11 flowers

Zuri was in the kitchen making some food. She hadn't heard back from Duke in a minute, so she assumed he was probably resting. Zuri feelings for Duke are mutual, the only thing is that Justin is in the way. She doesn't know how to break things off with him because that's the only guy she's been with. Justin came back home with a bunch of flowers and all of Zuri's favorite foods. He sat them down on the counter and presented Zuri with the flowers.

"Here..."

"What's this?" She asked.

"Flowers...for you,"

"I love them..."

"Yeah, I thought I'd do something since you've been stressed lately—"

"You've had more than enough time to do that. I guess the guilt is getting to you more and more, isn't it?"

"I almost killed a guy...I realized what I've been doing was wrong and I'm sorry. Are you ever gonna accept my apology?"

"I don't know. You threw me pretty hard and dragged me like a rag doll. Are you being good because you're caught? Or because you're a grown man?"

"Because I know I made some mistakes,"

"Yeah, okay. I don't hate you, Justin. I just hate that you've been treating me like an outcast and like I wasn't there for you. That's shit hurts me deep down inside. Now you finally wanna do me right. I don't know if it's genuine,"

"It is genuine. I love you! I know I had trouble showing it and I got carried away. There's no excuse for my actions and I can only change the future,"

"I love you too, Justin,"

"Well...it's been long enough and...I wanna keep you in my life forever. Zuri...I have made my decision,"

"On what?" She said, sipping her juice.

"On our relationship,"

He got down on one knee and pulled out a box. He opened it and there was a shining ring ready to be put on a finger. Zuri choked on her juice as she was astonished.

"I know it's been long overdue, but I want us to finally move on to the next level in our relationship. Zuri...will you marry me?"

Duke or Justin? Zuri's mind was racing. She didn't know what to do. She was stuck.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I made it back home and made sure Milo was good. Micheal had been watching him since I was gone. I texted Zuri back and sending voice messing what happened. I called Naomi to make sure she was okay. She told me what happened when I was upstairs and it made me even more mad. He's just pathetic and will never prevail in life.

A couple hours have passed and I haven't heard back from Zuri. Maybe she's busy or asleep. I'm about to go to sleep too matter of fact. Just as I was getting ready for bed, I get a phone call and it's Zuri.

"Hello?"

"Hey..."

"Hey, wassup?"

"Nothing. I heard your messages, man. Damn, that's fucking horrible. Looks like you're going through a lot right now,"

"I am. This is why I can't stand his ass. Then my sister had to go off on his ass and shit. He even said he wasn't gone pay for the surgery,"

"Oh, that's just down bad wrong! Fuck is his problem? What ever he got going on with you has nothing to do with your mom,"

"It's whatever. Whatever my mom needs, imma give it to her! She ain't gotta worry about his ass no more. Enough about me though. What's up with you?"