wasn't there."

"I couldn't fight back, Theo. As soon as he left I just ran. Draco wasn't in his room and I just came here because I was scared to stay in my room." I said shaking my head.

"You came to the right place." He said bringing me into his arms. I felt his lips press against my head and I laid across his chest. "I've got you."

"Can you walk me back to my room in a bit?" I asked softly.

"Of course. Stay here for a while so I know you're okay?" He asked.

"Okay." I said softly.

I was curled up under his arm and his hands played with my hair. My arm was draped around his midsection as we both were laid back on the couch. I was impossibly warm as the fire crackled and it almost drowned out the sound of the pounding rain.

"Amore?" I asked in a weak voice.

"Yes?" He responded sounding a little surprised.

"I don't actually want to hate you, you know." I said feeling the need to be honest with him.

"I don't want to hate you either." He said softly. "I never have."

I squeezed him a little tighter and I felt a weight over me. I looked and a blanket was now over me. I felt my eyes get heavy and looking into the fire I zoned out into calmness. I relaxed and I felt at peace for just a moment before I was claimed by much needed sleep and calmness.