Chapter 10

FOLLOWER'S HIDEOUT
Bella: Like stealing candy from babies.
Layla: Yes, but I'm not finished with this one.
"Why is Layla suddenly here? Didn't she have school to build?" Said Bella.
"She was worried about you with this Hollow stuff, so she turned back on the half way and you couldn't kick her out." Said Emma.
"How many times i have to tell you to stay away from danger?" Said Bella to Layla.
"As many times as you are planing to get yourself in this situations." Said Layla. Bella groans.
Klaus: Well, hurry up. We still have more ground to cover.
Enzo: What is the point of interrogation? We know their motives. New Orleans witches despise originals. They always have.
Witch: Because they are beasts. Evil atrocities against Nature. Your kind has ruined this city.
Bella: Yes. I'm the worst of the worst. So tell me, is your master going to save you from me?
Witch: Go ahead, kill me. My life ends for a greater cause than you can ever fathom. The Hollow has risen. Nothing can stop her.
"But Enzo has point. What are we trying to do? We don't know how to get ride of Hollow. What killing them will change?" Said Layla.
"Less enemy to fight and revenge." Said Bella.
THE ABATTOIR
Hope: The Hollow, she's getting stronger.
Klaus: You can sense her?
Hope: Before she showed up here, there was always music outside, people dancing, laughing. But since she came back, it's so quiet. Like she's draining everything out of the city. She already took Uncle Elijah. And soon she will come for the rest of us.
People look at her sadly.
"She shouldn't be worring about this things. She is too little." Said Hayley.
Klaus: Listen, Hope, I know you're scared. But over the years, a lot of bad people have stood against our family, and all of them have fallen. The Hollow is no different.
Hope: No, she is different.
Downstairs
Bella: To resurrect Elijah, we'll need more power.
Klaus: Let me guess, a grand sacrifice.
Freya: I say we kill our enemy and sacrifice her, then I can channel the power from the Hollow's death, raise Elijah's body, and place him back where he belongs.
Layla: But she will still come back. Like before.
Bella: And we will deal with her, but now we need a way to bring back Elijah.
"Thank you." Said Elijah.
"You would do the same for me." Said Bella.
Hayley: We've tried everything.
Bella: And we've come close. Labonair blood is her Achilles' heel. Hayley, your blood weakened her, but you've technically been dead for years. So it won't be strong enough to kill her. If we forge a blade using the blood of the last living Labonair...
Klaus: We don't want Hope involved.
"I'm sorry, but She is already involved." Said Bella.
Freya: She's already involved. Hope has been obsessed with the symbol that follows the Hollow: the serpent consuming itself. Now, I believe this is showing us the key, the only means to which she can be destroyed, her own blood. The Hollow's one end of the Labonair bloodline. Hope is the other. And we need to close that loop. The best way to do that is for Hayley to wield a weapon forged with Hope's blood. When she stabs her, it's only then the Hollow can be obliterated completely.
Hayley: Then we make it work. I'll talk to Hope.
THE ABATTOIR
Bella&Freya: Dauha naer do smrti. Dauha naer do smrti. Dauha naer do smrti.
Enzo: That's a rather odd locator spell.
Bella: We are trying to trace the Hollow's magic. Almost have it. She's in the Garden District.
Layla: That's the LaForge House. At one time, it was the center of high society, but that all changed when Dr. LaForge tortured and killed his friends and family. Claimed until his dying day that an evil spirit made him do it. That house has been derelict since.
"The perfect lair for someone who relishes tragedy." Said Freya.
Freya: The perfect lair for someone who relishes tragedy.
"Stop repeating yourself." Said Kol. Freya chuckled lightly.
Enzo: What's that?
Freya: If the serpent at the LaForge House represents the Hollow herself, then this must be some sort of totem she's using to magnify her power and protect herself. Dahlia used to use these when she was up to something particularly awful. It will render the Hollow unkillable. We will have to destroy it before we can face her.
Layla: Lovely. I could do with some fresh air. And some fresh blood.
"You are not going anywhere!" Said Bella.
"Stop treating me like a child! I'm not a child!" Said Layla.
"No, but you are a vampire. Simple stick is enough to kill you!" Said Bella.
"I'm heretic! And i can protect myself!" Said Layla.
"Against the creature that throws around original like it's nothing?" Said Bella. Layla huffs.
Freya: Take the map. It's been spelled to track the totem.
Bella: (to Layla) You are not going!
Layla: Yes, i am.
Bella: You aren't! I'm calling Nik and you are staying here.
Layla: But Mom...
Bella: You are needed here. Someone has to protect Hope. You and Enzo will do it.
Layla glares at Bella, but Bella pretends to not notice.
THE ABATTOIR
Hope: I don't want to.
Hayley: Are you scared it's gonna hurt?
Hope: I'm scared if I do this, you're gonna pick a fight. And the Hollow, she can hurt you.
"She is so precious." Said Davina.
Hayley: I know you're scared. I wish we didn't have to have this conversation. When I was your age, I had to deal with a lot of things that I didn't want to deal with either. I didn't want that for you, but here we are. The thing is, sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to do because you're the only one that can do them.
Hope: Like you.
Hayley: Like me.
Hope: Okay.
LAFORGE HOUSE, GARDEN DISTRICT
Freya: I sealed these with Hope's blood. One for each of us. Once the totem is destroyed, we can sacrifice the Hollow.
Hayley: Are you okay?
Freya: Yeah. I never thought twice about fighting or dying for family before. But now, with Elias and Vincent...
Hayley: Now you have someone you're afraid you're not gonna make it home to. You will make it home, Freya. I got your back.
"Underrated friendship." Said Layla.
Freya: I guess she knows we're here.
"Klaus and Bella were attacked by Hollow when they tried to destroy the totem, so they had to blow up the house to destroy the totem." Said Emma.
HAYLEY'S SUBCONSCIOUS
[The Hollow casts an illusion of Jackson.]
The Hollow/Jackson: There you are.
Hayley: Jackson?
The Hollow/Jackson: Been waiting for you.
Hayley: How am I here? How are you here?
"It must be Hollow." Said Bella.
"Probably." Said Hayley sadly and looked down.
The Hollow/Jackson: I'm no expert, but I'm guessing you're going through some kind of psychological break right now. You've been through hell. So your mind took you somewhere peaceful. Honestly, I'm flattered you thought of me. Figured your happy place would be somewhere with your boyfriend-Elijah.
Elijah looks jaelous.
Hayley: So... if I'm unconscious, then I need to wake up.
The Hollow/Jackson: I know. I know. I'm on your side. We'll get you back in the fight, before the Hollow finishes whatever she started.
LAFORGE HOUSE, GARDEN DISTRICT
Freya: Hayley? Hayley? Hayley?
The Hollow: No. I want them alive, but barely. They still have a part to play.
[Vincent and Elias lie dead on the floor.]
Freya flinches. Elijah puts comforting hand on her shoulder.
Freya: No. No, no, no. You were supposed to be... This isn't real. No, you can't be dead. You aren't dead.
[The Hollow tricks Freya with an illusion.]
The Hollow/Elias: Not yet. But I will be.
HAYLEY'S SUBCONSCIOUS
Hayley: I need to snap out of this. If I don't, we can't get Elijah back.
Teh Hollow/Jackson: Is he good to you? Hey, talk to me. It ain't gonna kill me.
Hayley: He has been good to me. When I fell for him, I was scared of Klaus, of... being a mom, and he made me feel safe.
The Hollow/Jackson: Well, if you wanted safety, you would've loved me.
Hayley: I chose you. I married you.
Elijah looked down.
The Hollow/Jackson: But you were in love with him. I mean, it's an old, sad story. The monsters treated you like crap, turned you into a girl who loves monsters.
Hayley: You're not helping me. You're stalling me. No. Oh, you're not you. You're the Hollow.
"Finally!" Said Bella.
The Hollow/Jackson: You're wasting your energy.
Hayley: You're a vision. You can't hurt me.
The Hollow/Jackson: You still don't get it, do you? The Hollow is more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Hayley: Why are you doing this?
The Hollow/Jackson: All I ever wanted was to protect you! And now you're gonna die here.
"Stop using Jackson!" Yelled Hayley.
Hayley: No.
LAFORGE HOUSE, GARDEN DISTRICT
Freya:  Hayley!
The Hollow/Vincent: Maybe if you were stronger, then...
Freya: You're not here.
The Hollow/Elias: I'm always here. This is the vision of me that keeps you up at night, the fear of what you know to be inevitable.
HAYLEY'S SUBCONSCIOUS
The Hollow/Jackson: You saw it: the violence, the rage. That's what he is. You fell for the suit, Hayley. You were blinded by his charade.
Elijah looks away.
"That's not true. Hayley have seen his dark side before. Like when he killed girls for harvest. She knew and still loves." Said Layla.
"And she isn't that innocent either." Pointed out Bella.
Hayley: You're not Jackson, and you don't deserve to wear his face.
The Hollow: You're right. Jackson was good. And me... [The illusion of Jackson turns into Elijah.]
The Hollow/Elijah: ... well, I was never good.
LAFORGE HOUSE, GARDEN DISTRICT
Freya: Hayley. Hey. Are you all right?
Hayley: Did Klaus and Bella broke the totem?
Freya: I hope so. But we can't wait. You need to stab the Hollow. You think you'll be strong enough?
Hayley: Let's do this.
The Hollow: Cencahua ezhuia. Cencahua ezhuia. Cencahua ezhuia. Cencahua ezhuia. Cuauhtzicoa calpanpilli. Cuauhtzicoa calpanpilli. First, I will break your body. Then I will break your spirit. Your spirit is nearly broken already, isn't it? [Hayley stabs the Hollow.]
The Hollow: Do it.
"No. She wants you to do it!" Yelled Marcel.
"Why?! Why would she want to die?" Asked Klaus.
"She must have plan B." Said Bella.
[Hayley continues to stab the corpse of the Hollow.]
Freya: That's enough! That's enough! She's gone. She's gone. [The Hollow visits Hope in spirit form.]
BAYOU AND THE ABATTOIR
Hayley: Jack... I didn't get to say this before, so I need to say it now. You are who I should have wanted. You were right. But I could never manage to give up Elijah.
Hayley and Elijah look at each other.
Hayley: I couldn't walk away. I met him at a time in my life when I was scared, alone. I know that's messed up. I guess I never really... saw what love was supposed to look like. But I don't want that for Hope. I wish she knew you. I wish a lot of things. As for Elijah, I know what he is. I guess I always knew. But I loved him despite it, or maybe because of it.
Elijah and Hayley don't look away for one second.
Hayley: Truth is, I'm a monster, too. We've all done terrible things, Jack. Except for Hope. She's innocent, pure. And I want to make sure she stays that way. I'm sorry for not being the wife you deserved. You desreved to have someone who loved you with her whole being, but my heart always belonged to someone else and you knew it. You knew it and loved me despite of it. I'm sorry, Jack.
"You can't order heart, wolfie." Said Bella.
MIKAELSON MANOR
[Elijah is lying in a circle. Freya, Bella, Vincent and Freya are sitting around him. Freya is holding her talisman, while others touch her shoulder and hold each others hands while chanting spell.]
Freya&Vincent&Bella&Layla: Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen.Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen.Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen.
[Elijah opens his eyes.]
"Wooohooo! Elijah's back!" Cheered Everyone.
MARCEL'S APARTMENT
[Bella finishes siphoning Aria.]
Bella: Done. All hollow's magic is gone from her. She is back to herself.
Marcel: Thank you. [Bella smiled.]
Bella: You are really in love with her, aren't you?
Marcel: (small smile) l am.
Marcel looks at his future self surprised and happy he found love.
Bella: Well, good for you, Marcellus. But be careful love can be dangerous.
THE ABATTOIR
[The Hollow now resides within Hope, having possessed her when she came to Hope as a spirit.]
Klaus: I saw the light under your door. Your mother told me she tucked you in.
The Hollow/Hope: I don't like to sleep when things are happening. You woke Elijah.
Elijah smiles at her.
Klaus: Yes. And he's very excited to see you. In the morning, hmm? There's nothing to worry about anymore, okay? Good night, sweetheart.
The Hollow/Hope: Good night. [Hope's eye's glow blue.]
"No." Said horrified Klaus.
"Hollow is possesing her?" Asked Hayley with cracking voice.
"I think." Said Bella sadly. Everyone looks at Hope worried.
MARCEL'S PENTHOUSE
Marcel: Hey.
Aria: What... what happened?
Marcel: Hey. The Hollow's magic put you in a coma. I got Bella to siphon it out... How are you feeling?
Aria: Out of it. When the Hollow grabbed me, it was like... I was shoved down into some dark corner of myself. I never felt so lost. Like I was slipping away. And in that moment, after she left, it was just darkness. I wasn't sure I'd make my way back.
Marcel: Yeah, but you did. You made it back.
Aria: Thanks to you. I don't think she's gone.
Marcel: No, no, no. Hayley killed her last night.
"But we all knew she wasn't really dead. I just hoped it would take her longer to come back." Said Bella.
"Your future selves hoped the same. They wanted to win time to figure out how to defeat her." Said Emma.
Aria: Marcel... Marcel, I can feel her. The Hollow's still out there somewhere. I know she is.
Marcel looks at his girlfriend worried.