Chapter 20

THE MIKAELSON SCHOOL
[Layla is introducing school to new childrena nd their parents.]
Layla: At the Mikaelson School for the Young and Gifted,we are big on spirit. Education is our first priority, obviously. We've sent students to the Ivy League, to Silicon Valley. Of course, if you're looking for a more unique course of study, I assure you, we are unmatched. We believe in inclusive blending of the species here. So, outside of full moons, vampires, witches and werewolves all cohabitate peacefully.
"It's beautiful. Good work, Layla." Said Bella.
"Thanks, mom." Smiled Layla.
Klaus: Where do you keep the hybrids?
In the root cellar?
Layla glared at him.
Layla: Excuse me. I just need one minute with this very lost new janitor.
Come on, Bob. I'll show you the toilets.
Kol and Bella laugh.
THE MIKAELSON SCHOOL (Layla's cabinet)
Layla: Why are you here?
Klaus: Hope is dying.
Layla: I'm aware. And we have been trying to find a way whole week...
Klaus: I already have a way and you aren't gonna like it.
"What is he talking about?" Asked Bella.
Klaus: I want you to siphon Hollow from Hope.
Layla: So, after i siphon it from Hope, what am i supposed to do with it?
You can't just shove a demon in a jar and put it on a shelf. I though Bella would tell you that.
"I'm sure i did. And Nik, you better not be planning what i think you do!" Said Bella and pointed her finger at Klaus.
"That's the only way!" Said Klaus.
"If you think i'll let you, you have lost your mind!" Said Bella.
"Who asked for your permission?!" Said Klaus.
"You aren't doing it!" Said Bella angrily.
"What are you two talking about?" Asked Hayley. They don't answer her.
Klaus: You will put it in me and you can't tell anyone, expecially Bella.
People look at Klaus surprised.
"I agree with Bella. This isn't happening!" Said Elijah.
Layla: That's great. (Chuckles) And then you can practice mindful meditation while we just cross our fingers and hope that you don't develop some sort of temper... wait.
Klaus: Do you remember when i daggered Kol and you threaten me if i would make your mother cry again you would chain me up, lock me in one of my coffins and drop me in the deepest ocean?
"Aww. You did that?" Said Bella. Layla smiled.
"You cried?" Asked surprised Kol.
"Well, my dick brother daggered another. AGAIN. It was emotional moment." Said Bella.
Klaus: Well, when you put the magic in me, I need you to make good on that threat.
"Thank you." Said Hayley.
"I'm doing it for Hope." Said Klaus.
"I know." Smiled Hayley.
Layla: No, I... That was a long time ago.
Klaus: I can't allow my daughter to die. Layla, please. Layla. I'm begging you.
People look at Klaus empathetically.
NEW ORLEAN'S CAFE
[Hayley, Pandora, Elias and Hope are sitting in a Cafe.]
Landon: (to Hope) Peanut butter blast, whipped cream on the bottom. Just how you like it.
Hope: Thanks, Landon. [Pandora sents Hope teasing look, Elias glared at Landon and Hayley looks amused.]
Mikaelson men(including Marcel) join Elias in glaring Landon. Girls either look amused or roll their eyes at Mikaelson men.
Hope: Yeah. This is my mother.
Landon: Nice to meet you, Mrs. Mikaelson.
"I like the sound of it. Don't you agree, Hayley, Davina?" Said Emma.
"You wanna get married?" Asked Bella. Emma raises her eyebrow.
"That's weird way of proposing." Said amused Emma.
"That's not what i meant and you know it." Said Bella.
"You have found your match." Said amused Klaus.
Landon: So, Hope. You haven't been around much lately.
Hope: There's been stuff going on.
Landon: Oh. Well, I was, I was hoping you'd be back.
Pandora: (amused) I'm sure you were.
Elias: You have done your job here! Why don't you help others? [Pandora hit his leg, but Elias ignored it and gave Landon death glare.]
"Good job! Keep idiots away from your cousins." Said Klaus. Kol agreed.
"Don't teach my son that!" Said Freya.
Landon: Uh, actually, there's, um, there's music in the square tonight. I mean, they do it all the time, but tonight there's this kind of bluesy vibe and I thought maybe if you wanted...
Hope: Oh, Landon, I-I can't tonight. I have a thing. [Elias smirked.]
So did Klaus, Kol and Marcel.
Landon: Right, yeah. I should probably pick up an extra shift anyway.
Hope: No, thanks, though, for asking and for the milk shake.
Landon: Yeah. It was nice to meet you.
Hope: And you.
"Awkward." Said Davina.
Pandora&Hayley: Why didn't you agree?
Hope: Because I'm gonna be dead soon.
"She knows?!" Said Klaus.
Pandora&Elias: What?
Hayley: How did you know?
Hope: Every witch in our family locked in the bell tower all week. Creepy black veins all over my body. And... it hurts, you know? How long do I have?
Everyone looks worried and sad.
Pandora: It's because of Hollow?
Elias: I told you it was terrible idea!
Hayley: In your condition... We don't believe that you have long. But listen to me, your father is searching for a cure, even as we speak. We will not allow anything to happen to you. You understand?
Hope: It might be for the best anyway.
Everyone looks shocked.
"She... she really thinks that?" Said Klaus hurt.
"No, she doesn't even realise it." Said Emma.
Elias: It's not.
Pandora: Are you crazy?
Hayley: What do you mean?
Cooper: All right, boys, let's roll. [Throws milkshake on Landon.]
Cooper: Whoa-ho-ho. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to slip. That's my bad.
"Jerk" said Davina.
"Arsehole" Said Bella.
"Dick" Said Layla.
Landon: You guys are seven bucks short.
Cooper: No, that's your tip, Kirby. That's negative seven bucks for the poor service that we received. [Cooper chuckles. He sits in his car and drives away.]
Girls glare at him.
Hayley: I think it's probably time you drove Elijah's Bentley.
"Elijaaah, You have Bentley?! And here i thought you were boring one." Said Bella. Elijah sent her a glare. Bella sent him a kiss. Elijah shook his head fondly.
Hope: (excited) Wait, really?
Pandora: (excited) Can i drive, too?
Hope: No, you have to be dying for that.
"That's not funny!" Said Hayley and Klaus.
Hayley: It's not funny! [They stand up, Hayley leaves two hundred dollar on table.]
ELIJAH'S CAR/NEW ORLEANS HIGH
Hayley: That would be a stop sign approaching. That's a stop sign.
Hope: Okay, okay, don't have a panic attack about it...
"Kol taught her how to drive, didn't he? He is the only one i know who drives like that!" Said Klaus.
"I'm the coolest uncle." Smirked Kol.
Hope: I know what you're doing, you know, with the milk shakes and driving lessons. Life's little pleasures, whatever. I'm not, like... suicidal, if that's what you're worried about. You know, that's not what I meant when I said that dying might be for the best.
"Then what did you mean?" Said Bella.
Hayley: Well, you certainly don't seem to have any interest in your survival.
Hope: It's not like I want to die. I just... don't think I was meant to exist in the first place. I think about all the crazy things that led to me being born. Dad lives, years, does weird ritual to become the only vampire who can procreate. You move from foster home to foster home... to end up in Mystic Falls. When Dad got sad and drunk...
"I think that's enough." Said Klaus.
Pandora: Okay.
Elias: Please don't.
Hope: ...had a one-nighter with you, which was basically hate-banging him.
Kol chuckled. Bella slapped his arm.
Hayley: We don't have to...
Hope: Then, boom. Loophole. Miracle baby. But can you be a miracle and a mistake at the same time?
"How could she think that?" Said Klaus.
"You aren't mistake, baby." Said Hayley.
"Don't say that." Said Bella.
"No one is mistake." Said Elijah.
"You are a gift." Said Freya.
Hayley: You aren't a mistake, Hope. No one is. This family has fought tooth and nail to keep you alive from the moment we learned of your existence.
Hope: I know that and I'm grateful you guys have fought so hard. But the universe has been trying to kill me since before I was born. To reset the balance of nature.
"Nature has its own way. If it didn't want to, Tribrid wouldn't be born." Said Kol.
Pandora: You talk like one of the crazy witches. Nature has its own balance that no one understands and if you weren't part of that balance you wouldn't be concived in first place.
"Exactly." Said Layla, Kol and Bella.
Elias: I can't belive i'm saying this, but Pandora is right.
Hope: I knew when I took the power back that I might die. It was my decision.
Hayley: Turn right here.
Hope: (Sight) Okay, so we're gonna spend my final hours watching Cooper get to first base with runner-up Miss New Orleans?
Hayley: Why do you suppose that your friend Landon didn't fight back?
Hope: Um... he has to keep his job.
Hayley: He has to keep his job. We, however, have nothing to lose.
"I like you." Said Kol, who figured it out.
Pandora: (smirking) Aunt Hayley, are you saying what i think you are saying?
"She is female version of Kol." Said amused Bella.
"Oh no." Said horrified Klaus. Kol looked at Pandora with amazment and adoration.
"She is better than i could ever dream of being." Said Kol.
"Wow, Kol admitting someone is better than him. That's true miracle." Said Marcel.
Hayley: I could compel these idiots to do just about anything you want.
Hope: (smirks) Or you can compel them to forget what I'm about to do.
"Hope, No!" Said Klaus and Hayley.
Hayley: That's not what I'm suggesting. You cannot be reckless with your energy.
Hope: (Sighs) If I die in jock revenge mode, it'll be worth it.
Elias: No it won't!
"Hope!" Said Everyone disapprovingly.
Hayley: Hope, you have to conserve your strength.
Hope: Relax, I'll be fine.
"I blame her stubborness on two of you! She got it from you!" Said Bella and pointed at Klaus and Hayley.
Pandora: Hope...
Hope: Glace, solidatur. Glace, solidatur.
Glace, solidatur. [Ice appears on Car and it breaks and with ice so does car windowes.]
Cooper: Oh! My... my car! Oh, my God!
What did you, what did you do to my car?! Every single... What did you do to my car?!
Hope: Yeah, that felt good.
THE MIKAELSON SCHOOL(Layla's cabinet)
Layla: You think that's gonna stick? The ocean isn't big enough to hold you down, Klaus.
Klaus: You're right. The ocean won't hold me. But when I've transferred the Hollow's magic out of Hope, I don't intend to drown it. [Klaus takes stake out of his jacket.]
"What is that, Niklaus?!" Said Elijah.
"Seems like oak." Said Klaus.
"What kind of oak?" Greeted his teeth Elijah.
"Well, i can't tell from distance." Said Klaus.
"We all know what kind of oak it is!!!" Yelled Bella. Some jumped at her sudden shout.
"You aren't killing yourself, Niklaus!" Said Elijah.
"Hope..." said Klaus.
"Need her father." Interrupted Freya.
Layla: Is that..?
Klaus: This is the last remaining White Oak stake. When the power is in me, there's only one way to make sure it's gone for good. Someone needs to kill me.
"There has to be another way!" Said Bella.
"Maybe, but we don't have enought time there. When we go back, this won't happen, but that one has to die." Said Klaus.
"Promise me. Swear to me that you won't do it again." Said Bella.
"I... I can't do it." Said Klaus.
"Nik.." said Bella.
"Don't you understand?! My daughter is dying! You think i want to leave her? She can live without me, but she can't live with Hollow!" Yelled Klaus.
Layla: Where do you even get a White Oak stake?
Klaus: It was decades ago. I was gonna destroy it, but the weight of immortality was heavier then. [There is silence for few minutes.]
Freya,Bella and Elijah sigh.
Layla: Are you sure that there's no other way?
Klaus: There's always another way. Somewhere, written in some forgotten language, in some city lost in lava, likely lies buried the secret to having everything I want all at once. But I'm not gonna find it anytime soon, and now is all I have.
Layla: (sighs) They will never forgive me. If i help you kill yourself...
Klaus: They might be angry for a while, but they will understand. It's for Hope.
Layla: You are being a good father. And you are being a good person, and how can I tell you not to do that...
People look at Klaus with respect and sorrow.
STREET
Hayley: Just wait here.
Hope: Let's go back to the school. Okay? I need to lay down.
Hayley: Hey. Don't you give up on this fight.
Hope:It's too late, mom. Okay? I can feel it. You should just tell my dad to stop looking for a Hail Mary. He's gone through enough torment.
"Hope..." said Klaus sadly.
Elias: You are the reason that his life of torment has not been in vain. Aunt Bella is always saying you were the gift that saved uncle Nik's life. Now, if you're not gonna fight for yourself, you gotta fight for him.
"He is very smart." Said Freya proudly.
Hope: I don't want to fight anymore. I can't save my dad. Okay? I-I'm not a savior. [Hope touches her head in pain.]
"Hope!" Said everyone worried.
Hayley: Hope? What's wrong? [Hope collapses. Klaus who just came, sees that and rushes to Hope.]
Pandora: (panicked) Uncle Nik!
Elias: Help her!
Hayley: (panicked) Klaus! She just collapsed. I don't know...
Klaus: Quiet. No heartbeat.
"No. No. No. No. No. No." Said Hayley. Everyone watched the scene tensely.
Hayley: Please. Please. Hope!
Klaus: Get Layla. Tell her it's time! Go!
[Hayley vamp-speeds out.]
Elias: She will be okay, right?
Pandora: (teary) She has to be! [Klaus doesn't seem to hear them. He is looking at Hope worried.]
Klaus: Please come back to me. Hope! Hope!
Everyone tears up.
Pandora: Please, Hope. Please.
Elias: Hope, please. [Layla and Hayley come back.]
Klaus: Layla, do it! Now!
Layla: It's too dangerous...
"I hate to say it, but Hollow is the weakest now. It's too deeply rooted in Hope. If you want to bring it out, now is the best time." Said Davina.
Klaus: (yells) There is no other way! She is dying! Do it! [Pandora, Elias and Hayley look confused and worried.]
Hayley: What are you talking abo...
[Layla starts spell.]
Layla: Magia tollox de terras. Magia tollox de terras. Magia tollox de terras. Magia tollox de terras. Magia tollox de terras. [Blue light comes out of Hope and is put in Klaus. Both Klaus and Hope gasp. Hayley, Pandora and Elias are watching shocked. Hope wakes up.]
Everyone sights out in relief, but also looks at Klaus worried.
Hayley&Pandora&Elias: Hope... [Hayley hugs Hope. Hope is looking past her shoulder.]
Hope: Dad. [Klaus sits up.]
Hayley: Oh, you're okay. Oh, you're okay.
Hope: I don't want to die. I don't want to die.
Hayley: I know. [Klaus hugs Hope.]
Klaus: It's over. It's over. You're not gonna die. It's over. [Suddenly, Klaus frozes. We hear voices whispering.]
"Hollow is already acting up." Said Bella.
Layla: (worried) klaus.
Klaus: I love you, my littlest wolf. [Klaus vamp-speeds away. Others look at him worried, but stay with Hope. Layla follows. Klaus has stake aimed at his heart.]
Layla: Klaus. Don't. You can't leave without even saying goodbye to her. Aren't there a million things that you want to say to her? About life, boys, or... how to file taxes?... I don't know.
Klaus: She'll figure it out. What I want to do is make sure she will be alive to do those things. I have to. [Klaus neck snaps and when he falls, we see Bella standing behind.]
Bella: What have i missed?
"Bella!" Yelled Klaus.
"That was such a good entrace." Said Bella.
"Bellatrix!!!" Yelled Klaus.
"I'm so hot." Said Bella, ignoring Klaus.
THE ABATTOIR
Bella: Can someone explain why my brother was trying to kill himself?
Hope: What?
Layla: Get them out of here!
Pandora&Elias&Hope: I am not leaving!
Hope: What is happening to dad?
Hayley: He took Hollow.
Pandora: What?
Elias: Excuse me?
Bella: He did WHAT?!
Layla: Hope was dying. Today her heartbeat stopped for a minute. He was trying to save her.
Hope: By killling himself?!
Layla: We don't have time. Trust me i didn't want to do it either. But we didn't have time.
Bella: So what happens, he just kills himself and the magic goes away?
Hope: You're gonna let him go through with this?
Layla: I'm sorry, Hope, but he has made his decision.
Hope: And I've made mine!
"I have lived thousand years, now it's your turn." Said Klaus.
Pandora: Can't we just put it back how it was again?
Layla: You can't just pass around such a dangerous magic like ball. And can you promise they can stay away?! Klaus won't go to Elijah again or come back to see Hope?! (Cries) You think i wanted to do this?! He is my uncle, too, you know?! I have gone through every possiblity. There is no other way! [Layla starts sobbing and Bella hugs her.]
Klaus smiles at her.
"I knew you loved me." Said Klaus.
"You are tremendous ass." Said Layla.
"You mean your favourite uncle." Said Klaus.
"What does it have to do with Elijah?" Said Layla.
"Now who is the ass?" Said Klaus.
"Still you." Said Layla.
[Hayley hugs Hope. Pandora and Elias hug each other.]