Chapter 19

Before we start this next chapter so that none of us gets confused. We will name the future and past.

Wen Rouhan or Rouhan - future
Chief cultivator - past
Lan Qiren or Qiren-future
Master Lan - past
Sect leader Nie or Mingjue- past
A-jue - future
Huaisang- past
A-Sang- future
Lan Xichen- past
A-huan - future
A-Ning - future
Wen Ning  - past
Qing-jie - future
Wen Qing  - past

Lan Wangji will call Xichen, brother, and Lan Zhan will call his Xichen-ge.

I think it's all for now. It's just so that we don't get confused about who we are referring to.
______________________________________

As they left, they left a bunch of confused and angry people behind. But many were also surprised and shocked at the future Wen Rouhan and how he had acted. He even called them his family and threatened the current chief cultivator. While words of bringing justice for the death of the second master Wen and the loss of the violet spiders arm a certain sect leader was already planning to send a possible engagement letter to A-Ying and Lan Wangji for their daughters hand in marriage to his nephew Jin Zixun.

As soon as the family walked into Yiling. Lan Wangji and A-Ying turned on their heels and lifted their hands up. The barrier that's been set in place weeks ago started to erect from the ground. A large spiritual energy surge went through the whole town as the barrier started to erect, and the spiritual energy points started to connect to each other. The magistrate came running towards the group. He put his hands on his knees as he gasped. His heart hammering in his chest for over exerting himself.

A soft hand touched his shoulder, and the man jumped away, frightened for a second. He looked up. His eyes wide with fear. Lan Sizhui gave him a smile. The man came upright and pointed his finger at the barrier that has now started to cover the whole of Yiling.

"It's for the safety of the town and its people magistrate. You need not worry."

Lan Sizhui assured the magistrate. He nodded his head and asked.

"Do the masters expect any trouble and must we as the townspeople be prepared. "

The magistrate asked with worry in his voice as he looked at the young master. Sizhui decided not to lie and said.

"Yes, we do magistrate, but do not worry, we will make sure that no harm befalls the people of Yiling. Magistrate need not worry."

Sizhui told him with a soft voice, and the magistrate relaxed visible.

"Then I will leave you to it. Thank you, young master but you have to excuse me as I have to inform the people that everything is fine."

They both bowed to each other, and the magistrate hastily walked away. Lan Sizhui turns back to his family just as his parents connected the two halves of the barrier. It gave one last shudder before it settled down and became invisible. A-Ying poked it with his finger. Satisfied, they turned towards their newly arrived family and bowed. During this whole time, Huaisang's eyes never left his future self and Wen Ning. Trying to wrap his head around on how they became a couple.

Master Lan have been watching Qiren and Rouhan and how comfortable and easygoing they were with each other. Xichen and Mingjue were also watching their future selfs with curiosity and interest. Wei Ying were more interested in how A-Ying and Lan Wangji could erect a whole barrier without the help of their children. How they could use so much spiritual energy and not even look tired or out of breath. Lan Zhan himself was wondering the same thing.

Lan Wangji and A-Ying led them to their house, knowing that nobody would be able to breach or break down the barrier. The only people who are allowed inside Yiling were those without malicious or murderous intent. The town still has to do business to stay afloat. They reached their home and led everyone inside and towards the backyard. While the others were getting to know each other, A-Ying, Qing-jie, and A-Sang went to the kitchen to prepare tea and something to eat.