Chapter 26

The joyful howl could be heard throughout Yiling, reaching the ears of the others. The four children howled back, letting their father know that they heard him. Lan Qiren, Wen Rouhan, and Boashan Sanren sat with prideful smiles on their faces, making Qinghen-Jun and Master Lan feel a hint of jealousy and they both looked at Lan Zhan and Wei Ying for a second.

Wei Ying hides himself behind Lan Zhan when he saw them looking at them and whispers into Lan Zhan's ear.

"Why are they looking at us like that, Lan Zhan?. "

His voice sounded small. Huaisang leans into him and whispers.

"Maybe they are wondering when you and Wangji will make them grandparents."

Wei Ying screech and Huaisang laughs.

"Why would they think that. Me and Lan Zhan aren't even married yet."

He counters, and Lan Zhan whispers.

"If Wei Ying want. We can change that, and Wei Ying can become my mate, and we can also have our own pups."

Wei Ying whipped his head towards Lan Zhan. His eyes wide in its sockets.

"Lan Zhan. So shameless."

He coughed out, and Lan Zhan just shrugged his shoulders as he smiled at a stunned Wei Ying. The others who had followed the conversation burst out with laughter. Wei Ying just shook his head and joins in.

Qinghen-Jun shook his head as he looked at his youngest and thought.

'A-Zhan, I just know that your mother would approve of your choice of mate if she was still alive.'

"Xichen, maybe we should also start making a plan to get mated. I have loved you since we met as children, and I have always held out the hope that you would one day become my mate. So i am asking you know. Would you do me the honor of becoming my mate and husband."

Mingjue asked seriously as he looked into Xichen's eyes. He is taking a risk he knows. But what is life if you are not willing to take risks. Xichen, for a moment, got caught off guard. The truth is that he had also been in love with Mingjue for all these years but was too afraid to make a move in the fear that he would be rejected.

"I love you too, Mingjue, and it would be my honor to become your mate and husband."

He said with tears and joy in his eyes and voice. Soon, congratulations went round, as Mingjue took Xichen hands in his and said.

"Thank you, Xichen. You had just made me the happiest man and alpha. "

And he placed a soft and loving kiss on Xichen lips. Leaving the teenagers blushing and the grown-ups to look the other way. Today's kids have no respect for their elders. After all that, they decided that enough time had passed, and so they stood up and started to make their way out of the inn. Walking through the market, laughing, and just enjoying the day for now. Suddenly, they heard an ominous but dangerous howl ripping through the town just outside the barrier.

Immediately on guard, they rushed to the place where it came from, but upon arrival, there were no one there. None of them took the chance of walking through the barrier, but they let their eyes take in their surroundings but could not spot anything or anyone. They walked  the barrier on the inside to see if they could spot anything but nothing, so they decided to go home.

When they reached their residence. They entered carefully but blew out a breath of relief when they found the alpha and omega in his human form. Congratulations went around immediately. The Lan children immediately went to where their newest sibling were peacefully sleeping in his crib. He was the cutest little pup they had ever seen.