Chapter 14

Wen Zhuliu arrived in Yiling only to learn that the masters of the house weren't home. He walked to the nearest inn opposite the house and took a seat at the nearest table close to the door facing the street so he could have a better view when the family came home. The inn owner eyed him nervously before he moved and asked if he could get him anything to which Wen Zhuliu replied.

"Only a pot of tea, please."

The inn owner bowed and scrambled away to fill in his request. The owner came back and placed the tray in front of him, and he thanked the man just as the inn owner scrambled to get away. Wen never brought good news, the man thought as he gave one last look at Wen Zhuliu before he disappeared into the back.

Wen Zhuliu was the epitome of patience that even the inn owner was surprised. The man had been sitting in that same spot ordering just the occasional pot of tea and cakes. What or who he was waiting for remains a mystery to the inn owner, but he had caught him several times looking at the house sitting across from the inn. The owner knows the family who lives there. They are very lovely people, so what does this man want from them.

Wen Zhuliu's patience paid off late into the afternoon when he saw them arrive and enter the house. He waited a few more minutes before he stood up and went over to pay the inn owner. He also thanked him before he walked out of the inn and down the stairs. The inn owner walked after him and stopped in the doorway as he watched the man walk across the road. So he was waiting for the family to get back, and it seems the inn owner thought.

Wen Zhuliu walked up the pathway and lifted his hand to knock, but before he could, the door opened, and Lan Wangji stood in the doorway, giving him a cold look. Wen Zhuliu bowed and said.

"Second Young Master Lan, my master the chief cultivator, send me to extend an invitation to you and your family. He would like for Second Young Master Lan and his family to pay him a visit. "

Lan Wangji didn't answer him immediately, though, when he suddenly heard his mates voice coming closer.

"Lan Zhan, who is at the door... Oh.. What is this about?."

A-Ying asked his mate.

"We were invited for a visit by the chief cultivator. "

His mate answers.

"What did you say?".

A-Ying asked curiously.

"Haven't given an answer yet."

Wangji answers him.

"Well, Wen Zhuliu, you can tell the chief cultivator that we except."

A-Ying told Wen Zhuliu. He thanked them and left. They watched him before they closed the door and walked into the dining area.

"A-Ying?".

Lan Wangji asked his mate.

"The invitation would've come sooner or later, and you know it. He is curious, and so are we. We wanted an in, and now we got one. These people are going to come for us no matter what. You are still navigating our way in this world, but we also need to know what we will be facing. I have a feeling that many more are going to want to get to know us better, Lan Zhan. We are blind its time we start somewhere and see what is really going on. The three of us only know there would  be a war, and Wei Ying would've been at the center of it. Wei Ying wasn't the only one who would've used demonic cultivation. Someone else is using it. Also, Lan Zhan and we need to find out who."

A-Ying said to his mate.

"But we need to be careful. Ming already exposed her wolf, and we know sooner or later it will reach the wrong ears. These people don't have any honor. They will come for our children and us."