Chapter Thirteen

⋆ Karass Don Slava ⋆

After the trip to Venice, Cherry sleeps for over twenty hours

After the trip to Venice, Cherry sleeps for over twenty hours. The Doctor and Amy check on her periodically after the first ten hours, worrying she may have died in her slumber. Thankfully, she does wake up and groggily climbs out of her bed, swiftly brushing her teeth without even looking in the bathroom mirror. She pulls on her Tardis blue dressing gown over her red pyjamas and trudging down to the control room. There's music blaring through the room, and Cherry covers her ears with a disgruntled look on her face, glaring at the Doctor, Amy, and Rory, who are all sitting around and playing what Cherry thinks might be UNO.

"Why is it so loud?" Cherry has to clear her throat before she yells at them over the song, and they all look up at her in surprise. Amy laughs loudly at her as the Doctor takes a small remote out of his pocket and turns the music down. The Doctor and Rory look rather amused, too, though they have the decency to not laugh in her face, and Cherry cocks an eyebrow at them. "What?"

"Cherry, you look crazy!" Amy informs her older cousin as the Doctor motions to his head, signalling that the thing they have all found so funny is her hair. Cherry frowns, looking over at herself in the glass cylinder in the middle of the control panel. Her hair has become a huge, knotted mess during the night, and it's sticking up in strange shapes on her head. She flushes pink, a little embarrassed, though not enough to bother finding a hairbrush. She just sighs and pulls the hood of her dressing gown over the mess.

"I'm exhausted," Cherry whines, dropping down on the seat beside the Doctor. She leans into him, a small smile tugging on her lips as he casually places his arm on the back of the sofa behind her. "I might have to go back to bed."

"You've been asleep for twenty hours," Rory scoffs, shaking his head at his future cousin-in-law.

"Well, I did get bitten by a fish and almost blown up, so forgive me if I'm a little more tired than usual," Cherry remarks, reminding them all of what she went through in Venice. "I think I've earned the right to sleep for a while."

"Yes, you did," the Doctor agrees, nodding his head as he places a green three down onto the pile of cards in the middle of them. "And then you slept for twenty hours."