Chapter 4

WOODS 990 A.D.
[The scene is a flashback of young Niklaus; a memory of his childhoold. He's in the woods, mixing and grinding berries into paints. He hears the cries of men in the distance and goes to investigates. There is a dying man, impaled to a tree barely alive.]
Dying man: Please. Help me. Please.
[Mikael appears and goes over and stabs the man, killing him.]
Mikael: You would show mercy to an enemy?! A fiend who plotted to raid our home? Mercy... Is for the weak, Niklaus You... Look at you, boy. You are pathetic. If you are determined to prove yourself a weakling, I should cast you out! Better your brothers not be exposed to a coward!
Everyone glares at Mikael.
"There isn't enough words to describe how much i hate that man." Said Bella. Freya looked just dissapointed in her father.
[The scene returns to present day Klaus, at the Abattoir, who gets up from a chair and goes to check on Hope who is still in bed though faking that she's asleep as a blue light appears.]
ST. JAMES INFIRMARY
[Marcel is at the bar, drinking when Aria comes in. Aria:]

「I changed Sofya with Aria, because Sofya hated Klaus(had reasons), but Sofya and Aria have very similar personality

「I changed Sofya with Aria, because Sofya hated Klaus(had reasons), but Sofya and Aria have very similar personality.」
"Who is her?" Asked Marcel.
"Your girlfriend." Said Emma.
"My what?" Said Marcel.
"Girlfriend you have been dating for two year now." Said Emma.
"Wow. Is everyone coupling up?" Said Bella.
Aria: You didn't come back to your place last night. What's going on?
Marcel: I just spent the last six hours going to every palm reader, exorcist and witch doctor I know. Now, they all say I'm fine, but ever since the bayou, something is off.
Aria: What do you mean off?
[Marcel points to the cracked mirror.]
Aria: The mirror cracked in the exact shape of the sigil we've seen all over town.
Marcel: We killed witches who follow that. They tried to anchor it to our world. Now I think I think it's anchored to me.
"You are smarter than you look." Said Layla. Marcel smirked.
Aria: Then you need a witch. A good one. I know someone.
Marcel: Yeah, I need a New Orleans witch. Vincent has a history with this thing, and this thing did just kill his friend, so I think he'll help me.
Aria: And in the meantime, I'm supposed to do what? Cross my fingers and hope you're not possessed?
Marcel: That's not gonna happen to me.
Aria: Good. 'Cause I'm not letting you out of my sight until you're cured.
"I like her." Said Davina.
THE ABATTOIR
Klaus: Hope? Hope? [Klaus is looking in a mirror and begins to succumb to the Hollow's influence.]
Mikael/Hollow (echoing): Today you will die at the hands of Marcel, unless you kill your enemy first.
"Marcel isn't his enemy." Said Layla.
Hope: Dad? We're ready to go. Aren't you coming? [Klaus doesn't answer Hope. Concerned, Klaus speaks with Elijah and Bella.]
Klaus: You need to go to the bayou without me.
Elijah: Why?
Klaus: Take Hope. I'll be right behind you.
Bella: Why?
Klaus: My daughter nearly died. I have to make sure the threat to her is over.
Elijah: Not without me you cannot.
Klaus: Brother, Freya will help me here. I need to know my child is safe. You, Bella and Hayley can assure that.
"Where are Kol and Davina? Or Pandora?" Asked Bella.
"Pandora is firstborn from Bennet and Claire bloodlines, which are very powerful bloodlines and Elias is Firstborn Mikaelson from Griffin bloodline. They are strong children, so they might have gotten targeted by hollow. So with everyone's request Kol and Davina took Pandora and Elias out of New Orleans in safe house, so they will protect children and keep them out of Hollow's reach until you will defeat it." Said Emma.
"Why Hope couldn't do same?" Said Hayley.
"Hollow already marked her. It would find Hope no matter where she goes." Said Emma. Everyone looks more worried for Hope now.
Bella: Elijah and Hayley can do it themselves. I will come with you.
Klaus: You...
Bella: Have nothing to do. Witch will be useful with the job. Let's go!
ST. LOUIS CASEDRAL
[Klaus is slicing his hand, pour some of his blood into a bowl for Freya.]
Freya: Tell me again what happened at this ritual.
Klaus: I fought evil, and I saved children. I should be given a medal. Instead, I've been infected by some depraved ghost.
"That's what you get for doing good." Said Klaus. Bella chuckled. Hayley rolled her eyes amused.
Freya: Well, I know purging spells and cleansing rituals, so I can fix this. In the meantime, have you considered that you're not the only one infected?
Bella: Marcel was exposed, as well.
Freya: In your visions, our father's goading you to kill. If Marcel has seen something similar... I need to purify you both.
Bella: Normal cleansing spells won't work. It's too powerful.
Klaus: No! Not yet. If the Hollow can look into me, then I can look back at it, find out what it is, what it wants.
"Are you mad?" Said Kol.
"Absolutely not!" Said Bella.
"You aren't gonna do that!" Said Elijah.
"It's for Hope." Said Klaus.
Bella: Absolutely not!
Freya: It's too dangerous, Klaus.
Klaus: This thing came after Hope.
Freya: Fine. I'll give you an hour. And something else.
Bella: Have you two lost your mind? That's an evil spirit that is master manipulator and makes people the worst of themselves.
"Exactly!" Said Kol, Layla and Bella.
Klaus: It's for Hope!
Bella: You are making a mistake!
"My future self is right. Listen to her!" Said Bella.
THE BAYOU
[Hayley, Elijah and Hope are walking through a field of flowers.]
Hayley: I do miss it out here.
Elijah: Yeah, looks like you're not alone. You know, we could be happy out here.
Hayley: I think you might stand out in that suit.
Elijah: Well, I was thinking jeans, shorts and flip flops.
"Oh my god! Can you imagine Elijah in shorts and flip flops?" Says Bella.
"No." Answered everyone.
Hayley: I want to build a life with you, Elijah. With Hope. I want us to be happy.
Elijah: So we do that. Together. In jean shorts. [They approach Mary's cabin, and Hope knocks on the door.]
Hope: Grandma Mary!
"I'm glad Hope has grandma." Said Bella. Hayley smiled.
Mary: Well, hello, sweetheart. Oh, my girl. Oh.
Hope: I picked you some flowers.
Mary: Honey darling, why don't you run on inside. I need to talk to your mama. [Hope does what she's told and she addresses Hayley.] Didn't know you were bringing him.
Hayley: Mary, come on.
Mary: Vampires aren't welcome. You're the exception. Rules of the house.
"That's racism!" Said Layla.
Elijah: I'll leave you two.
Hayley: Seriously?
Mary: You know how I feel. Our kind winds up dead when they're around. Yesterday, we lost Lara. I wake up to hear there's been some kind of occult massacre in the woods. Let me guess Mikaelsons are involved.
Hayley: That's why I'm here. I want to talk about what really caused that massacre last night.
THE BAYOU(MARY'S CABIN)
Hayley: All we know is this cult wanted to sacrifice children. Somehow Lara got caught up in it, and when she tried to get out, she couldn't, and she killed herself.
Mary: That doesn't make sense. Someone is recruiting Crescents into a cult?
"That's what i don't understand. Why wolves?" Said Layla.
Hayley: That's what I need you to look out for, Mary Anything strange. These people obsess over specific imagery. It's a serpent eating its own tail.
Mary: What'd you say?
Hayley: A serpent. Like a dragon. When Hope was affected, she drew some. Here. [Hayley shows Mary some of Hope's drawings.]
Mary: There's something you need to see.
ST. JAMES INFIRMARY
Marcel(quietly): This guy, Dominic you trust him?
Aria: Loyalty is good for business, and I give him a lot of business.
Dominic: This spirit it's ancient. It ebbs and flows like the tide, feeding and sleeping.
Marcel: So, it's awake, and I'm lunch.
Dominic: Well, it wants power. Right now it's stuck, caught between the world of the living and wherever it was trapped.
"But why Marcel? No offence, but you are just normal vampire." Said Layla.
"It probably has other aim. Or maybe it thought i would be the one who would get in circle. Sacrificing powerful creatures." Said Bella and shared a look with Klaus.
"It wants to kill me." Said Klaus.
Aria: Was trapped?
Dominic: It broke free. Some time ago, there must have been a massive release of energy.
Marcel: The Ancestral Realm. When Vincent took down the link, he must've set it free.
Aria: How do we get this thing off Marcel?
Dominic: Purification could work. Unless it comes back. Best bet, you'll have to send this thing back to sleep. See, spirits are just another form of power. They can be channeled, deflected, blocked. These beads keep me safe. They prevent any and all spirits from infecting my head. I could purify some for you, adjust them to your condition, of course.
Marcel: Yeah, all right, let's do it.
Dominic: But to sever the spirit's link, you're gonna have to bury the beads at the root of this creature's power.
Marcel: Well, how do I do that?
Dominic: Is there any place that it has manifested itself before?
Marcel: Vincent mentioned an abandoned house. This thing lured kids there, attacked them, attacked Vincent.
Aria: Alright, then let's end this.
Dominic: Alright. I'll get started.
[Dominic leaves.]
Marcel: I can't let you come with me. I got to do this alone.
Aria: I don't take orders from you.
[Marcel grabs Aria and embraces her in a kiss.]
Marcel: Please stay here. So I know you're safe.
"You seem to really care about her." Said Bella.
FRENCH QUARTER STREET
Klaus: You know your way around, don't you? New Orleans native, I take it? I wonder, were you buried somewhere in the vicinity? Perhaps someone disturbed your tomb. Is that why you're such an angry ghost?
Mikael/Hollow: You don't intend to kill Marcel, do you? Your father was right. You are a coward.
Klaus: More meaningless insults. Is that the extent of your power? I remain underwhelmed.
"You shouldn't insult powerful spirits!" Said Freya.
Bella: Nik, i don't think it's good idea to piss off powerful spirit. [Bella looked around chaotialy.]
"Listen to her." Said Elijah.
Mikael/Hollow: You think I'm powerless? [The Hollow stabs Klaus in the shoulder with the white oak stake. Klaus screams in pain and the Hollow disappears.]
Bella: Nik! [Bella rushes to Klaus's aid.]
"Just like Silas." Said Bella. People look more frightened now.
Mikael/Hollow: I can make you see and feel whatever I like.
Klaus: Do your worst. I know the truth. The white oak is gone, Mikael is dead, and you are nothing more than a bad dream.
Mikael/Hollow: Well, then maybe I'll find my way into your daughter's dreams. What fun it will be to be in her head.
Everyone glares at Hollow furiously.
"Touch my daughter, i dare you, bitch!" Said Hayley with her hybrid face.
[Klaus attacks the Hollow, shoving him backwards, breaking it's neck in the process, though he appears behind Klaus. We see the person whose neck was snapped was Bella.]
Everyone shared a worried look.
"We have to destroy her before she gets this strong. She is too strong." Said Bella. Everyone agreed.
Mikael/Hollow: Ruthless. Nicely done.
[Klaus spins around him, grabbing him by the neck and breaking it. Before the body hits the ground, the Hollow is coming from in front of him, though he grabs him back the neck and rips his throat out. However, when Klaus looks around him, he's snapped Bella's neck and killed two individuals. The Hollow appears behind him.]
Mikael/Hollow: Imagine if I really made you kill someone you cared about. Maybe I already have. [The last victim, reveals to be Freya. Dead on the ground, Klaus rushes to her side.]
Everyone's eyes widen.
"It-- it's illusion, right?" Asked Klaus.
"Yes, it is." Said Emma. Everyone let the breath out. Freya smiled at how much people cared about her.
Klaus: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Mikael/Hollow: Next time, it might even be Hope.
Everyone glares.
Klaus: No!
Mikael/Hollow: Even if you could resist, who will stop Marcel? After all, I'm having my fun with him. And I will make him tear through your family like you have these people. Now, you only have the one choice, boy. Kill Marcel or he will kill you and everyone you love.
"Why does it want Marcel's death?" Asked Kol.
"Maybe because he's city's king and if king is dead, people won't try to go against her?" Said Layla.
THE BAYOU (MARY'S CABIN)
Hayley: This journal belonged to Mary's husband. He filled it in the months before he died. Most of it's revolutionist garbage. Plots for an uprising But there's stuff about my parents in there.
Elijah: What does he say about them?
Hayley: Ramblings about how they were traitors for dealing with vampires.
Bella rolled her eyes.
Elijah: You can see his writing deteriorate as his thoughts do.
Hayley: In the end, he can't even form a coherent sentence. Elijah, I think the Hollow made Mary's husband kill my parents.
ST. ANNE'S CHURCH
Freya/Hollow: Klaus, I was worried.
Klaus: Freya, stay back.
"It's hollow. Not real Freya." Said Emma.
Freya/Hollow: What's wrong?
Klaus: I don't want to hurt you. But I can't trust myself.
Freya/Hollow: I trust you.
Klaus: I said stay back! I've underestimated our foe. The Hollow is more powerful than I thought. It made me see things and do things. I can feel it in my head.
"I hate to say this, but i told you so." Said Bella.
"As if... It's your favourite phrase." Scoffed Klaus.
Freya/Hollow: Then let me purify you. Okay? [The Hollow appearing as Freya attempts a spell.]
Freya/Hollow: Reinigen monde tavo veneno. Reinigen monde tavo ven... It's burrowed too deep. But I know what it wants.
Klaus: For me to kill Marcel. Or for him to kill me.
Freya/Hollow: Klaus, if this thing is demanding a blood sacrifice, if it's you or Marcel... don't let it be you. Hunt down Marcel and end this.
"Bloody hell." Said Marcel.
Klaus: Don't follow me. [As Klaus leaves the church, the Hollow disappears.]
ABANDONED HOUSE
[Marcel has returned to the place where the Hollow first appeared to Vincent. He attempts to bury the purified beads and Klaus enters the home.]
Klaus: Hello, Marcel. [The door mystically slams shut.] Seems neither of us is to leave until one of us dies.
Marcel: I know you're seeing things, Klaus. But I have a way to fix that for both of us.
Klaus: And I'm to take your word for it, am I?
"I'm gonna die, aren't i?" Said Marcel.
"Nik wouldn't kill you." Said Bella. Even Klaus looked at her surprised for her big  faith in him.
"You don't know that! He is under Hollow's control." Said Marcel.
"I know Nik better than you. He won't kill you as long as he sees you as Marcel." Said Bella.
"What if he doesn't? What if he sees Marcel as Mikael or something?!" Said Davina.
THE FRENCH QUARTER
[Bella's phone vibrates; it's Freya.]
Bella: What is it?
Freya: Are you with Klaus?
Bella: Hollow made him snap my neck. I just finished locator spell and going to him.
Freya: Be fast. Marcel's going to kill Klaus.
Bella: How? White oak is gone.
Freya: I don't know, but i know Hollow needs Klaus's death.
ABANDONED HOUSE
Marcel: Damn it, Klaus, I didn't come to fight. Alright? Put the weapon down.
Klaus: My family won't be safe unless you're put down!
Klaus and Marcel watch this play out horrified. So do others.
[Marcel attacks Klaus and they struggle against each other.]
Mikael/Hollow: (to Klaus) Fight, you coward, or today will be your daughter's last.
Klaus: I won't let you hurt my child.
"Come on, Nik. Don't let her manipulate you!" Said Bella.
[Bella reaches the house, though she is blocked by a boundary spell. She siphons it out. She screams in pain while siphoning magic.]
People look at her concerned.
"I'm original. I'll be fine. " Said Bella.
Elijah/Hollow: (to Marcel) Do it now, or forever be a servant to the Mikaelsons.
Elijah looks shocked at seeing himself.
Marcel: I'm not this thing's puppet and neither are you. All right, we cannot give it what it wants.
Elijah/Hollow: Someone will.
[Bella finally manages to siphon out boundary spell. She bursts in and takes a hold of Marcel.]
"Sorry. Insticts." Apologised Bella.
Mikael/Hollow: Kill your son, Klaus.
[Freya runs in house.]
Mikael/Hollow: Otherwise, I will find a way to control him, and Hope will never be safe. [Klaus drops the stake and breaks Marcel's neck.]
"You overpowered Hollow. To save me." Said Marcel shocked.
"I didn't want to give Hollow what she wants!" Said Klaus. Bella rolls her eyes.
"What he means is that you are his son and he loves you, but he doesn't want to admit it, because he is stubborn arse and you are welcome." Said Bella. Klaus glared at her, Others look amused. Marcel is mix of shocked, touched and amused.
Mikael/Hollow: Mercy is for the weak!
[The Hollow presents itself in a new form, a shadow with a human-like figure shrouded in darkness.]
Freya: Leave my family alone! [Freya throws the purification potion and the bottle shatters against the shadow. It makes a high-pitched squealing and seemingly attacks them and then disappears.]
"Go Rapunzel!" Cheered Bella.
THE ABATTOIR
[Bella is drinking and offers it to Klaus.]
Klaus: I prefer my mind remain unaltered for the time being.
Bella: Weird. I feel the exact opposite.
Freya: Rest easy. I can find no trace of the Hollow's magic in neither Klaus nor Marcel.
Bella: So where has it gone? It's a ghost. It could be anywhere, and since we know that it still wants to sacrifice someone powerful, we have to be prepared.
"Why is it always us? Is it punishment for our sins? Why can't we just rest?!" Complained Bella.
THE BAYOU(MARY'S CABIN)
Hayley: Don't do that.
Mary: Do what?
Hayley: Blame yourself. You think that if you'd stopped your husband, I would have had a better life.
Mary: No one deserves what you've been through.
Hayley: It's because of what I've been through that I have her. She is a Mikaelson and I am a Marshall, but we're both still Labonairs. Mary, Jackson said that tragedy always followed my family around... Executions, people dying in floods, fires, or just vanishing. What if the Hollow is behind those deaths, too? And if it went after the Labonairs before what if it wants to finish what it started.
"But why? Why obsession with Labonirs?" Asked Bella.