Chapter 2

The Abattoir (Night)
[Crows are heard squawking overhead.]
Vincent: Okay. Let's start it. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a.
Hope: Mom?
Vincent: That's it. She is purified.
"It sounds too easy." Said Kol.
"Don't jinx it!!" Said Bella.
Klaus: Thank you.
"Wow. Klaus Mikaelson thanking someone. It's historical event." Said Bella. Klaus rolled his eyes amused.
[A crow squawks nearby while a dead one falls from the sky. They all begin to die around Hope.]
Everyone looks worried for Hope.
Hayley: What is this?
Vincent: I don't know.
Hope: Mom? Can you hear that? It's whispers. Saying a name. Over and over. "Kre Nah Han, Kre Nah Han".
Hayley: Vincent, what what is that?
Vincent: It's a nearly forgotten dialect. It's Creole. It means "the Hollow". The Hollow is coming. Elias, What are you doing here?! I told you to stay in your room.
Elias: Is Hope okay?
Bella: She will be. Come on, let's go back to bed. [Bella holds 5 year old Elias's hand and they walk out.]
"Thank you." Said Freya to Bella. Bella nodded.
THE ABATTOIR (MORNING)
Klaus: How is she?
Hayely: Uh, the fever's back. But she's not in any pain. She's asking for you.
Klaus: Well, make an excuse. I'd rather my daughter not know I've gone off to murder witches.
Elijah: We can not be reckless, Niklaus.
Klaus: And how would you have me respond? Should I delegate my child's safety to someone else?
Bella: You will be helping by staying here. Hope is scared and she seems to feel safer with you. You should be the one who stays and comforts her. We will take care of this.
"My future self is right." Said Bella.
Hayley: Bella is right. You should stay here and protect our daughter. Do not let anything or anyone near her.
THE ABATTOIR
Klaus: How are you feeling?
Hope: I'm still so cold. Are the birds gone?
Klaus: Yeah, they're gone, sweetheart. And when you're better, which will be soon, you and I are going to share the biggest plate of beignets you've ever seen. And you can tell me where in this big, wide world you'd like me to take you.
Hope: Aunt Bella said you loved New Orleans most of all.
Klaus: I did, once. But putting your love in a place is a mistake. Being here in our home, seeing these walls, I am reminded that it is people who are best suited to fill our hearts.
Everyone looked at Klaus impressed. Elijah looks proud.
"Being a father suits you." Said Bella. Klaus smiled.
Hope: Dad. I don't feel so good.
TREMÈ
Marcel: Listen up. Listen up. For five years now, we've had a truce. Stayed out of each other's business. Tended to our own. But now, your problems are becoming mine. Someone is taking children. As you know, I have one nonnegotiable rule: we do not mess with kids. Now, you've seen that graffiti. Someone here's got to know who's responsible. Right? So just give me a name. Hmm?
Imposing witch: We don't owe you anything. [The crowd murmurs in agreement.] You're no friend to witches.
"There are more important things on matter! Like children's lives!!" Said Freya.
Hayley: You don't trust him. I get it. But one of those kids is my daughter. She's seven. She likes to paint, catch fireflies, make up stories. All I know is that she's sick. Right now, I don't care about the past. I'm just a mom asking you to help me.
Imposing witch: There's a girl named Lara. I saw her draw the same symbol on her window in blood.
Hayley: Where do I find this witch?
Imposing witch: She's not a witch. [She's amused with Hayley's ignorance.] She's one of "your" kind. A wolf. She ran off to the bayou.
"What does wolf want in witches business?" Asked Layla.
ST. ANNE'S CHURCH
Elijah: And who might this be?
Vincent: These are the ashes of a witch that lost his way and it might just be the key to helping us find ours. This thing, um, the Hollow its magic has a very unique signature. I felt it on this witch the other day when Marcel and I took him out, so if I can trace that energy back to its source...
"You can find rest of them." Said Kol.
Bella: You can find the rest of these fanatics. So this thing which haunts my niece, has it spoken to you?
Vincent: It's more like, um, a broadcast. And I was able to shut it out, but a lot of people have a harder time doing that.
"What if it comes after Elias, too." Said worried Freya.
"Or Pandora?" Said worried Davina.
Bella: Like your ex-husband?
Vincent: You know, there's a difference between what we project and what we have inside of our hearts, what we try to hide inside of our hearts, right? Now that thing, it took everything that's dark and twisted inside of me and it used it against me. It used it again my husband and it ended up taking everything that I've ever loved away from me.
"Yeah, that thing shouldn't be near us..." Said Bella. Klaus nodded.
Elijah: So, then, you have every reason to want to remove it from this earth.
Vincent: Yeah. But let's say that we run into that thing today, Elijah. It's gonna take everything that you want to keep buried, it's going to use that and make you do exactly what it wants you to do. And that's what makes you a liability to the very niece that we're both trying to protect.
Everyone is nervous.
Elijah Let's get to work.
THE ABATTOIR
Hope: Uncle Vince came to help me feel better. But I feel worse.
Everyone looks at Hope worried.
Klaus: I know. I know. But don't worry, because as we speak, your mother, your aunt Bella and your Uncle Elijah are working with Vincent to fix you up. So you just stay calm and they'll make everything all right.
Hope: Do you know what it is? The Hollow?
Klaus: No, sweetheart I don't.
Hope: It wants those other kids. I can feel them. I think it wants me, too.
Klaus: I am not gonna let anything take you. I promise you that. I'm going to keep you safe, always and forever.
Everyone smiles at father-daughter duo.
THE BAYOU AND THE ABATTOIR
[Hayley is on the phone with Klaus.]
Hayley: How is she?
Klaus: She's sleeping. Freya will be here soon to stir up one of her medicinal concoctions. Tell me you have answers.
Hayley: Marcel and I have a lead. A wolf who got caught up with the Hollow.
Klaus: A wolf involved in witch business?
Hayley: Crazy, I know. I want to ask her a few questions.
Klaus: Well, regardless of her excuses or your loyalties, I expect you to show this traitor the error of her ways.
Hayley:I'll handle it. [She ends the call.]
Hayley: She's not gonna want to talk to a vampire. I'll go.
"You can't go alone. It's dangerous." Said Elijah.
"I'll be fine." Said Hayley.
Marcel: The thing is, the last time I came across one of the Hollow's goons, the guy tried to kill me, so fair warning.
Hayley: Lara? My name's Hayley. I don't know if...
Lara: I know who you are. Hayley Marshall.
"Elijah and Hayley still haven't married?" Said annoyed Bella.
"No. They are dating for five year now and they are engaged, but they haven't married yet." Said Emma.
"Oh, come on! What are you waiting for?" Groaned Layla.
Lara: I know why you're here. You're here because of the children. I'm sorry. I am. They're as good as dead.
ST. JAMES INFIRMARY
Will: Weird time to have a drink, bud. Should be out looking for those kids.
Vincent: Yeah. I'm a little upside-down, Will. I got this, um, evil mojo just breathing down my back. And it's the same thing that took out my ex-husband then it took me out and now I think it's trying to take out my best friend and brother-in-law.
"So it's confirmed Vincent and Freya are married." Said Davina.
"I thought we already knew that." Said Layla.
Will: Was this your plan, Vince? Invite me here, confront me?
Vincent: Whatever this thing promised you, it's not gonna deliver.
Will: You're wrong. The Hollow rewards those who are loyal. Maybe if you did what it asked you to do, things might be different. For me. For Cami. For all of us.
"Don't use Cami!" Said Klaus angrily.
Vincent: Is that what it told you, Will?
Will: That's what it showed me, Vince. Look at this city! It's overrun with evil. And the only way to take it back is to do one little evil thing myself.
"Little evil? You are sacrificing children!" Yelled furious Davina. Kol patted her back to comfort her.
Vincent: This is not what you are! You can walk away from this. I can help you walk away from this.
Will: You can't help me. You can't even help yourself. Don't you see? You're in the middle of everything that's to come. Which is why they sent me here, Vince. For you.
"Nooo!!!" Yelled Freya.
[Will fires his gun at Vincent, though in a blink of an eye, Elijah is there, blocking Vincent.]
Freya sights out in relief.
"Thank you." Said Freya to Elijah. Elijah nodded.
[Elijah speeds towards Will and throws him over a counter.]
Elijah: That's quite the monster you got lurking in there. You want to see mine?
Bella, Klaus, Kol and Layla chuckle.
"Badass." Said Layla.
"Cool." Said Kol.
"Sassy." Said Bella
THE ABATTOIR
Klaus: I know you can hear me. I want you to listen. The heart which beats in your chest is a warrior's heart. The heart of a Mikaelson. Whatever hold this power has over you, it is nothing compared to your strength. Yours is a power greater than you know. Come on. Hope.
Everyone smiles at them, but are still worried for Hope.
Hope: Dad? I saw them. The other kids. They're so scared. Promise me if you ever see the blue lights, don't look at them.
ST. JAMES INFIRMARY
Vincent: All right, someone cast a spell to block his mind against your vampire tricks, all right? I can break that, Elijah, Bella, it's just gonna take me a little bit of time.
Bella: That's a luxury we don't have.
Vincent: Look, Bella, I'm not gonna let you torture him, all right? He's my friend and he's just as much of a victim as all those kids.
Elijah: You have five minutes.