Chapter 8

The next morning, during breakfast, they decided that they would leave just after ten. As the Lan sect Leader and his sons also want to go with, Mingjue, Lan Zhan, A-Ying, Fenhua, and Wei Wuxian made their way toward Gusu As soon as they reached their destination, they stepped off their swords and made their way towards the three Lan who were waiting for them near the docks. Greetings were exchanged, and seven boarded the boat and soon made their way towards the lotus pier.

"I am afraid this will not be easy". Mingjue said as he looked at where Wei Wuxian was sitting, biting his lower lip and playing with the hem of his robes. Wei Wuxian's scent reeks of anxiety, and it surrounded him like a blanket. Just as A-Ying moved closer to Wei Wuxian, the smell of sandalwood and musk invaded their noses. They all looked at Lan Wanji, who had made his way over to Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian looked up when the scent hit his nostrils and gave him a sad but appreciative smile. The sandalwood and musk scent engulfed Wei Wuxian, and he took deep breaths off it. Slowly, he started to relax.
"I hope Wei Ying does not mind and would forgive my forwardness". Lan Wanji spoke softly.
"It is fine, Lan Zhan. Thank you. I really appreciate it. It's just that I am scared and afraid of what will happen. I do not want a fight to start over me. I am just the son of a servant. The street rat that got picked up from the street. I do not even understand why you all want to stand up for someone like me. And Lan Zhan, you hate me. Why are you doing this?".

"Wei Ying, I never hated you. I just did not know how to let people in, and to be honest, I really want to be your friend if you still want to".
He bowed slightly to Wei Wuxian, who stood up and took him by his elbows and shook it lightly and said.
"You do not need to bow to me, Lan Zhan. I would love to be your friend. And really it's a relief knowing that you don't hate me".
"I was just about to say that Wanji does not hate you, Wei Wuxian. He was the one who came to me and pleaded with me to come out of seclusion because of what his uncle said and tried to do. He told me that his uncle is trying to keep him away from his mate". Qinghen-Jun said, looking at Wei Wuxian, who was a blushing mess and Lan Zhan's ears were burning hot.

"You said that Lan Zhan. You did that for me for us. But what if you were wrong?". Wei Wuxian asked him with a twinkle in his eyes.
Lan Zhan's eyes grew wide for just a second before he spoke.
"I knew Wei Ying was my mate the first night we fought on the roof. My alpha immediately recognized his omega that night". Lan Zhan said shyly. And Wei Wuxian buried his face in his hands, his blush took on a deeper red. The others laugh at the two youngsters.
"Wei Wuxian, I just want to say that we are here for you. We only want you to be happy and free to live your life that you want". A-Ying said with a smile.
"Whatever happens, know this that you are not alone". A-Zhan said.
Wei Wuxian nodded his head and went back to take his seat, and Lan Zhan went and sat next to him.

Soon, the docks of lotus pier came into view. They drifted towards the docks, and Wei Wuxian anxiety again flares up. Lan Zhan stood closer to him and took his hand in his. Giving it a light squeeze and let out his calming pheromones that once again surrounded Wei Ying with comfort and safety. They walked towards the sects gates where two guards were standing. Upon approaching them the guards bowed. Suprise clearly on their faces. Especially upon seeing the head disciple with them.
"Young man, could you inform your sect Leader that the Lan and Nie are here with three special guest". Qinghen-Jun asked them. The guards bowed, and one went to inform their sect Leader. They did not wait to long for the sect leader to arrive.

"Sect Leader Lan and Nie to what do I own this visit". He bowed as he spoke. Not really knowing how to address the other three. Which was fine by them.
"Sect Leader Jiang, I think it would be best to have this conversation in the privacy of your office". Mingjue said.
Sect Leader Jiang nodded his head as he looked at Wei Ying. Who stood with head hanged low, not trusting himself to look at the man.
He led them towards his office and asked a disciple to inform his wife and son to come to his office as soon as possible. He also told a nearby servant to bring some tea and cakes for them.