Chapter 29

A-Ying, Lan Wangji and Boashan arrived at the outside of barrier and path that led to the burial mounds just after sunrise. They saw the young man standing a few feet away from them as resentful energy curled around him, a smug smile on his face. No one spoke what felt like for hours just staring at each other. The young man's eyes went from the alpha to omega, and lastly, it rested on Boashan. He made a tsk sound and shook his head lightly as amusement shone in his eyes.

Lan Wangji leans towards his mate and whispers softly in his ear.

"A-Ying, should we end this?."

He asked his mate, who nodded his head, their eyes never leaving the young, resentful man before them. They both, for a second, turned their heads towards their grandmother. A silent conversation was exchanged for a second, and she nodded her head before taking a few steps back. The young man watched their exchange with a sense of curiosity, dipping his head to the side. He is not going to lie to himself, though. These three people standing in front of him are very powerful, and that's why he had to make sure that he could weaken them enough before killing them.

"So, are we going to fight or not?."

The young man asked casually as he looked the alpha straight in his eye, ignoring the omega standing beside him. Red eyes met cold golden eyes before the alpha gave a small nod. Today is not about small talk but to finish this foolishness once and for all.

The resentful energy started to swirl heavily around the young man as he fell to his knees. Bones starting to break and pained screams filled the open field. Lan Wangji and the other two just watch waiting the man's transformation out. Yes, they could try and attack him, but they know that the resentful energy won't even let them close to the young man. After all, they have bonded and became one. Once the bone breaking had stopped before them stood an astrosity of a beast. It is all cloak in black and huge. It stood at least a few feet taller than wangji and Chenqing, that's for sure. His red eyes were shining with malicious, and the killing intent rolled of him in waves.

Lan Wangji and A-Ying waste no time in shifting into their wolf forms. For them, it was much easier as their wolf's had been a part of them since childhood. Once they had  shifted completely, the white and black wolf shook their fur out. Standing tall and imposing before the werewolf. It was still hard for Boashan to believe that Wen Rouhan could have turned a man into a werewolf, but here before her stood the proof of what the man had achieved.

The white wolf and black wolf took a few steps forward, their eyes piercing into those red orbes. Soon, red met red, and Chenqing dipped his head to the side as he stepped to the side as the white wolf stepped to the other side. They started to circling the black monstrosity, never taking their eyes off him. Low growls left their mouths. They moved as you would when you stalked your prey.

The werewolf knew that his only advantage in getting ahead was to attack first. He shot his paw out in an attempt to slap Chenqing, but he anticipated the attack because he was closest to the beast and jumped out of the way. Now that the werewolf's attention were on this mate the white wolf jumped forward and bodied him hard in the side making the werewolf flew his body hitting the trees on the opposite. Just then they both saw an opportunity and jumped the werewolf were he was still trying to shake the suprise attacked.

Just as the white wolf and black capitalize on the attack the resentful energy started to swirl dangerously and launched at them caughting them off guard and the resentful energy swirls around them and lifted them up and threw the two wolf's that their bodies made hard contact with the ground. A painful yelp left their mouths. The werewolf who by now had stood up immediately jumped the white wolf sinking his fangs into his fur and shook him not letting go until he tasted blood.