4 flowers

We made it to my high rise apartment in this bad weather. I hurried to get to my apartment because her clothes were literally dripping! I unlocked the door to my place and led her to the bathroom. Milo began barking, but I'll deal with him later.

"You have a wonderful apartment..."

"Thank you. I'm trynna move into a house right now,"

"Why?"

"I just want something simple. I don't know..."

"I love this decor,"

"Thanks. I don't really let a lot of people up here. Here is a shirt and some shorts and a towel to dry off. When you're done, you can put your clothes in this bin and I'll go and wash them for you,"

"Thank you so much. You really don't have to do this,"

"It's the least I can do. And don't worry—ain't no cameras in here or none," I joked.

"Okay," she giggled.

I left her alone to get situated and I went and changed into a more comfortable outfit. A tank and some joggers. Nothing too special.

Having company over was a bit weird, but it was worth it. I like to be alone so this was still a new tasks for me. Having to contain myself in my own house because I have a stranger over. That is wild! Well, I don't mind Zuri considering her circumstances. I just didn't want her out there in the rain and cold like that.

I checked in on Milo and made sure he was straight. I took him out to use the litter box I bought him and took him out to eat his food. Let him have some freedom.

I turned on the tv and went to watch a movie on Apple TV. I got bored of searching for some to watch so I went to YouTube and clicked on a random video.

Do I wanna cook something? Or do I wanna order something? Maybe I'll get some stuff out the fridge—

"These shorts may be a big too big, but I tied them up, so they'll have to do," she said, standing on the wall. Milo walked over to her and started to sniff her. She giggled and pat him on his back.

She looks so cute right now. I don't even know what to say.

"Are you comfortable?"

"Yes, I am. Better than that outfit I had on,"

"You can sit down and I'll put your clothes in the washing machine,"

"Okay,"

She went over to the sofa and sat down and crossed her legs. I can tell she was still shy, but imma fix that. I took the bin and I dumped it in the machine and began washing. I really could dry her clothes, but the clothes will stink from the water and rain water is not good. Anyways, I turned it to the proper setting and went back in the living room.

Milo went and sat down in front of her.

"Thanks again for washing my clothes,"

"Oh, you don't have to keep thanking me. It's just a kind gesture,"

The rain was still pouring down outside and I think it was gonna rain all day and night. I hope she's gonna wanna stay here for a while because it is bad out there. Another boom of thunder went off and it damn near knocked the electricity out! Milo jumped up and barked like someone was breaking in.

"Damn! It's getting bad out there," I said.

"Right! I don't wanna impose and stay here—"

"I mean, from the looks of it, you may be with me for the rest of the day,"

"Dang..." she said, looking back outside.

Before you know it, the power went out. FUCK!

"Of fucking course!" I said.

"Well, this is fun," she giggled.

"You sure do giggle a lot,"

"Just a way to ease the mood,"

I walked over to the sofa and sat next to her. She turned to me and she had a smile on her face. She's always so happy. Why?

"You seem like a happy person,"

"Well, don't get me wrong, I do have my days, but I just live in the moment, you know? Like, I forget life is kicking my ass and I just need to be reminded that we all need a break. What better way to do that than smiling and giggling? It's important that we keep ourselves sane,"

"I never thought of it like that,"

"Many people don't. So, how long have you been at your job?"

"Like three years. I like it and I don't know if I would choose another job over this one. Before this gig, I was in the military for a lil minute and then I left and got a job as a mechanic. Wasn't til I realized I knew a lot about cars and now I'm here,"

"Did you like the military?"

"It wasn't for me, but my mom clowned me when I had second thoughts so I was thugging it out for a while,"

"I don't blame you for changing your mind. It don't really hit you until you're actually there in action,"

"And that's exactly how it was. It wasn't for me. What about you?"

"Well, I was writing books for a minute...but I got invested in Justin's dreams and kind of forgot about my passion. I would go back and brainstorm time to time, but nothing. The only job I ever had was at this grocery store, but I got with Justin, he started making big money, moved in together and all focus was on him,"

"What type of books did you write. I'm more interested in that,"

"I wrote romance books, mystery, girl talk, journals...anything that related to people. I really enjoyed that. I'll journal here and there, but never a full book like used too. I used to sell them,"

"I wanna read them one day,"

"I mean, you can I just have to get back to it,"

"You should have never stopped. Anything you love to do, never stop doing that. If you ever feel like you can't be yourself around someone, maybe they aren't meant to be around,"

"I just wanted him to know I was there for him,"

"You should not have to beg for a man's attention. He knows what the hell he doing. He left you in the cold rain! He's dead wrong. But it's okay. You're warm and you're safe now,"

"Yeah. I'm stressed, tired, exhausted..."

"You can go in my bed and lay down—if u want,"

"Sure. I just need some rest!"

I led her to my bedroom and she quickly got in the bed. I got her all tucked in as she was already falling asleep. I didn't wanna be a creep and watch her fall asleep, so I went back in the living room. I was there with Milo watching YouTube, but soon after, I started to get sleepy. Was it the rain?