Wounded both ways...

After Ellie's recent struggles at home she just wanted to get Henry back home and with Rosey and their unborn child as Ellie was already in the Second Trimester of the pregnancy. Her morning sickness was beginning to disappear and this made her happy but she started getting cramps in her legs preferably her left leg and it was her weaker leg and sometimes the cramps were so painful that she could barely walk on it properly. Charles tried helping but it also became too much for him sometimes aswell.

Henry in Korea still the Allied Generals were planning their final assault to take the Capital of Pyongyang which would permanently destroy North Korea's security and Dictatorship to free the North Korean people who were suffering from oppression and starvation to all the world to see. Buildings were collapsed and destroyed and many famous landmarks like the largest flag pole in the world was taken by South Korean troops and they replaced it with their flag on it.

Henry had seen the poor people try to escape the frontlines of this devastating conflict and many bodies of both men and civilians everywhere on the floor. Henry saw this for himself and he both barely could hold hack tears of the dead because this man may if been a criminal in his past but he understood the consequences and costs of wars like these and both the guilty and innocent will die in wars like these.

On the frontlines, the war was becoming a stalemate because almost no side was making considerable progress yet and they were stuck in Trench warfare for a long time unless the Allies can launch a suprise attack that they were not ready for instead they would do aerial bombardments but instead they would do them in erratic patterns so they think it's normal aerial bombardments but then they would launch a full assault to take the city of Pyongyang with them. Which would most likely force North Korea to surrender and sue for peace either way.

Henry being a Sergeant himself he could operate a large proportion of an army at most a 100 men or so in an attack but if he wanted to become a higher ranking officer then he must prove his worth in battle by maneuvering a successful assault. At 5:00 am they would launch an attack on the North Koreans as they were just awakening from their sleep. They would be unprepared for the defence of their positions which to the high ranking officers would be the perfect plan to take Pyongyang.

Meanwhile across the Pacific Ocean Ellie was struggling at home like normal without help from her reliable husband Henry and being pregnant didnt make the matters easier. She had a heart of love but Henry had a growing heart or iron as he faced a war he never signed up for. Ellie was hoping for the baby to be a boy as they already had a girl Rosey. However the baby may come down with a disorder or certain condition because Henry and Ellie had intercourse only a few months after Rosey was born as you would normally have to wait 18 months for having the least chances of having that.

The Frontlines of the Korean peninsula was bloody and it was about to get a whole lot bloodie from the attacks that was about to happen. It was 4:55am and the attack was just 5 minutes away from kick off as this would be an over the top attack of the Trenches they dug out in a Classic WW1 style attack as the there was no other way to get past the North Korean forces around the city of Pyongyang. The Americans would launch the first attack and then the South Koreans would follow after as a diversion attack against them.

Henry as Sergeant would be leading his own regiment of troops on an attack. He loaded his Revolver with a few quick loaders in his pocket so he could reload when in the battlefield. And he drank his last sip of water as Korea wasnt exactly mild but rather warm he was sweating in his officer hat. Even though he doesn't have any hair. With his watch out reading the time. He readied himself and the regiment for the attack. It was just 30 seconds before time to charge all men had their bayonets attached to the end of their M16 rifles and were ready for battle. The Clock was ticking and as the seconds agonisingly past by it was time the clock struck 5 and immediately all officers including Henry blew their whistles over a the span of 200km across and immediately all men jumped up from their positions and charged across the muddy no man's land. The North Korean troops in their trenches were not yet alerted until reconnaissance had spotted thousands of troops running across the land with little time and space to prepare the North Koreans fumbled in making their defences complete.

Machine guns roared as the bullets from them blasted through the air. The Americans were beginning to be bogged down as many began to fall dead by gun fire and injuries. Henry had no fear ordering his regiment across the land. Many men had began to be injured or drop dead. Still the remaining men continued to fight fiercely for hours until fatefully. Henry felt a sharp pain in his Left Kidney. Blood gushing from the sight. Some of his men surrounded him and had proven the man had been shot from somewhere out there. Henry was in agony as he struggled to clot the wound and finally the medic arrived 10 minutes later and using his advanced training he stuffed the wound with cloth until he could stuff no more. Henry would no longer be able to maintain his regiment from the time being. He was carried back to a medic camp and was treated profusely. They had to do some minor stitches as the medics had to grab a pair of tongs to grab the 12mm bullet because it was stuffed deep into his Kidney.

The rest of the men would continue to charge and the attack on Henry's side would become a success attack as thousands of North Korean soldiers surrendered theirselves to the Allies.
Henry would take a long time before he could be able to properly attend the frontlines again and his regiment was given to the second in command a Young Corporal only 19 years old. Ellie didnt know of Henry's injury but she continued her mornings and days despite being in pain and agony. The war was still far from over...

Great Chapter! See you in the next one!