Chapter 17

CHAMBRE DE CHASSE (The abattoir)
Klaus: Who's there? Show yourself!
Hayley: Oh, Klaus. Always so dramatic.
"Agreed." Said Bella and Layla.
Klaus: Hayley. Are you okay?
Hayley: If we don't caunt the fact i was kidnapped by my own daughter.
Marcel: What do you mean? What did Hope do?
Klaus: Oh, you don't know? My dear daughter decided to start her career as a kidnapper.
Bella chuckled.
"It's not funny!" Said Hayley.
"Sorry." Said Bella.
[Elijah falls from nowhere. He looks confused and scared.]
Elijah: What.. What's happening? [Klaus, Marcel and Hayley share a look.]
Elijah: What the hell am i doing here? What is this place?
Klaus: We're not actually here together. It's called a Chambre de Chasse. It's a magical mental prison designed to resemble our home. But don't worry. There's always a way out... A game or a riddle.
Elijah: How do we solve this riddle?
Marcel: I think i know that. There is seals on door. We need four keys.
THE ABATTOIR
[Freya and Bella are hugging.]
Bella: How are you?
Freya: As good as i can be in this situation.
Emma: Hello, i'm Emma. [Emma reaches her hand out, Freya shakes it.]
Freya: The woman who managed to capture my sister's heart. I have heard many thing about you.
Emma: You did? [Bella interrups them.]
"I know you did that so your big sister wouldn't embarass you in front of me." Said Emma to Bella.
Bella: Kol and Davina are still in New York?
Freya: They came back yesterday.
Bella: Are there any news? Any trails?
Freya: No. Every witch in quarter, including me are trying to find them. No locator spell works.
Bella: (sights) How is Hope handling it?
Freya: Terrible. She doesn't come out of her room. I tried to sent her back to school, but it didn't work.
"Of course it didn't. She left the school for her diabolical plan." Said Marcel.
Bella: I'll go ask around.
Freya: I already tried. No one says anything.
Bella: Yet. My methods of questioning are more effective. I'll have our brother and Hayley back soon.
Freya: Be careful.
Bella: I always am.
Emma: I wish it happened in better circumstances, but it was still nice to meet you.
Freya: It was nice to meet you, too, Emma. [Emma and Bella leave.]
CHAMBRE DE CHASSE
Elijah: Why me? I don't understand. [Marcel, Hayley and Klaus share a look.]
Elijah: Can you stop doing that?! What i am doing here?
Klaus: ... Your actual name is Elijah Mikaelson. You are my brother and uncle of the girl who put us here.
Elijah: You... That's why you came to me. [Klaus nodded and Elijah turned to Hayley.]
Elijah: Old Elijah knew you too, didn't he?
Klaus: (to Hayley) You visited him?
Hayley: Once.
Elijah smiled.
Manosque, France- Flashback
Elijah: Merci beaucoup. Cristal, please. Okay, I'm gonna make a guess here. You're either broke or you're a terrible drunk.
Hayley: Excuse me?
Elijah: You've been nursing that drink for over an hour.
"That's how you talk to strangers?" Said Bella.
Hayley: Well, maybe there are some things that neither money nor alcohol can solve. Do you ever have an ex you just can't seem to get out of your system?
"Aww." Said Layla.
Elijah: Can I recommend something a little stronger than Bordeaux?
Hayley: Oh, I'm... I'm fine. But thank you.
Elijah: I'm Elijah.
Hayely: Andrea.
Elijah: It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Andrea. So, what have you seen of Manosque so far?
Hayley: Mm, pretty much just see inside of this wineglass.
Elijah: Yeah, it's not Paris, but uh... I love this place, you know. I'm not sure it's the ideal location for the "how to forget your ex" tour, but...
Hayley: To be honest, I... closed my eyes, picked a place on the map, and booked a flight. I actually only landed a few hours ago. You're the first person that I've spoken to. Oh, besides the concierge at uh, Hotel Saint Louis.
Elijah: Otto. Notorious flirt.
Hayley: He's not shy.
Elijah: Mm-mm, not shy.
[Elijah looks up at the clock.]
Elijah: There is an art show in town. You can swing by if you want, it's um... If you felt like escaping Otto for a few hours.
"Aww. Are you asking her out?" Teased Freya.
Hayley: Oh, that's... that's very sweet of you to offer, but I uh... I should probably stay here and do whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing here.
Elijah: Well, if you change your mind, uh, it's just up the street.
CHAMBRE DE CHASSE-Present
Elijah: So why did your daughter kidnappe us?
Hayley: I- i don't know. [Elijah and Hayley stare at each other. Klaus interrups their moments.]
Klaus: Split up. We need to turn this place upside down.
"Way to ruin the moment." Said Bella.
"We have bigger problems." Said Klaus.
Klaus: I don't know why Hope did this, but she needs our help. We can't be stuck here.
STREET
Emma: Now, what are humans gonna do that the other factions can't?
Bella: They have the numbers. I need eyes everywhere. Whoever did this can't hide from me.
Emma: Where are we going to now?
Bella: First wolves, then Vampires and then witches. You didn't think i would rely on humans, did you? I'll look for them myself. Humans will help. [Bella stops walking when she sees Hope walking toward her and Emma.]
Bella: Hope?
Hope: Sorry, Aunt B. [Bella looks confused.]
Hope: Phasmatos Somnum. [Bella and Emma fall on the ground.]
"It hurted, you know?" Complained Emma.
CHAMBRE DE CHASSE (The Abattoir Courtyard)
Hayley: Klaus, I think we've established that there's no key in the crest.
Klaus: The thing was a relic anyway.
Klaus: Kol!
Marcel: Davina!
Kol: Damn it! We got to go now.
Hayely: Hey! What game is Hope playing?
Davina: Ivy was telling Vincent and me all about the latest prophecy when a hurricane showed up off the coast out of nowhere.
Kol: We went to go find you. Hope, Pandora and Elias were at St. Anne's. She had Bella's girlfriend, Klaus, Bella, Marcel and Elijah's bodies laid out on the floor. She's gathering up all of you to take back the power that's been split up inside of you.
Klaus: She can't do that. It'll destroy her. That was the whole point.
"Exactly!" Said Klaus.
Marcel: Why Bella's girlfriend?
Kol: Probably got in her way. She threw us in here when we tried to stop them.
Davina: We can't leave until you find your keys. They should be in somewhere meaningful. [Klaus gaze falls on chessboard on table. He seems to have an idea and vampspeeds to table. He turns chessboard and sees key on the back of it.]
Klaus: I got the key!
Hayley: How?
Klaus: I taugh her how to play chess and she fell in love with game. Even now with distance we play it, at least, once a week.
"Of course she loves chess. Someone who comes up something like that can not not love chess." Said Bella.
CHAMBRE DE CHASSE (Hayley's room)
[Hayley opened the book and Key fell out.]
CHAMBER DE CHASSE(The courtyard)
[Everyone is gathered in courtyard.]
"I understand why Marcel, Elijah and Nik, but why Hayley? Or why am i not there?" Asked Bella.
"She put Elijah and Marcel there so Pandora and Elias would bring them without problems. You aren't there, because you are siphoner and you could destroy that place and she put Hayley and Klaus there to help out Elijah. Then she sent in Davina and Kol to get them out of her way." Explained Emma.
"She could just make them unconscious, too." Said Layla.
"She could, but she had enought time to finish spell and just sent them in." Said Emma.
Marcel: We have left my and Elijah's keys to find. [Suddenly, blue power emerges from Elijah, Klaus and Marcel. Hayley, Kol and Davina look at them horrified.]
"No" Said Hayley.
Kol: Hope's taking the power from you. There's no stopping it.
Davina: It's too late.
"Damn it!" Said Klaus.
THE ABATTOIR
[Bella wakes up and sees Hope unconscious. She looks around confused.]
Pandora: Hope took the Hollow out of all of you and put it in herself. [Elias woke Emma up.]
Elias: Others will be back soon.
Bella: We will talk about this later! [Bella goes to Emma.]
Bella: (softly) Hey, Are you okay?
Bella and Emma smiled.
Emma: What happened?
Bella: I'm not sure. (Sights) I'm sorry for involving you in my family drama.
Emma: It's not your fault. Thro, i would like to know why your niece knocked us out.
CHAMBRE DE CHASSE (The Abattoir Interior)
Elijah: How am i supposed to find the key. I don't even remember her.
[Elijah turns to Klaus.]
Elijah: What was my relationship like with your daughter?
Klaus: The day she was born, you gave her this.
Flashback
Klaus: She needs a name, Hayley.
Hayley: Zoe? Caitlin? Katherine?
Klaus: God, no.
People chuckle despite the tension.
Hayley: I never knew I could love something so much. It honestly feels... awful. Like it might kill me.
Klaus: It nearly did. I'm sorry the beginning of her life was so violent.
Hayley: It's not your fault, Klaus. I know that you fought for us.
Klaus: You know, when Elijah thought you were dead, he said we'd lost our family's only hope.
Hayley: "Hope." Hope Mikaelson.
Klaus: Hope Kolina Mikaelson.
[End Flashback]
"I still can't believe you named her after me." Said Kol.
"Bella can be convicing." Said Klaus.
"I didn't have to convice him. He agreed instantly. He's just playing." Said Bella. Kol smirked at Klaus.
Klaus: You gave her her name.
CHAMBRE DE CHASSE (The Abattoir Hope's room and Courtyard)
[Marcel sees soldier toy he gifted to Hope on her sixth birthday. He breaks it and key falls out.]
Marcel: Oh... Great.
"Finally! I took my time." Said Marcel.
CHAMBRE DE CHASSE (In the Courtyard)
Hayley: I found Elijah's key! [Everyone gathers in room. There is big thunders' noises.]
Elijah: How did you find it?
Hayley: Well, first Klaus found the key under the chessboard. Her favourite past time with him. Then i found it in storybook i used to read her when she was little, then Marcel found it in soldier toy he gifted Hope and they often palyed with it... Then i thought what she loved to do with you? Playing piano. You taught her how to play. I looked under the piano and here it is.
"Smart." Said Layla.
Klaus: Come on, let's be done with this!
ELIJAH'S SUBCONSCIOUS
Kol: Oh, bloody hell! Now we are in Elijah's mental maze!
"No" said Elijah.
"It will be okay." Assured Bella.
Elijah: What is this, Hope's revenge? Imprison me till I reclaim all of my memories?
Kol: Well, as much as I love a cherry on top of a scheme... I have somewhere else to be. [Kol, Davina and Marcel awaken from the Chambre de Chasse.]
Hayley: Klaus, we can't just leave him here.
Klaus: It's just a door, Elijah! Open it! Go on, Hayley. We'll be right behind you, both of us.
Hayley: No, i'm staying. I don't know who he'll be on the other side of that door, but I know that he can't open it alone. He needs me.
Elijah smiled at her.
Klaus: He won't be alone.
Now Elijah smiled at Klaus.
Hayley: I'm not leaving. [Klaus, Hayley and Elijah stand together facing the red door.]
ST. ANNE'S CHURCH
[Elijah, Hayley and Klaus go through the red door, together and Elijah regains his memories.]
Elijah looked down in shame. Klaus and Freya touched his arms in support.
THE ABATTOIR
[Davina, Vincent and Freya are talking.]
Davina: I can't believe Hope did this and Pandora and Elias helped her with it.
Freya: Oh, they are right on time. My teenage temper tantrum's involved birds falling out of the sky and entire villages burning. So... Family tradition.
"I suppose i should be greatful she didn't burn village." Said Hayley.
[Klaus walks in.]
Vincent: Hope is fine. No fevers, no magical outbursts.
Klaus: Yeah, I just looked in on her. She's practically comatose.
Freya: She's asleep. She deserves the rest after the day she had.
Downstairs
[Hayley is sitting on couch staring into fire. Bella walks up to her.]
Bella: Let me guess, Elijah?
Hayley: Things between us are complicated.
"You are the ones complicating it. Just marry already!" Said Bella.
Bella: Well, that's a word often used to describe my brother. But his feelings for you are quite simple. He adores you, Hayley. [Bella looks at fire.]
Bella: You know what we are. We're, all of us, monsters. We've committed countless atrocities over the years. But Elijah... has only ever done those things for family. And that is why he's the very best of us. He always has been.
Elijah looked at Bella surprised.
Hayley: I know that. And I know the sacrifices he's made for me, for this family.
Bella: He's saved us all at various times.
Hayley: I saw things, Bella, in his mind. Not just memories. I saw... his impulse, his natural instincts, and... I think maybe that's who he really is at his core.
Elijah lookes downed at his hands.
"She isn't right about that. In core you are good, but like rest of us, life changed you." Said Bella.
Bella: And that scared you? You're afraid that Hope will see that side of him?
Hayley: I worry that she'll see that I'm... okay with it.
Bella: Hope isn't a baby anymore. She knows about us, our past and she is dealing with it pretty good.
Hayley: I don't want to teach her that. This week she kidnapped her whole family.
"To help them." Said Bella and Layla together.
Bella: To help them. She missed us, Hayley. She wants her whole family to be together again and she sacrificed herself for it. She didn't actually harm anyone. You should be proud of her. [Bella turns to Hayley.]
Bella: You know she won't have problem with you dating Elijah, right?
Hayley: She had problem with Declan.
"Who is Declan?" Asked Bella.
"Hayley's ex situationship." Answered Emma.
Bella: She told me she didn't like him, because she felt like Declan was trying too much. He was trying to replace her father and she didn't like it. She wouldn't have problem with Elijah. She loves him. I mean she didn't have problem with five years you were dating Elijah, from which 2 years you were engaged. Opposite, she helped Elijah ask your hand, so why would she have one know? [Hayley looks hesistant.]
Bella: Oh, for god's sake. I have watched you and Eijah pin over each other for years. You and Elijah are desperatly in love with each other, so why are you making yourselves miserable? Go get your man and get those sad looks off your faces. And for god's sake. Get married already! Up! Up! [Bella pushes Hayley up. Hayley chuckles at her.]
"You two were engaged?!" Said Kol.
"They were." Confirmed Emma.
"Didn't Emma already say that? And I'm sure i pushed them back then, too. I'm so awesome." Said Bella.
HOPE'S ROOM
[Hope is painting. Hayley is standing behind her.]
Hayley: How are you, sweety? Do you feel anything different?
Hope: I'm fine, mom. [Hope turns around.]
Hope: I really am. Our familly is finally back to together. I haven't been better.
Mikaelsons smile at Hope.
[Hayley smiled at her. Then she looked away nervously. Hope looked at her confused.]
Hope: Mom, do you want to tell me something?
Hayley: I... I do, actually.
Hope: (worried) What is it?
Hayley: Would you... Would you mind if me and Elijah got back together? [Hope looks at her excited and happy.]
"Ahh... Fellow Haylijah shipper. She looks so happy." Said Layla.
Hope: Of course not. You and Uncle Elijah are back together?!
Hayley: ... umm... not yet. I wanted to know what you think first... [Hope looks at Hayley seriously.]
Hope: Mom, i would be happy if you got back together. You two love each other. Do you know how i found out where uncle Elijah was? [Hayley shook her head.]
Hope: I knew you kept track of him. You always have smile on your face when you are talking about him and you two can't stop staring at each other. I'm not blind. Even when he didn't remember you, you loved him and you would always stare at the ring longingly. Yes, i know you have ring under your shirt as a necklace.
"She is so smart. She takes after her aunt." Saod Bella.
"Thank you, sister. She does." Said Freya with teasing smirk. Other laughed.
"I meant me- her best aunt." Said Bella.
"Best aunt or yourself?" Said Klaus. Others laughed.
"You are all dicks!" Glared Bella. People laughed louder.
[Hayley looks surprised first, then smiles softly.]
Hayley: You never miss a thing, do you?
Hope: Nope. I'm happy for you, mom. I really am. You deserve happiness and so does he. That's why i did this. So we would be all happy like we were before Hollow.
ELIJAH'S ROOM
[Hayley knocks. Elijah opens door.]
Hayley: Hi.
Elijah: Hi.
Hayley: May i come in?
Elijah: Of course. [Elijah lets Hayley in.]
Hayley: Elijah, i want to tell you something and please don't interrupt. [Elijah nods. He looks nervous.]
Hayley: Elijah, I-- i have seen your worst and best side. We have went throught so many things. And there has been times i really wished i didn't love you, but i do. No matter how much i try to run from my feelings, i can't do it. Since the first day we met... There was something about you... I can't explain. Even when i was married i could get you out of my mind and i felt so guilty about it. It has always been you Elijah. Always. [Elijah is about to say something, but Hayley stops him.]
Hayley: That eight years we had to be away was torture. I tried everything. I tried to date others, get new hobby, concentrate on Hope, pack and city, but no matter how much i tried to, i couldn't get you out of my heart. I'm in love with you, Elijah Mikaelson and i'm so tired of running from it. [Hayley kisses shocked Elijah.]
"Wooohooo!" Cheered Layla.
Elijah: You are the most amazing, wonderful, brilliant woman and i don't deserve you. But i love you, i always did and i always will. Always and forever.
Hayley: Always and forever. [They kiss again.]
Hayley: Will you marry me?
"Huh?" Said Hayley.
Elijah: ... What???..
Hayley: Before Hollow... Next month... We were planning wedding. And i thought we would continue where we stopped.
Elijah: But now? Hollow...
Hayley: In this family there is always one problem after another. So... we can't let that get in our way. Not anymore. With your sister's persuation i realised that... i want to spent my life with you. I'm ready, are you?
Elijah: Yes, yes. Of course.
"Finaaaaaaaly!!!!!!" Yelled Bella.
"I was already losing hope i would see this day. But it happened. It happened!" Said Layla dramatically. Elijah and Hayley didn't even heard them. They were too lost in each others eyes.
[Hayley and Elijah kiss again.]
Elijah: Let's get married tommorow.
Hayley: How are we gonna...
Elijah: I'm sure Bella already has plan.
"Oh, i definetly would." Said Bella.
Hayley: (chuckles) She definetly does.