I think its time...

Henry and Ellie had been in a relationship for almost 2 years by this point and the war was getting worse by the months with 30 million already dead in India and Eastern Europe but Henry tried to ignore the fact that he could be conscripted into the US military but remained rather unfazed by it as he was slightly anxious about having to leave Ellie and Rosey on their own especially if Charles is brought into the war at the same time.

The thought of blood, anger and death all ran through his head but it sometimes just took him out of the real world and into his own imagination if the battle field getting shot in the head or getting stabbed by a bayonet against an enemy soldier. Ellie however not seeing the consequences of going to war comforted Henry and keeped him calm for the time being.

Henry seeing Ellie as his permanent soulmate he began to plot and think about a marriage and thought about the proposal ideas and he didnt think anymore about it but the general already was thinking ahead of Henry as he had something in store for them both as Charles had already told the General they will get married sooner or later and was most likely guessing around 2 months from now in 2024 but being rather inconclusive about it he believes that it will happen sooner or later than any time before that.

Paying for a wedding ring wasnt that much of a hustle after all Henry was a multi-millionaire with $150,000,000 stored away in many different areas.
Bit who was he to care all he wanted was a niceveedding ring for his girlfriend Ellie and to make it memorable for the rest of both if their lives. There were some small local jewelry stores around but they were rather more local and cheaper made with plastic and fake diamonds but Henry was rather more looking for a proper jewelry seller that sold real diamonds and gold rings that showed Henry wasnt cheap or simple.

Henry needed to think of the best timings and thoughts if doing it and the weather for a good Thursday was on the news with isolated showers and mostly partly cloudy sunshine. Seeing this opportunity he decides that the Thursday was the day he would propose to Ellie and finally get married which was what he waited for so long but making hope of Ellie saying yes was what he needed hope for this to work or otherwise all this planning and procedures were all nothing worthy.

However the generals plans wasnt going his way either as his idea for Henry's proposal was making tanks encircling them both in a love heart shape but because of WW3 kicking off he has had to export many of his tanks to Europe and Asia but now this left him in a shortage of good tanks for combatants at home and the idea he was thinking of.

Meanwhile, Ellie is still tending to the care of Rosey and she was quite needy to say so as feeding her was a hassle as she wanted lots but also needed many naps aswell. Ellie still enjoyed Rosey's needs as it kept her occupied unlike what it was like in the streets  nearly
a decade back when she was 15 years old.

But the war in Europe continued to worsened as Warsaw was taken by Russian forces and Finland joined NATO in the battle against them. Whilst India was now fighting Chinese troops in the panhandal territory where it is disputed with China. The Korean peninsula remains in a stalemate with high casualties coming in every day. With Taiwan's naval forces at the peak of their appearance in the south China sea Helping India fend off any Pakistani naval presence in the Arabian sea so they dont pull any special attacks on Southern India.

Henry having the ring as his perfect moment to shine but he couldn't do anything yet as Ellie wasnt to arrive until 4pm which as the time was only 1:30pm and was waiting very patiently. But time would take its toll as Ellie was still tending to Rosey who was now quieting down so Ellie could bring her to the Government military base for the first time ever in her life. Letting both the General and the other Soldiers see the baby which they were all waiting patiently for. Then Henry could pull his move and propose to Ellie what he was waiting for his entire life loving someone that wasnt his family.

The clock then ticks 3:45pm and rings loudly across the camp Charles was in his helicopter picking her up from home and when arriving told her to put something into block the sound coming from the Helicopter which was very loud to handle even normally. With in 10 minutes of time they arrived just after 4pm and all the soldiers were lining up with big grins and smiles saluting her as she walked down the gap they left for her to walk.

Even a couple of Soldiers were tearing up but the Corporals and Sergeants were telling them to stop being such a lunatic but many couldn't hold back and cried of happiness and cuteness of Rosey but then Henry was at the end of the line where Ellie swiftly made her way over to greet him and gave a little kiss where all the soldiers just started saying "awwwwww!" And Ellie giggled.

The General lucky enough, had just enough good tanks to use as the proposal stage for Henry and Ellie to get engaged on but he needed it to be quick and careful as these tanks weren't exactly quick nor clunky.

Ellie approaches Henry calmly as the Charles is holding Rosey but then out of no where the General orders the tanks to surround Henry and Ellie in a heart shape where Henry gets ready.

Henry:"So Uhhh... Ellie... I've had something I've wanted to say for a long time and it's been bugging me ever since we got together... so you know I love you and we will never part till death is upon us. So I just wanted to say..."

Henry kneels down on one leg...

Henry:"Ellie will you marry me?"

Ellies face was in an incomplete expression of shock and happiness her green eyes began to tear up and she let out the biggest word shes may let out in her entire life...

Ellie:"YES!"

They began to hug so tight that they were basically merging together and Henry put the Ring on Ellies ring finger and before long they were in a long and hard kiss which then Charles was tearing up all the other soldiers started shouting "Hurray!" And clapping In return aswell the General seeing so much of the decades he been alive he just gives a smile and claps for them. Truly the perfect proposal forever planned. Now Henry and Ellie could be together forever until death they part...

Slightly longer chapter, Sorry for not posting for a while been busy at school and other things see you in the  next chapter!