Rise of the Snakes

•••

•••

Cold air kissed the bare areas of my body. The crisp smell caused my nostrils to flare at the smell.

Light glared down into my eyes piercing the pitch black of my eyelids.

“Green mistress.” An aged voice gently called.

The blackness surrounding me slowly started fizzling out allowing the sun to make its way into my line of sight.

“Sun.” My voice was rather rough as I named the brightest thing.

“Green Mistress!” A female voice calls louder.

This time a yellow head rose into view. Short black hair framed the blocky-shaped head.

Simpson style?

A name popped from my mouth faster than I could stop it, “Nya.”

Who would have thought, a dream about a show I haven't watched since childhood?

The girl above me gasps, turning in another direction, “You heard that?! She really is the prophecy!”

“Prophecy?” The word came out muffled as I wiped the lower half of my face. “What is going on?”

I've never had this much feeling in a dream. The fact that I can even will myself to move how I want. Lucid dreaming?

“Lego Ninjago?” I rasp out, dragging my hand through the strands on my head.

A white dress fitted my body, and a bohemian type of style fell towards my ankles.

“Green Mistress.” Sitting up slowly I glanced at the elder man looking at me.

Yellow skin, blocky, rounded head, a long white beard…

“Master Wu?”

Okay, so maybe a Lego Ninjago-themed dream. That would make sense. Rolling my shoulder I cracked the joints that felt rusted.

A wooden padded bedding sat under me, holding me above the ground of some kind of dojo. Practice equipment was all over the place, as a recreation of the show.

“You must not move so much, the ceremony has recently taken place,” Wu answers, setting his hands on my shoulders.

Not real hands, but instead their ‘U’ shaped blocky hands.

My hands are human-like… 5 fingers. Scrunching my face I gently sat my hand on his feeling the texture of his yellow skin.

More like plastic.

Makes sense I suppose, the bodies match how the show originally looked.

“Ceremony? What ceremony?”