Chapter 28

Time skip

☠️☠️✨️✨️

Another three months had passed, and the time travelers were back in Yiling. They left the Cloud Recess determined to end this once and for all, promising the others that they would come say their goodbyes before they finally left for their own timeline and home.

It has been unusually quiet since their return back to the mansion. They have not seen or heard anything from their common enemy. That did not mean that they sat on their lowers. No, the alpha and omega practiced daily both in human and wolf form. They made their family promise not to participate in what's to come. This fight will be between them and this monster who try to kill their family.

The day before, the two would face the menace of a beast who has for the last two days been hammering against the wards. They do not know if he is attempting to break it down, which, of course, he won't be able to do or try to get their attention. The menace had sent fear through the townspeople with his constant banging and howling, and the time travelers would not allow it to continue any longer. Lan Wangji and A-Ying had talked with the rest of their family and came to the decision that all of them would depart to the Cloud Recess and stay there with Tiao until Lan Wangji and A-Ying would join them.

The only person who would stay behind with them would be Boashan. But you see, the thing about their little pup is he may be six months in human form, but his wolf was a completely different story altogether. As they were planning and talking, he took in everything they said, and he had already started planning on how to find his way back from the Cloud Recess.

Lan Wangji took his eldest Lan Fenhua to the side, and just as he was about to talk, they heard Tiao little voice and Lan Wangji looked over to where his mate was standing with him in his arms. When Tiao saw his father look their way, he stretched his little chubby arms out, indicating that he wanted to be held by his father.

"Ah, my little baby, you want to go to your A-die?."

A-Ying asked his son, who started to make exciting noises, and A-Ying looked over to where his mate and Fenhua were standing. Lan Wangji excused himself and went over and took Tiao into his arms, but not before A-Ying gave his baby a kiss on the forehead. A-Ying took Lan Min and the twins and stepped outside with them to have a talk also. Lan Wangji returned to where Fenhua was still waiting for him.

The alpha looked at his eldest son, and he could see the turmoil and stubbornness on his face and in his eyes. He knows that Fenhua wants to stay back and help with the upcoming fight between him, his mate, and the werewolf, but he will not allow it. He will not let any of his children get hurt, or god forbid maybe lose their lives. He made a promise to protect his mate and family, and that's what the alpha intended to do.

"Fenhua."

He said softly as he looked his son in his eyes.

"A-die, why can't I stay and help. You know that I am strong enough and that I can defend and look after myself."

Fenhua told his father with a serious frown on his face.

"I know, Fenhua, and that's exactly why we need you to go with shufu and shushu and the others. We need you to look after your siblings. Look after Tiao and keep them safe. If anything should happen, then at least me and your Baba will have peace of mind. That our children are safe and unharmed. Do you understand Fenhua?."

Lan Wangji spoke softly as he laid a hand on his sons shoulder. Tiao looked between the two men while chewing in his chubby fingers. His eyes went from one's face to the other.

"A-die what do mean?. If anything happens to the two of you. Nothing bad will happen, right? You will come back to us, and we will leave this world together to return to our own. Promise me that you both will come back to us or I am not going. I will stay right here and help the both of you fight that thing."