Chapter 11

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY
Vincent: I've been spending the past couple of days trying to figure out a way to lock the Hollow up for good.
Elijah: And do you have any answers?
Vincent: Yes. And no. I used the book to put myself into a trance.
Bella: Which book are you talking about?
Marcel: The book he found. Contains the secrets of the Hollow's magic. Written... in his handwriting.
Klaus: Ah. Well, you can see how no part of this filled me with a modicum of confidence.
Freya: Klaus, He is trying to help! You could show him more respect!
"Aww. Look how she is protecting her husband." Said Layla.
Vincent: Acolytes took the book. I need that back. There might be something to help!
Klaus: The acolytes took the book. I have a library full of grimoires. Take your pick!
"That's not... Forget it." Said Layla.
Vincent: Klaus, I don't need your library. That book is special. That book represents an extension of the Hollow's power into this world, all right? It is just as eternal as she is. And I'm telling you right now, if I tweak that spell in just the right way, I can lock her in the book and put the Hollow down for good.
Elijah: So where is it now?
Vincent: It's still with the acolytes. I used this page from the book to track them to the place where she was reborn. That's where you'll find them.
THE ABATTOIR
Bella: What are you doing?
The Hollow/Hope: I can't be strong for my mommy and daddy if I can't do magic.
Bella: Hope, you don't have to protect them. We're all here to protect you. Now, let's get your bracelet... [Bella's eyes widen in shock and horror.]
"I think i sensed Hollow." Said Bella.
"Good." Said Klaus.
The Hollow/Hope: No... Aunt Bella, are you okay?
Bella: Yes, Listen sweetheart, in a thousand years, our family has never been bested. There's nothing that can defeat us. [Bella turns around and we see her horrified expression as she leaves the room.]
The Hollow/Hope: Well, there is one thing.
THE ABATTOIR
Bella: Hayley! HAYLEY!
Hayley: What is it?
Bella: I need to talk to you. Now! [They go in Freya's office. They see Vincent and Freya making out on table.]
Mikaelson men make disgusted looks.
Bella: Eww. [Vincent and Freya jump apart.]
Freya: Have you heard of knocking?
Layla chuckles.
Bella: Hollow is possesing Hope.
Everyone is nervous.
Freya&Vincent: What?
Hayley: (whispering) No.
Bella: I can feel magic. I know what i felt. That was Hollow's magic.
Freya: That could be...
Hayley: (worried) Freya, I think she is right. That night the Hollow had me. She could've killed me, but she didn't. She just took my blood and left. Why?
Freya: Well, blood can be used for a number of reasons. Locator spells, healing spells, linking s...
Bella: Linking spell. She didn't link herself to Hayley.
"My blood was supposed to kill her." Said Hayley with teary eyes. Bella placed her hand on Klaus's shoulder.
"She will be okay, Nik. I promise. We will save her." Said Bella. Klaus nodded, but still looks worried.
Hayley: Labonair blood was supposed to kill her.
Vincent: Unless she tapped into your bloodline deliberately, found a way to overcome the power and turned it into a strength.
Bella: She knows that we wouldn't hurt Hope.
Everyone looks stressed.
"This can be changed, right? It's future." Said Hayley.
"Of course it can. That's the reason you are watching this. To change future." Said Emma.
Freya: What do we do?
ABANDONED HOUSE, NINTH WARD
Acolytes: Pouvwa Domini nostri. Pouvwa Domini nostri. Pouvwa Domini nostri.
Layla: Sorry to break up your little prayer circle. We've come for that book.
Klaus: And to kill the lot of you.
Lead Acolyte: Even if you succeed in taking the book... you will stop nothing. The spell has already begun.
Everyone is worried.
Enzo: Well, that is unfortunate.
Lead Acolyte: Wait! You've no idea the gravity of your situation, do you?
Klaus: Well, by all means, spend the last few moments of your life illuminating things for us.
Lead Acolyte: The Hollow has shed her flesh to take on that of another.
Klaus: Yes, yes, yes, and we'll kill that body as well, and on and on until she gets the hint.
"Not this body." Said Marcel sadly.
Lead Acolyte: Oh, you won't dare kill the body she's taken. Even now she's locking herself within the greatest witch this world may ever know. And in a lovely touch of irony, it's someone you would rather die than allow to be harmed.
Everyone glares at acolytes.
THE ABATTOIR
Hayley: I don't care how long it takes or what I have to do, I will get my daughter back.
The Hollow/Hope: You won't. Hope is still fighting, but she'll give in soon.
"She won't. She is a warrior. She won't give up." Said Bella.
"She is a child." Said Klaus.
"She will be okay." Said Bella, but seemed like even she wasn't sure.
The Hollow/Hope: Once this is complete, I'll be in her body permanently. You won't hurt me. I'm your daughter. You can't.
Freya: Inadu.
Hayley: How long do we have?
Bella: She's not going to be happy when she breaks through that sleep spell. Which means we need to work fast.
THE ABATTOIR
Hayley: Hope's still out. You think this'll work?
Freya: The pendant was built to hold a person of Mikaelson blood. So it will hold Hope. I did my best to repair it.
The Hollow/Hope: Valiant effort... but Hope belongs to me.
"I will kill her. I don't know how, but i will kill her." Said Klaus.
"We will, brother. We will." Said Elijah and patted his shoulder.
Bella: You aren't getting my niece!
Hayley: Over my dead body.
The Hollow/Hope: So be it.
LAFAYETTE CEMETERY
Marcel: Okay, watch your step.
Enzo: Did you kill all these?
Marcel: Yeah. Aria helped.
Aria: They were loyal to the Hollow. They got what they deserved.
Klaus: My sentiments exactly. That monstrosity has its claws into my daughter.
Aria: There's something you need to know. It's about the Hollow. That thing took control of my body, just as it's done to your daughter. While she had me, all I wanted to do was give up, just drift into darkness and be gone forever. But I knew if I did she would have taken me over for good. You can't let that happen to Hope. She may be strong, but she's still a child. You have to reach her, or all of this is for nothing.
Everyone looks more worried if it's possible.
THE ABATTOIR
Hayley: Hope will fight you.
The Hollow/Hope: I can feel her love for you. It's a shame it's not enough.
Everyone glares at Hollow.
"Vincent couldn't find spell to defeat Hollow, because only her mother knows spell and he can't contact ancestors, but Bella came up with idea to siphon her and put her in book." Said Emma.
"That's dangerous." Said Klaus.
"Only way to help Hope." Said Bella.
HOPE'S SUBCONSCIOUS
Klaus: Hope?
Hope: I'm here.
"It's Hope's subconscious?" Asked Freya.
"Yes, you sent him there to help Hope." Said Emma.
Hope: The Hollow came. I tried to fight her. But everything is so dark. It's so cold and... I'm so tired.
"Oh, no, no, sweetie, don't give up!" Said Hayley.
THE ABATTOIR
Bella: All right, she's here. You guys know what to do.
The Hollow/Hope: Hello again.
HOPE'S SUBCONSCIOUS
Klaus: Hope. Hope, listen to me. You need to stay awake. Okay? You have to stay with me. Can you do that?
Hope: I'll try.
Everyone is nervous and stressed.
THE ABATTOIR
The Hollow/Hope: How predictable.
Elijah: You will pay for this.
The Hollow/Hope: I've killed you once, Elijah. I won't hesitate to do so again.
People glare at Hollow.
Enzo: Inadu. Show yourself. What's the matter... The big, bad Hollow too scared to face me?
The Hollow/Hope: I hide from no one. Especially not some weak parasite.
"Bitch" Said Kol and Bella.
[Bella starts to siphon Hollow, while Vincent, Layla and Freya are trying to hold her back.]
HOPE'S SUBCONCIOUS
Klaus: Hope, open your eyes. You can't fall asleep. I'm gonna tell you a story. And you have to stay awake to hear it, okay? Before you were born, I was a very different creature. I was cruel. I was mean. And I would revel in the terror which I inspired in others. But, Hope, from the moment I saw you, I wanted nothing more than to be worthy of being your father.
Everyone smiled at Klaus.
Klaus: But I'm afraid, Hope. I'm afraid, without you, I'll return to the darkness. So I need you. I need you to fight.
Everyone watches this heartbroken for father-daughter duo.
"You are such a great father Nik." Said Bella.
Hope: I will, Daddy.
THE ABATTOIR
[The Hollow breaks through Vincent, Layla and Freya's spell and throws Bella away. Hope's subconscious vanishes. Klaus is returned to his own consciousness and wakes from the spell. The Hollow wakes in Hope's body and destroys the Sacrificial Magic Instruction Manual.]
"No, no, no." Said Hayley.
"This isn't how it's supposed to go!" Said Freya.
Hayley: Where is she?
Bella: I couldn't save her. Hope's gone.
"I'm sorry." Said Bella.
"It's not your fault." Said Klaus.
Hayley: What? - She's the Hollow now.
Elijah: We have to find her. Bella, surely you can pull the Hollow out of...
Bella: Elijah, if it were easy enough for me to just pull her out, then I would not be standing here talking to you right now. I don't have a place to put her. The book is destroyed, all right? The book is the only thing that's powerful enough to house her eternal spirit.
Everyone is worried, stressed and tired.
Layla: Well, there must be some other way.
Freya: Vince?
Vincent: I don't know any other way.
Elijah: Where you going?
Hayley: To find my daughter.
Elijah: How are you going to do that?
Hayley: We'll figure it out.
Elijah: Let me help you.
ST. ANNE'S CHURCH
[The Hollow/Hope stands before her many followers.]
Everyone glares.
THE ABATTOIR
[Klaus arrives at the Abattoir.]
Klaus: A thousand years ago, we three made an eternal vow. To protect each other, always and forever. Freya, that vow now includes you. As it includes my daughter. She is my heart and soul. Right now she's out there, alone in the darkness, fighting. We can't give up. So I'm begging you... All of you... If there's any chance...
Everyone looks more scared now, because everyone knows that if even Klaus Mikaelson is begging everything is going to shit.
Vincent: I think I know a way to save her. [Everyone looks toward him.]
Klaus: Anything.
Vincent: If we go this route, this is gonna be the end of your family. This is gonna be the end of always and forever.
"What does he mean?" Asked Freya.