Ninjaball Run

•••

•••

Cupping my hands around my teacup, I sipped on it while watching the newest lesson.

Lloyd was upside down and using one hand to support himself.

“Focus.” Wu instructs, pouring some tea for himself, “In order to bear the fate of Ninjago on your shoulders, you must first learn to bear the weight of all of us.”

Okay, well, Lloyd supporting himself would be an understatement,  Lil dude was supporting the whole team, balancing them on top of his feet.

Pretty symmetrical in a pyramid sense, Zane on top of Lloyd's feet while holding Kai and Jay in his arms, and Cole standing on his head. Wu was on top of Cole's shoulders.

Talk about cool.

Lloyd's eyes focused on my state, okay well- he has been for a good minute. I've just been trying to ignore it.

Stop looking at me.

I took another sip of my drink, watching his eyes dart around the room instead, his balance becoming more strained.

“Focus.” Wu follows my lead in drinking.

Lloyd's gaze returned back to me.

Find something else to focus on, you weirdo.

“I'm trying!” He mutters through clenched teeth.

Jay’s voice came out as a stutter, “Sensei, I'm starting to think this was a bad idea.”

“Yeah, Sensei, he's just a kid.”

Wu shook his head, “In order for him to succeed, we must all trust one another.”

Seeing something through the window, i lean over, peering around the pyramid.

A literal wrecking ball slams into the wall, the impact sends the boys falling into the ground.

Lloyd somehow managed to land the back of his head in my lap.

You somehow planned your landing, didn't you?

“maybe.” He mutters, looking up into my face, “I really like your outfit today.”

“Thank you. I went out yesterday to buy it.” My fingers reached down to pinch his cheek, “don't think you can get out of conversations just by complimenting me, you sly fox.” I joke seeing his face scrunch in pain.

“It seems to work on you.” He responds back, with a grin, shocking me.

Yo… he's growing up a bit too fast. Someone needs to stop this.

“WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!!” The loud voice of Dareth knocked me out of whatever we were talking about. “This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow!

Lloyd groaned as I pushed his head off of me to stand up.