20 yes's

March 2024

It is the day of my wedding day and I am nervous. I am getting married to my beautiful fiancée , the love of my life. As I stand here in my suit, waiting for the ceremony to begin, my mind is filled with a mix of emotions. Excitement, joy, and anticipation are all swirling inside me, but there is also a twinge of nervousness that I can't seem to shake off. I have dreamed about this day for as long as I can remember and now that it's finally here, I can't believe it. I never thought I would find someone who truly completes me, but then I met her. She is everything I could have ever wanted in a partner - kind, loving, and supportive. I am grateful every day that she chose me to be her husband. As I look around at the decorations and the smiling faces of our friends and family, I am reminded of all the moments that have led up to this day. From the first time we met to the first date, the proposal, and all the ups and downs we've faced together, I know that we are meant to be together. And yet, as I wait for her to walk down the aisle, I can't help but feel a wave of nerves wash over me. Will I be a good husband? Will I make her as happy as she makes me?

~30 minutes earlier~

I sat in the room, frantically walking back and forth. Am I good enough? Am I ready? Fuck, man!

"Duke! What's going on? You need to be out there in 10 minutes!" Michael said.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. This was it, the day I had been waiting for my whole life. The day I would finally marry the love of my life, my soulmate, my everything. But as the time drew closer, my anxiety only grew stronger. What if I messed up my vows? What if I tripped while walking down the aisle? What if I didn't look good enough for her? These thoughts raced through my mind, causing me to doubt myself and my abilities.

"I just can't believe this is happening," I said to Michael, my best man and brother. "I've dreamt about this day for so long, and now that it's here, I'm terrified."

Michael gave me a reassuring smile and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You've got this, man. You and Zuri are meant to be together, and nothing can change that. Remember why you're doing this, and let that love guide you."

"I didn't think I was gonna do this! I thought I was good! How can I hold like this?"

"Duke, you are the man right now! Everybody out there is waiting for you. Zuri is worried! Your family is confused! You're the best man a woman could ask for and the best brother I could ask for from another mother. You're better than this, man! You're strong, majestic, charismatic, intelligent, and courageous. The only thing that matters tonight is you and your wife...think about that. I know you're nervous, but that will all go away once you're locking eyes with Zuri. Don't beat yourself up. Come on, man,"

His words gave me a sense of calm and clarity. He was right, I needed to focus on the love that brought us together and let that guide me through the nerves. I took one last deep breath before heading out to the ceremony.

As I stood at the altar, waiting for Lily to walk down the aisle, my heart was filled with so much love and happiness. I knew that no matter what happened, this was where I was meant to be. And as she walked towards me, a vision of beauty in her white dress, I couldn't help but smile and feel a sense of peace wash over me.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. This was it, the day I had been waiting for my whole life. The day I would finally marry the love of my life, my soulmate, my everything. But as the time drew closer, my anxiety only grew stronger. What if I messed up my vows? What if I tripped while walking down the aisle? What if I didn't look good enough for her? These thoughts raced through my mind, causing me to doubt myself and my abilities.