Chapter Sixty-three

05:02 pm 22nd April 2011

Cherry refuses to wear the eye drive for a long time. She doesn't want to have any resemblance to anybody that hurt her, or, more importantly, Melody. But eventually, she has to give in because she has to remember the silence in order to keep her job and help the Doctor. Working in Area Fifty-Two is surprisingly easy. She's even been issued with a fancy gun, which she keeps on stun at all times. She has only really used it on the Silence... and Madam Kovarian. That was her favourite day.

"Love the outfit," Amy remarks, walking into Cherry's office on the train. Unlike Cherry, who is wearing a smart black shirt, a tight pencil skirt and heels, Amy is wearing trousers and a suit jacket with flat brogues. "Not very practical, though."

"I haven't broken the dress code," Cherry shrugs, her shoulders, leaning against the desk on which her silver eye drive is lying. "It's fine."

"What if we need to run?" Amy sighs, staring down at her thin shoes.

"They do it all the time in spy movies. I'll be fine. And I managed in America," Cherry points out. "I like to look nice."

"For the Doctor?" Amy raises her eyebrows and her older cousin rolls her eyes.

"It might not be him," she sighs, looking down at the floor. "We've been looking for him for ages..."

"It has to be him." Amy wraps her arm around her cousin's shoulder, trying to lift her spirits. "I mean, a soothsayer locked up in the Buckingham Senate with the Holy Roman Emperor Winston Churchill. Who else could it be?"

"Anyone," Cherry says. "Any random madman. I mean... it could be anyone."

"The Doctor is a random madman," Amy points out and Cherry shakes her head with a laugh.

"That's true," she breathes out.

"Look, I know it's a long shot," Amy says seriously. "Besides, it's the best lead we've had for ages."

"That's true," Cherry agrees.

"Anyway, if we weren't trying to find the Doctor we'd be stuck back in Area Fifty-two studying the silence. I mean, they're so boring," Amy complains and Cherry frowns, eyebrows furrowing. "I mean, they just stand in those tanks all day. We've barely learned anything."

"What have we learned?" Cherry asks and Amy rolls her eyes.

"Put your eye drive on and you'll remember," Amy says, picking the patch up and handing it to her cousin.

"Oh, you know I hate these things," she whines.

"Yes, but you need them to do your job," Amy says. "You're supposed to keep it on at all times."

"No," Cherry refuses as she fixes the eye drive over her eye and a door unlocks itself in her brain, allowing her to remember and picture the horrifying creatures held captive in the pyramids. "I'd rather forget about them, thanks."