Chapter 8

ABANDONED SHACK
The hollow: Such a will to live. Wouldn't it be easier to give in? To simply let go? Part of you must crave that peace. The silence of the nothing that lasts forever.
Elijah: Why don't you come a little closer... and we'll find it together.
"Go Elijah!" Said Bella. But her voice was cracking because of worry. Everyone looks at Elijah worried.
The Hollow: You'll have enough company. When you die, so, too, does your entire sire line. The great sacrifice that will return me to flesh and blood. All I need now is the last of my remains for the ritual. Your family has done the job of finding them, and they should be coming to me soon enough.
Elijah: You can't expect to torment my family and survive.
The Hollow: I survived far worse fates than your family. I say let them come. They will try to save you from the poison coursing through your veins, and in doing so, they will give me what I want. And as a reward for their efforts, I will let your family watch as you finally die. [Outside] You've come early. Good.
"I am happy it doesn't happen, but shouldn't white oak ash have killed him already?" Asked Layla.
"Hollow used enchacment on the ash, so you wouldn't be able to get it out of his body, but now it works slower." Said Emma.
"Where did she get ashes?" Asked Bella.
"Stole Klaus's stash. White oak ash he has for daggers." Said Emma.
"We should get rid of it, too." Said Bella.
Nathaniel: We're eager to serve.
The Hollow: And your covens?
Nathaniel: More witches join us every day. They now know they're either with us or against us.
The Hollow: You New Orleans witches have been weak. Finally, you have a chance to shed that frailty, just as I will shed this frail form. My rebirth will herald a new day to all who swear allegiance to me. Only a few final details remain.
THE ABATTOIR
Klaus: Now, you can't call yourself a connoisseur if you have not sampled each and every one of these. Hmm? Here.
Hope: Mmm, it's so good!
Klaus: Did I ever tell you the story of my first beignet? No? You are in for a treat. Long ago, three French nuns came to New Orleans looking for a fresh start. And they came here. They marched right into our courtyard, and they presented your Uncle Elijah, Aunt Bella and me with these rather lumpy-looking, sugar-coated pastries. Well, needless to say, we were entranced. We set them up quite well.
"You are so old." Said Hayley.
Hope: Why did they come to you?
Klaus: Because there was a time when we were regarded as royalty. You might even go so far as to say I was king which would make you a princess.
Everyone smiles at them.
"She didn't know stories about us? I'm sure i would tell her things." Said Bella.
"Of course, she did. She knows she is New Orlean's princess, so does Pandora and Elias knows he is prince." Said Emma.
"Wait... They know about us?!" Said alarmed Kol.
"Not the bloody details. They are children." Said Emma.
Hayley: Good morning. I guess apple turnover is fruit.
Bella: Hello, princess. [Bella bowed. Hope giggled.]
Klaus: Well, I saw no harm in indulging our daughter's sweet tooth. All things in moderation, of course.
Hayley: Okay. Don't eat too many. You'll get a stomachache. Can we talk?
Bella: Have you seen Elijah?
Klaus: I thought he was with Hayley. I haven't seen him since he left for Marcel's last night. [Hayley and Bella look at him worried.]
People look at Elijah worried.
ST. ANNE'S CHURCH
Vincent: This can't be good.
Maxine: I came here for quiet, to light candles, pray... found it like this. Knew you'd want to see.
Vincent: It's desecration of a holy site. It's meant to be a warning.
Maxine: I think it's more than that. We're losing people, Vincent. More and more witches talking about making a pact with this darkness. When our covens see the church like this, they'll think it's better to join the side of the enemy before the enemy comes for them.
"Witches are defecting." Said Freya.
Vincent: Witches are defecting?
Maxine: Some say the Hollow's power is what our covens need to fight vampires, to take back the city. All the peace you fought for, to them, is nothing compared to the promise of taking control.
Vincent: Tell me you don't believe that.
Maxine: Vincent, you know where I stand.
The Hollow: So loyal. There was a time Vincent showed me such devotion, when, in fact, he worshiped me. And now, how far he's fallen.
Freya looks at her husband worried.
Vincent: Maxine, you need to go. I'm-I'm gonna be fine.
The Hollow: Hello, Vincent. It's been far too long. I think it's time we caught up with one another. Don't you? You knew this day would come. All those years abstaining from magic, afraid that if you practiced, I might come around. Still, after all that, here I am.
Vincent: Here you are. Hiding inside the body of a vampire, because you're not as strong as you want me to think.
"Don't antagonize him!" Said Freya.
The Hollow: You always had such spine. It's what I enjoyed most about you. And I know you enjoyed the power I had to offer. It's still here, Vincent. You can have it all back if you want. You just need to swear loyalty to me.
Vincent: The only thing that I want is for you to slither back into the rot that you came from. Do you want to fight me? Well, come on!
The Hollow: I should send you back to join your dead husband. But I have a better idea. An offer, for you and the Mikaelsons. You can hear me out... or die. The choice is yours.
THE ABATTOIR
Hayley: He's not at Marcel's.
Freya: I'll find him. Jälgida minu blóo mitt. Jälgida minu blóo mitt. He's cloaked by magic. I can feel it.
Vincent: That's her. That's the Hollow. She has Elijah, and now she wants that bone.
Hayley: In exchange for Elijah?
Vincent: No, you don't understand. There won't be an exchange. She needs Elijah to die in order to channel the energy from his sacrifice. She's already poisoned him with the white oak ashes. She wants this bone by sundown. If she doesn't get it, then she's gonna come here and she's gonna take it. And when she does, she's gonna burn this entire city to the ground.
"That's why she slowed down white oak ashes effect. To give us time." Said Bella. Everyone looks at Elijah worried.
THE ABATTOIR
[Bella joins them through phone call.]
Bella: So what are we gonna do?
Vincent: I don't know. Ancestors refused the sacrifice and i don't know how to hold Hollow back without ancestral wall.
Freya: First we need to find way to save Elijah.
Bella: What if we place Elijah's soul in your pendant?
Freya: It could work, but Elijah's body will still die. So will his sireline.
"But if my body dies, Where will you put my soul?" Asked Elijah.
"It's bringing soul back that's hard and demands sacrifices, but if you have ashes, dark objects and so many powerful witches, it's not that hard to bring back body." Said Bella. Freya nodded.
"But putting soul in your body will need sacrifise. Big one." Said Freya.
Hayley: But he will survive?
Freya: Well... Elijah's been poisoned for some time, there's... a chance he won't survive the process.
"But if Elijah dies, only Bella's sireline will remain." Said Davina.
"It's bad. Like this vampires could perish." Said Marcel.
"We know future. We can stop it when we go back." Said Layla. Bella nodded.
Bella: Not if all me, Vincent and Cami's dark objects will help. We can make sure it will be safe. If necessery i can bring more witches! It will work. It has to.
Elijah smiled at Bella.
Vinecnt: What about Hollow? She is the big problem, remember? How are we gonna defeat her?
Freya: There's always a loophole. I have my mother's grimoires. We could study it. There must be something.
Vincent: Okay.
Bella: I'll work on finding Elijah. Marcel already gave Klaus Hollow's bone, we are on the way.
ABANDONED SHACK
The Hollow: Shh. It won't be long.
Elijah: Even if you finish this, my family will bury you.
"We will do that anyway." Said Bella.
The Hollow: They will no doubt try. Though I believe the odds are in my favor. Once the ritual is completed, my spirit will return to New Orleans' soil. From it, I will be reborn far stronger than I have ever been.
Elijah: You are just another body for my brother to slay.
The Hollow: You expect your brother to avenge you? Inspired, perhaps, by duty to the familial bond. I've been inside Klaus' mind. You care for one another so deeply. It's quite ludicrous, this dedication to one's own blood. After all, look where it got you. Perhaps now you understand: family is a curse. We inherit the sins of those who come before us, and those sins are passed to the ones who come next. Like... your little niece.
"Don't touch my daughter!" Yelled Hayley. Klaus glared at the Hollow murderiously.
Elijah: No! No! You will never...
The Hollow: Hurt her? Why? Because your family will protect her? You poor soul. You can't even save each other. But your niece? She who's born of my bloodline? She has the power to destroy me, and that... I cannot allow.