Chapter 21

THE ABATTOIR
Elijah: He's spiraling. This energy feeds on anger, and our brother... as we know...
Bella: Has enough to set the world on fire.
"That's why you should have let me die!" Said Klaus.
"You aren't dying!" Said Elijah. Bella nodded.
Kol: How many times are we going to play this game? Right, calamity and doom approaches our brother, and then, all of a sudden, a trapdoor appears and, poof, he escapes. He's a cockroach that will outlive us all.
And we're immortal.
"Kol!" Said Bella and hit his head.
Bella: Kol Mikaelson! Watch how you talk about your brother! He is sacrificing himself for his daughter! Your niece! Show some damn respect! [Kol looks down.]
Ofscreen Kol has guilty expression, too.
THE ABATTOIR(Hope's room)
Freya: Your dad is strong, but that works against him here. The energy will feed off of that strength. He'll quickly go mad, and... it won't be long before he's unrecognizable and impossibly dangerous to all of us.
Hope: Okay. Well, how long does that take? Days?
Freya: More like... hours.
"Great. Do you have any other genious plans?" Said Klaus to Elijah, Bella and Freya.
Hope: So, today?
Freya: Yeah. [Hope exhales.]
Hope: All right. Then we're gonna have to pull the darkness out of him, divide it up again.
"I already said it won't work." Said Layla.
Freya: And then we end up where we started, with the family scattered to the corners of the world until something calls them back.
Hope: Well, then we keep him asleep, okay? He won't be angry when he's asleep. We'll just brick him up in the Head Garden. That'll at least slow it down.
"It won't be strong enought to hold Klaus." Said Kol.
Freya: I need you to hear me on this, Hope. There's not enough magic in the world to slow this down.
THE ABATTOIR(Cellar)
[Klaus hears whispering sounds.]
Mikael: Wake up, boy. [Whispering continues.]
Mikael: Wake... up. Now!
"Him again!" Groaned Klaus and Bella.
[Klaus gasps awake.]
Mikael: Put down by your own sister. You are a waste and yet another stain on my legacy.
"Can't he leave me alone, at least, when he is dead?" Complained Klaus.
"Technically, he isn't there. He is hallucination." Said Freya.
"Technically, i don't care." Said Klaus.
Klaus: Shut your damn mouth.
Cami: Don't, Klaus. He's just trying to bait you.
"What is she doing there?" Asked Klaus.
"She seems to be helping you, but why would hollow do that?" Asked confused Davina.
Klaus: Camille? What are you doing here?
Mikael: (chuckles) Could you be more... pathetic? Get on your feet, son! Find your daughter and show her how we dole out discipline in this family!
"Shut up!" Yelled Bella and Hayley.
"Don't talk about my daughter!" Yelled Klaus. Others glared at Mikael/Hollow.
Klaus: Don't talk about my daughter. [Klaus tries to attack Mikael, but he disappears and Klaus's chains break. Mikael reappears behind Klaus.]
Mikael: Perhaps you should have followed your first instincts. You should've murder that girl before she was ever born. She's the single reason for your feeble state. Come on, boy. The girl is right upstairs. kill her. Kill your daughter. It's the only way to make it right.
Klaus glared with Hybrid eyes.
"Fucking Arsehole." Said Bella.
[Klaus's eyes glow blue, but Cami appears in front of him and it goes back to normal.]
Cami: Don't listen to him, Klaus. You need to get out of here. Run. Just... run.
[Klaus speeds out.]
"I still don't understand why he sees Cami." Said Marcel.
"I think it's his brain's defence mechanism. Cami brings him back to reality and helps him overpower Hollow's infulence. When Hollow makes him feel rage and hate, Cami makes him feel peace and love. It's his mind's way to protect itself." Said Bella. Klaus smiles.
"Aww. That's so romantic." Said Layla.
THE ABATTOIR(Cellar)-Later
[Hope is standing in cellar and looking at chains Klaus broke out from.]
Marcel: So it's true.
Hope: We have to find him.
Marcel: It's Mardi Gras out there. The streets'll be packed to the rafters.
"Perfect place to hide. The crowd." Said Freya.
Hope: Well, he'll be the one foaming at the mouth and ranting.
Marcel: Yeah, exactly. Which is why I don't think it's such a good idea for you to be out there.
Hope: It's better than being fatherless.[Hope leaves.]
"Hope! Can't you just listen for once?" Said Hayley.
"Now you know how it feels." Smirked Bella.
"Really? Now?" Said Hayley.
"She will be okay. She is tribrid." Said Bella.
FRENCH QUARTER- STREET
[People are dancing and there is loud music and cheering. Marcel is chasing Hope.]
Marcel: Hey, Hope. Hope. Come on, Hope. We both know firsthand what he's up against. The voices, the rage.
Hope: He's in this mess because he's trying to save me. Just like always.
"Don't blame yourself for my choices." Said Klaus.
Marcel: Look, Bella put him down, he got back up. You put him down, the same thing's gonna happen.
Hope: Marcel, just go and let me have my last moments with my father. [Hope gives Marcel aneurism and disappears in crowd.]
Marcel: Hope!
THE ABATTOIR
Freya: It's as if he's everywhere and nowhere at the same time. There's death all around him.
Bella: I should've taken the power when I had the chance.
"You should have just let me kill Hollow!" Said Klaus.
"Nope." Said Bella.
Freya: I'll look for a spell to ease his pain.
Elijah: But first we have to find him.
Hayley: This isn't your fault, Elijah.
Elijah: All I have ever wanted was to silence my brother's shame and despair. If Niklaus destroys himself in a rampage of torment and bloodshed, we will... He can't die like this. I won't allow it.
"Elijah, aren't you bored by fighting for my redemption?" Said Klaus.
"Well, i succeded, didn't i?" Said Elijah.
Freya: He's in the Quarter. The dark magic is all around him.
FRENCH QUARTER-STREET
[Hollow/Mikael and Klaus are fighting. Klaus snaps Mikael's neck and sees there is nothing there.]
Hope: Dad. Come on. Let's go home. [Hope gives him her hand and Klaus is about to take it, when Mikael appears behind him.]
"Oh, come on!" Groaned Bella. Hayley looks at Hope worried.
Mikael: kill her. Do it, boy. Kill your daughter. It's the only way to make it right. [Klaus's eyes glow blue again, but he sees Cami show up behind Hope's shoulder.]
"She can't stop herself from helping me, even in death." Smiled Klaus.
Cami: I know your heart, Klaus. You're so much better than this. [Klaus's eyes turn normal. Suddenly, Elijah snaps his neck.]
THE ABATTOIR
[Klaus gasps awake. Bella is sitting near him.]
Klaus: What have you done?
Bella: What I've always done. I protected my family.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" Said Klaus and Kol, who has suspicion what she might have done.
Klaus: What do you mean by that?!
Bella: I took Hollow out of you and put it in me.
"No!" Yelled Klaus and Kol. Others froze in shock. Emma took shaky breath.
Klaus: (yelled) Put it back!!
Bella: No! I already made Elijah, Davina, Marcel, Vincent and Freya understand they can't make me put it back.
"I wouldn't let her!" Said Kol.
"You didn't know. None did except the people she named. Don't be angry at Davina, Bella made her promise." Said Emma.
"She has sireline. If she dies, so will Layla and Marcel. She can't do that!" Said Davina.
"Not anymore." Said Emma.
"I broke the sireline?" Asked Bella. Emma looked at Bella with sorrow and sadness.
Klaus: You have sireline...
Bella: (interrupts) I already broke sireline with Davina and Freya's help. [Klaus opens his mouth to speak, but Bella doesn't let him.]
Bella: Nik, your daughter needs you. I won't let you leave her! I won't let you leave her fatherless! I won't let you waste your chance at happiness! I won't let you die after you found piece!
"What about you?! What about you?!" Shouted Klaus.
"We both now between me and you, I will always choose you, Nik." Said Bella.
"No. No. You can't die! You promised!" Said Klaus.
"So did you, but you were gonna die. What's the difference?" Said Bella.
"Because it's you!" Yelled Kol, not letting Klaus speak.
"You can't die. You are the glue. You can't fucking die! You didn't gave that promise to only Klaus, you promised me that, too. You promised you wouldn't leave." Said Kol.
"And i wouldn't be leaving. I might die, but i'll still be with you in your heart and memories. I'll still watch over you and see your sadness and happiness from otherside. I won't be really leaving." Said Bella.
"It doesn't matter! It doesn't fucking matter! We won't see you! I'll never be able to see you! I'll have to live immortality without you. I can't come to you for advice or to watch movies or... I .." cried Layla. Bella vamp-speed to Layla and hug her.
"Mom, please." Cried Layla.
"Shhh... Emma brought us here to change it, so we will. We have years to find a way to defeat Hollow. We can trap her in book or kill her with Hope's blood. We can defeat her before she gets stronger. No one will have to die, okay?" Said Bella.
"You promise?" Asked Layla with so much voulanaribility in her eyes, Bella felt her heart broke.
"I promise, firefly. I promise." Said Bella and kissed her head. Layla didn't let her go, so Bella set next to her.
Klaus: And you think i will let you?! You have girlfriend. You have chance of happiness and piece, too. And what about your daughter?!
Bella: My daughter is grown woman. She doesn't need me, but yours do.
"I will always need you, mom." Said Layla. Bella smiled at her.
Klaus: I don't want to hear this! You are putting it back! Layla...
Bella: Can't make me put it back. It's my final decision, Nik.
Klaus: Bella, you won't...
Bella: (sighs) Niklaus, With few herbs i cleared my head from hollow's influence for few hours. Don't make me waste thoes hours in fight. Let me have this final goodbye.
"Stop interrupting me and bloody listen! Damn it!" Said frustrated Klaus. Bella sent him sad look.
Klaus: You can't die! You can't leave Layla!... You can't leave me! [Bella smiles at him sadly.]
Bella: You won't be alone, you know? You have so many people. Elijah, Freya, Hope, Pandora, Elias, Hayley, even Kol even through he won't admit it. You aren't alone.
Klaus: But you won't be there.
"Sorry, Nik." Said Bella.
"You better not die on me, Bellatrix!" Said Klaus.
"I'll try not to." Said Bella.
Bella: You can't have everything.
Klaus: Everyone has betrayed me, but not you. You have always stood by my side, even the times Elijah didn't. You always understand why i do what i do and share the same believes. Even after we had our first big fight after me and Elijah daggered Kol, you sent me birthday gifts every year and i saw you in New Orleans streets few times.
"You did?" Said surprised Bella.
"You aren't as subtle as you think." Said Klaus.
Klaus: Even when you were mad at me, you were still there! You didn't like i daggered Kol, but you understood why i did it.
Klaus tears up, so does Bella. Kol scrowls.
Klaus: You are the one who helps me come up with my plans and make them come true. You are the one who is always there no matter what. You were the one who didn't believe when i said i threw our family in ocean, because you know me. You know me better than anyone. You are the only one who never stood against me or doubted me. You aren't the only one who i have on my side, but you are the only one who understands! I... i... i need you! I hate it, but i need you!
Bella and Klaus are silently crying. Everyone else is either crying or on verge of crying, too.
[Bella is crying while listening Klaus's speech, so is Klaus.]
Klaus: I can't let you do that, because i'm your big brother. Sorry, i wasn't better at it unitl now, but i can change it now. Give me back hollow and i will kill it. Put it back and you will be okay, so will Hope, everyone will be okay. No one has to die...
"Listen to me." Pleaded Klaus.
Bella: Except you. I can't let you die either, Nik. I might be younger, but i'll protect you.
"You already did protecting. Let me do it now." Said Klaus.
"So did you. And i thought we agreed neither of us will die." Said Bella.
Bella: Yeah, you aren't perfect, but neither am i... [Bella moves closer to Klaus.]
Bella: Maybe we could feel we were different from others, but we have always had special bond, even as kids. You aren't just my brother, Nik. You are my best friend, my soulmate, my another half, my first friend, my partner in crime, my person.
Everyone looks at siblings with pity. Kol looks jaelous.
Bella: We have always been each others safe place. You weren't the only one who got good parts of this relationship, even if it seems like it to others. You being there helped me more than you think. You don't know how much it helped that I always knew no matter what happened and what i would do, you would always have my back; I always knew i can tell you anything and you won't judge me like i wouldn't do with you; i always knew you would love me even in the days i didn't love myself and yes, you might not say it, but i could always feel it.
Klaus and Bella looked at each other, not even caring others would see them crying anymore.
Bella: You were the one who taught me to close my eyes and sing, so i wouldn't have to hear or watch what Mikael did to you. You were the reason i started singing and creating music. You were the one who i sang my first song to and got the support i needed. You were the one who gave me push i needed to become an artist;
Bella smiled.
Bella: You were the one who conviced me that i wasn't monster; you were the one who i told first about my sexuality and i still remember what you said that day- "Bloody hell! My work doubled. Now i have to keep both boys and girls away!" [Klaus and Bella chuckle. Their eyes are filled with tears.]
Everyone chuckled.
"That's a such Klaus answer." Said Hayley, her voice hoarce from crying.
Bella: It was such a relief to hear no judgment in your voice; You were the who conviced me i wasn't abomination. You could say we are each others unpaid therapist. Wait... That's not true. We paid with our sanity. [Bella chuckled at her own joke.]
"Now isn't time for jokes." Said Klaus.
"Now is exactly time for jokes." Said Bella.
Bella: What i am trying to say is that. You aren't bad big brother, Nik. You have always been my biggest supporter and protector. Yeah, sometimes you went too far with your protectivness like killing some of my friends, which wasn't right and supportive at all, but you had good intention, you didn't do it to hurt me. With parents like ours it's understandable you didn't know how to show love healthy way, but now you know thing or two. With Hope's help you grew up and you keep growing.
Elijah nodded at that. He, like others, has his face wet from tears.
Bella: She did what me and Elijah could never do, she helped you find the kindness you buried in yourself. Mikael made you think kindness is weakness, but it isn't. You have never been weak, Nik. Never. You were always strong and brave.
"Brave." Scoffed Klaus.
"It's true. You were brave. Mikael broke painbrush on you when he found out about you painting, but you didn't stop. You followed your passion despite your fear. It's very brave. Excpecially from a child." Said Bella.
"Bella is right, Niklaus." Said Elijah.
"I'm always right." Smirked Bella.
Bella: You were the who taught me how to be strong and brave. Please, always remember that i love you, probably much more than you think. I want you to remember you are loved, Nik, not only by me, but everyone in this family. Despite our fights we all love you and i want you to remember that because i won't be there to remind you.
Klaus: (crying) Don't do it...
Bella: I might not be with you physically, but i'll still be with you always and forever. I will watch over you from the other side.
"That's not enought. You won't die this time." Said Elijah.
"Naah. I'm too young for death. Yet i'm like what? Thousand years?" Joked Bella.
Klaus: Why do you have to be so damn stubborn?!
"Got it from my elder brothers." Said Bella and winked at Klaus and Elijah.
Bella: You would do the same in my place. If you could save me, you would do the same and you know it. You can't stop me, Nik. You have to accept it.
Klaus sights at her.
[Bella hugs Klaus, Klaus hugs back.]
Bella: Live happy life, okay? I know it will be hard for you, but i want you to try. Please.
Klaus: I'll try.
Bella: And Nik, please look after Layla and Kol, too.
Kol and Layla smiled.
Bella: And Emma. She has no one except me. Please, check up on her time to time.
Emma smiles at Bella.
Klaus: I will. I promise. [Marcel enters.]
Marcel: Oh. I'll come back later.
Bella: No, stay. Thank you, Nik. Go see children, they have been waiting for you to wake up! [Klaus leaves. Marcel stays.]
Bella: So i'm saying goodbyes...
Marcel: And you have one for me?
Bella: Well, you are my nephew, aren't you? [Marcel sits next to her.]
Bella: We have... complicated relationship. [Marcel snorts.]
"That's one way to say it." Said Layla.
Marcel: You could say that.
Bella: Both of us had fault in that. Your death... I understand why you did it, but i couldn't forgive it. It's time to let go of that. I think have already did long time ago, i just didn't want to admit it.
Marcel: You did?
Bella: You are a Mikaelson, Marcellus. I know you doubt it sometimes, but you are. Trust me, if anyone knows how hard dealing with Nik is, it's me, but he loves you. You haven't seen how devastated he was when you 'died'. I don't say it to guilt you. No. I say it, because i want you to understand how much Nik loves you. You are his son. You have been from that day he saved you. He made mistakes with you. But he didn't do it to hurt you, he did it because he didn't know better.
Klaus looked down.
Bella: When you aren't fed love on silver spoon, you learn to like it off the knives and then you don't know how to share it. Nik was never shown how to love. People who were supposed to love and protect him were the ones he needed protection from. So yes, he didn't know how to be a father. He was controlling and jaelous and that's what made you run. And when he was gone, you regretted and waited for him to return, didn't you? [Marcel nodded.]
Bella: Yes, because you love him just as much as he loves you. That's why the ritual worked. They say first child is the one who gets traumatised the most, because they are the first try at parenting. Parents not just raise them, but also grow with them and learn how to be parents. Nik learnt his lesson. Give him a chance.
Marcel nodded.
Marcel: I will.
Bella: Take care of your sister, too. My death will hurt her a lot.
Marcel: Of course i will.
Layla smiles.
Bella: Remember, when i taught you sword fighting? Or when I brought you in theatres and operas? You loved them. [Marcel smiled.]
Bella: I would read you the stories before sleep. Remember that awkward time when you had crush on me? [Marcel laughed.]
Marcel: Yes, i do. I was an idiot.
"That you were." Chuckled Bella.
Bella: (smiled) You were. With this i'm trying to say is that... You weren't only Nik's child. You were just as much my child. I watched how you grew up. I helped him raise you, so how can i not love you? I watched how you turned from that boy to a man-A vampire king with loyal followers. It's not easy to gain loyalty and respect, but you did it. You erned whole Vampire community's respect and that's something you should be proud of. I am. I am proud of you. [Tear rolls down Marcel's cheek. Bella wipes it.]
Bella: I love you, Marcellus. You deserve good life. Live your immortal life fullest and enjoy every moment of it, because time is never enough, even for immortals.
"That's a good advice." Sniffled Davina.
Marcel: Thank you. [Bella hugs him.]
Marcel: I love you, too. [Bella kisses his head.]