6 flowers

As I was taking her home, she wanted to play some music. I let her play her favorite songs and have some free time to herself. I didn't wanna be the judge of what she listens to no matter how weird it may be. I can tell with me she gets to be free and be alive. I'm starting to worry about what goes on behind closed doors. Like is it more than what she's telling me? I hope not. Looking at her, I can tell there's a deep sense of sadness behind all of this excitement. I won't get into that now, but maybe tomorrow.

I reached her house and pulled up in the driveway. I didn't see a car here, so Justin must be gone. She took a sigh of relief and smiled. She shook her head as she was taking her seat belt off.

"I had so much fun with you, Duke. I cannot wait for tomorrow,"

"I had a great time with you too, even though we didn't do much,"

"I just like quality time is all..."

"Well, imma let you get in the crib and...how about you just text my number and we can talk?"

"Wow! Geez! If only I had it," she said sarcastically.

"You ain't gotta do all that. Imma give it to you,"

We exchanged numbers and I told her to text me when she is settled in the house. Also, to let me know if Justin is home. It's been a few minutes and she texted me to let me know she was fine and Justin is not home. I replied back and proceeded to leave her house.

Now that I got her number, we can talk privately now. I know she is still in a relationship and it's not right for me to entertain her, but she isn't complaining. Obviously, she isn't happy with her boyfriend anyway. I think I'm doing good by showing her what real happiness is with a man. I told myself I wasn't going to get involved with anyone right now, but for some reason that is slowly changing. I think I could give this a shot.

BZZ BZZ BZZ

"Hello?"

"Kai broke his leg again," Naomi said.

"What the fuck? How the fuck he do some shit like that—what the fuck was ya doing?"

"He was trynna do a backflip off that wall and uh...things got ugly real quick," she said, looking back at Kai.

"AHHHH! Call the ambulance!" He screamed.

"I tried to stop him,"

"When is the ambulance coming?" I asked.

"They are on the way. I was also calling to let you know that dad called,"

"For what?"

"He wants to see you..."

"I said no! I don't wanna see him or talk to him. No,"

"Duke—"

"No! He knows what he did and that's final. I tried having a relationship with that man and wasn't nothing getting done. There was no progress. Why are you still talking to him?"

"I don't like drama and I just moved on. Plus, he gives me money. He seems to be doing much better though,"

"I don't care. Tell him I'm outta town or some shit,"

"He wants to tell you about his new life,"

"What about his new life?"

"Well for one, he's married now—"

"Okay! I've heard enough,"

"Wait!"

I hung up the phone and placed it on DND. Me and my dad have no relationship at all. He's just a manipulator and an overall loser. I can't stand to be around the man at all and things just aren't the way he makes the shit seem. He don't know how to talk to people, he don't know how to treat people, he just doesn't know how to be a man and that bothers me! He's a coward and a liar. Simple.

~~~~~~

"Yes! He the sweetest man ever, Ivy!" Zuri said.

"Damn right , he better be! Ya plan on taking ya relationship further?"

"It's not a relationship. It's a building friendship right now. Tomorrow at the pumpkin patch, hopefully we get to know even more about one another. I can tell imma have so much fun with him,"

"I haven't heard you this happy in years, Zuri. And you just met the guy,"

"I'm just happy someone wants to do the shit I do. Justin is always busy and he never had time for me. Actually, he doesn't try to make time for me. I'm getting sick of him. I love my Justin with all my heart, but he's making it so hard! Eight years are slowly going down the drain! We've been together since we were 19! We've been friends since forever! I just hate how shit is going,"

"I do too, but he asked for it! It's his fault he doesn't wanna give u any attention. Don't beat yourself up! I say go for this Duke guy instead,"

"I don't know, Ivy. It's hard..."

"I understand. But I wouldn't be surprised if Justin is seeing someone else either. So to me, you're good. But before ya, you know, do anything, break things off with Justin,"

"I have to think about it. But, I will think this through. Right now, we're friends,"

"Good. I wanna see you happy and I know things are rough right now,"

"There are rough. Ugh! I just need one good night that will make up for my sadness. Just have some fun,"

As they were talking on the phone, keys started to dangle by the front door. Justin has made it home.

"I gotta go. Justin is home. I'll call you later,"

"Okay,"

Justin opened the door and slammed it shut. He seemed upset about whatever happened. He tossed his keys on the kitchen counter and flopped on the bar stool. He put his head in the palm of his hands and cursed.

"Shit!"

"What's wrong?"

"Everything! I fired my accountant today because I'm missing over $300,000! On top of that, my camera broke while filming today, and Sky has a boyfriend!"

"...Why does it bother you that Sky has a boyfriend?"

"Because we can't make any content like that. She didn't even tell me she had one,"

"Do you like Sky or something?"

"No. You not still made about what happened are you?"

"Justin, as your girlfriend, yes I am still mad,"

"Girl, please. I saw you on the ring camera getting out of someone's car. Who was that?"

"A friend. Why? You jealous?"

"Hell nah. But you can't have no man dropping you off at my house,"

"OH! But you sat there and let Sky flirt with you while I was there! You're so full of shit, Justin! And what you mean your house? We both got this house! You feeling yourself?"

"I'm the breadwinner in all of this,"

"Oh, I get it. Take the light off me and all the support that I gave you, right? Just throw me under the bus!"

"And I thank you for that—"

"Justin, I'm getting real tired of this behavior. I don't know how long imma continue to do this with you,"

"Oh, don't be like that. I'm just frustrated,"

"Well, don't take it out on me! You stress me out!"

"Can you just tell me who was in the car?"

"No. I'm going to bed,"