Chapter 17

Mrs.Pines POV(Piedmont, California):

"What do you mean Dipper died? Have you been reading Hungry Games again? For the last time-" I couldn't believe him. Everything I do he blames it on the HUNGER (Not Hungry- stupid husband) Games. "No, Mabel and Stan told me." He looked at me and I looked right back. "You're not even crying." 

I wasn't. Loss is something that hasn't effected me, after my father disappeared in Gravity Falls, no explanation, I just don't feel much about loss. People come and go, if they die, they die, can't do much. I don't even know what happened to either Dipper or my dad. 

"Hey!" He called. I looked at him, "Sorry, Mr.Pines. Don't blame me." He chuckled, "Mr.Pines? Okay Mrs.Pines, have you even asked why or how he died? He is scared, over protective, safe and perfectly healthy." I looked at him and shrugged, "Did you try to call them back?" I nodded and then looked behind him and saw all the dishes in the sink. 

I looked at him in disgust, "Did you do any chores?" He rose from the chair. "Wasn't it your turn?" Wow, obnoxious! "I do everything for this family! I even gave birth! I always do the work, one day will not hurt you!" He looked at me blankly and responded, "You changed the topic from our death son to dishes. How cold! Anyway, remember when I was doing the dishes for you and you came home early and fell asleep so I had to do all the work? I did all of it the day before!" I hated him, "It was your turn anyway and wasn't that in 2002?! But back to Dipper." He smirked, "Let me try to call the Shack." He took out his phone and walked into the bathroom. 

I walked over to the dishes and started to clean them one by one. One smudge erased every time, thinking that my father had to do this once for me, when I was just young. Taking me to a trip to Gravity Falls instead of Glass Shard Beach. Taking me to a place where he spent no time with me instead of spending time with me. Then taking me back home and leaving me and mom to go back to Gravity Falls and Uncle Stan. Then dying for me to never see him again. Unexplained.

And then I send my kids there.

Leaving them to loose contact with me.

To die and never to see me again.

Unexplained.

Alone.

With my books.

And this goddamn man who understand nothing about me.

"No answer for the first few times I called, but lastly Mabel answered and explained that he-" The damn man looked down instead of explaining. "Why?" He didn't answer and just said, "She told me that I wouldn't want to know and I think it means-" He didn't say anything. "Why? WHY? WHY DID DAD DIE? IN THE SAME HELL OF A TOWN! What is this? I mean why did we even send them? Money problems?!" He let out a small smile, "At least we don't need to pay for Dipper or fight for custody." That man would sell out his only children for money.

I couldn't understand.

But what you can't understand is not worth understanding.

That only means that you don't need to understand.

Because if you needed to, you would know right away.

"Hey what's on television?" I say casually. "Total Divas, start in 5 minutes." I looked at him and shrugged, "Want to watch?" He replies with a nod and we sit to watch.

A/N: Two more parts and then we are done! A lot of updates today huh? Well don't forget to vote and comment!