Chapter 4

When lunch was finished the servants came in and quickly cleared the tables before fresh teapots were placed on the tables. Some of the sect leaders made their way over to the time travelers and converse with. More curious about how their time line is peaceful as they claim and how did they achieved such a thing. Talking around the truth of many things they assured them that it can be done if they had a strong leadership who is willing to work towards said peace. Wuxian's eyes would dart over to them from time to time. Smiling when he catch the three looking a his way as well. Not want to attract to much attention towards himself he would talk with Yanli and Jiang Cheng in between not want the ire of the lady of the sect directed at him again. He has already caused to much trouble for the sect. An annoying voice could be heard. "Sect Leader Lan my father would like to know why wasn't he inform that six time travelers arrived in the Cloud Recess ". Wen Chao walked into the room his beady eyes scanning the room until it landed on the six time travelers. Xichen got up and bow in greeting." Well young master Wen we have not inform anyone of their arrival. They showed up by themselves ". Wen Chao's eyes returns back to Xichen and said."Well if that is the case I am just here to inform you that my father had sent me to bring them to Nightless City ". A-Ying and Lan Zhan looked at the young man and then at each other but didn't say anything. "Well young master it is really up to them if they wants to go". Xichen answers with a polite smile. Wen Chao dips his head to the side and said." They don't really have a choice for its not a request it an order. And they should be wise to comply ". He looks at the six people as he said that his eyes landed on Lan Min and stay there for a while licking his lips and let his alpha scent out. Which immediately made the people in the room scrunched up their noses. "I think I would have a lovely time playing with you omega. You are just my type. Wen Zhuliu bring her to me now". He said." Wen Zhuliu if you lay a hand on my daughter it will be the last time you will ever lay a hand on anyone". A-Ying said as he put his tea cup down and looked at the man. "Wen Zhuliu do I need to report you to my father. Telling him that you ignore a direct order from me. You know what will happen. Don't you?". Wen Chao as his scent explode with anger. "And like I said. If he touched my daughter I will make him regret it in so many ways. You come here all high and mighty and think that you can order us around. We are not little children. A-Ying said as he let some of his own pheromones out. Wen Chao took a step back and said.
"Do you know who I am?. Who my father is?. What we are capable of?.
"Of course we know who you are Wen Chao and your father is Wen Rouhan. What you are capable of is yet to be seen". A-Ying said. "Now that we establish that. You are nothing with your in my eyes. These people may walk on eggshells around you. They may cower because of Wen Zhuliu because without him you are nothing. You are worhless". Fenhua said as he stood up and walked closer to Wen Chao. "My sister will beat you with her eyes close that's how weak you are. A five second alpha and you think you have the right to lay your filthy paws on my sister". Lan Zhan stood up and looked at the young man standing infront of him and said. "If your father wishes to see us so badly. Why did he sent you thinking you can intimidate us. Pathetic. If anyone and I mean anyone comes for my family they will suffer the same consequences that our enemies had suffered even more so if they try to claim any of my children. So go tell your father we are not his property to be ordered around as he pleases". Wen Chao sputtered and turns while saying." My father will not be please sect Leader Lan. Don't say I did not warn you and everyone else". He said with a loud voice as he made his way out of the hall. Everyone in the hall looked at the three standing there. Murmers wafted through the room but they did not pay it any mind. They turns towards the Jiang sect and Lan Zhan said. " Sect Leader Jiang I would like to asked if it's possible and if you do not have problem if we could have a word with young master Wei please ". What an odd request many thought why would they want to talk to someone like Wei Wuxian. Coming out of stupor the sect Leader asked.
"And why would that be sect Leader Wanji. Is there something you need from my first disciple". Lan Zhan shakes his head and said." You do not need to worry we just need to talk with him in person and preferably in a more secure setting".
"You want to waste your time with someone like him. A son of a servant. Whatever you want to say can be said infront of everyone here". Madame Yu sneered at Lan Zhan and A-Ying stepped forward and said." Sect Leader Jiang can I asked you a question and would you be honest in your answer". The man nods his head so A-Ying continues.
"What was the real reason you looked so hard and long for Wuxian?". The man was taken aback by the question but he still answers.
" Well he was the son of friend and I wanted to honor him by raising his son". A-Ying nods his head and said.
"I believe even though we are from different worlds. You made the same promises you made to me in my time line. Which was all lies by the way". He looks at Wei Wuxian and said. "His promises amount to nothing and you know it. I had been beaten near to death by this jealous and petty woman who could not let go of her jealousy for our mother. I fortunately was saved before I could die. I was on the brink of death when I was rescue. I bared the same scares you are bearing on your body". With that he turns towards Master Lan and said. "I was taken in by the Lan sect and they raised me with love and care. My shufu loved me with my flaws and all. Master Lan you are disgrace holding a grudge against a dead woman. You and that woman are the worst kind of human beings. You think by putting your precious, rule abiding nephew in seclusion would change what was already written. I feel sorry for the lot off being petty and hating a boy when you will soon facing the real danger that is currently brewing right under your noses". The hall was hush no one said anything. Madame Yu was so furious zidian was setting off purple lighting and master lan were red from embarrassment in his face."So now I will not asked again. Because i was polite now I'm telling you that we will be taking Wei Wuxian with us". Lan Zhan said eyes hard and unforgiving. Sect Leader Jiang could just looked." Are you going to let this boy talk to you like that Fengmian. He is the Jiang first disciple and I forbid that you take him. He belongs to us and that's where he will stay until he dies one day. I don't really which one comes first ". Soft gasps goes through the room." My lady how can you say that". "Mother that's not a nice thing to say about A-Xian". Jiang Yanli said. Wei Wuxian hangs his head at the woman's words. He always knew and as he grew older he was more convinced that the only reason sect Leader Jiang search for him was to be his childrens shield. Protect them first and foremost. Playing the hem of his robes he was having a sad smile on his face. A hand came down hard on a table and everyone's eyes diverted that way." I now know there was always a reason I did not like you Yu Furen. For someone who is a mother your self to disregard someone else's child like that. Wei Wuxian if you would decide to defect from that sect I am more willing to take you into the Nie sect if you should wishes so". The Nie sect Leader said. Wuxian lifts his head and stood up and bow and said." Thank you sect Leader Nie but my place is with the Jiang sect but I appreciate the offer". "There you have it he stays with us. So there is nothing more to say on that". "Oh but there is a lot more woman. So whether you like it or not he is coming with us. Sect Leader Lan where is your brother?". Lan Zhan asked as he turns his head towards said man. "What do want with my nephew?". "If one person in this room asked that stupid question again I will make them regret that they ever opened their stupid mouths. So where is he?". Xichen who don't want anymore trouble answers. "Wanji is in seclusion until the lectures are over". "Can you get someone to go call him now". Lan Zhan demanded not leaving any room for anyone to say something.
Xichen stood up and walked towards the door waved a disciple over and told him to go call Lan Wanji. He then made his way While waiting Chenqing mindlink A-Ying. 'A-Ying something is wrong. What do you mean Chenqing? Well I'm not sure but it feels as if something is happening at the burial mounds. What do mean something is happening at the burial mounds. A-Ying asked as he looks at his mate who had a small frown on his face.
It seems that the portal had started closing and it is almost completely close. We won't be able to make it back in time. What? A-Ying asked shocked.  Cutting the mindlink his eyes still on his mate as Lan Wanji walked into the hall. 'That does that means that we are stuck here. But what is the reason and why? A-Ying mindlink his mate.' I don't A-Ying we still had one day left did we not?". Yes we did Lan Zhan. A-Ying said. "We have to go but we will be back. Don't think we don't know where your sects are located we still needs to talk to Lan Wanji and Wei Wuxian". Lan Zhan said with so much authority in his voice that nobody said anything back. They looked at their children and the six of them left the hall and practically runs down the steps and as soon as they were outside they mounted their swords and make haste towards the burial mounds. Landing outside Yiling they make their way towards the burial mounds and on arrival they tried walking through the barrier but was pushed back. They tried again but the same thing happened. Frustrated A-Ying screams." Rushi I am going to kill you". "Baba I don't think you can kill a ghost". Jingyi answers. A-Ying looks at him and said." Really jingyi I know that I'm just so pissed of right now. You said two days and not even a day has passed". He screams again. Lan Zhan said." Maybe there is some kind of mistake". "You think Lan Zhan. We are stuck in this God forsaken place and time. And really I do not want to be here". Lan Zhan pulled him into a hug when they all off a sudden heard footsteps. They looked up and there stood a woman in red just on the other side of the barrier looking between the six before she spoke. " I am sorry my masters but I had to. The one called Wuxian will suffer alot. He will give away the one thing that he had hard for and become a demonic cultivator which will help the sects to win the war and the thanks and gratitude he will get is all of them turning against him and in the end he killed himself.  You should also know that he will rescue a few remaining Wens after the war and they will make this place their home. Asked yourself if you leave now will you be able to live with yourselves knowing that you could have helped and the Wens. He will forge a amulet and they will want it and will do anything to get it". They looked at her in shock upon hearing those words. "But are we allow to interfere Rushi?". Lan Zhan asked. "For this you are. Saving a life. The portal will open as soon as everything is done". She said." How long Rushi?". A-Ying asked. "I'm sorry masters. The war will start around two years from now. Your destinies will always be entwined no matter what time line". She bowed and disappeared. The six stood there shocked and not knowing what to do at this moment.  What will they do. In the end they will have to reveal who they truly are and that in it self will cause some major problems. " Come let's find a inn at Yiling for now we need to rest and thinking of ways how to help Wei Wuxian but everyone else". Lan Zhan said." I don't think everyone needs saving really". Jingyi said as they made their way back down the mountain. Finding a inn was not a problem so Lan Zhan booked the whole of the upper floor for his family. They would rest and starts making plans tomorrow.