16 flowers

I found myself in the media lately. These blogs are giving me a platform and I'm not used to this, but I am with Zuri. This is all new, like how does she deal with this? The fans have found my social media started to follow me everywhere! This is becoming too much. I even saw some comments, talking about some "oh he just with her for clout" what the fuck is ya even talking about? Real talk, bruh! It's like a whirlwind of attention that I never asked for, but somehow landed in. I never imagined that my private life would become public fodder for the masses. Zuri has been a rock throughout this madness, showing me how to navigate this new world with grace and poise. The constant scrutiny and judgment from strangers has left me feeling exposed and vulnerable in ways I never anticipated. The sudden influx of followers and comments has made me question the authenticity of my relationships and the intentions of those around me. It's a surreal experience that I am still trying to make sense of, all while trying to stay true to myself amidst the chaos.

"Baby girl?"

"Yes?"

"Uh, I've been getting too much attention lately. It's like I'm blowing up overnight,"

"You know how blogs are once they find out some shit,"

"Type shit. Some people saying I'm with you for clout,"

"They don't know what they're talking about. Just ignore them, babe. So, are you ready for today?"

"Actually, now I'm kind of nervous,"

"What? All that stuff you were talking about how your family is gonna love me and now you're nervous? I should be the one nervous!" She shouted.

"I know, but I don't know what they may say or think, like it's a new experience for me in a long time,"

"Duke, just relax. Let's just breathe and calm our nerves. Everything is gonna be okay! I'll just be myself and be respectful. Besides, it's just your mom and your sister, right?"

"And my grandmother,"

"Oh..."

"What's wrong?"

"It's one thing to meet the mom, but the grandmother? That's a different story. Now I'm nervous,"

"That's why I got nervous too. My mom ran her mouth and said she wanted me to introduce you to my grandma. I don't mind, it's just that I wasn't really ready, but my grandma said she would love to meet you,"

"Well, let me be on my best behavior,"

"I know it's last minute, but it would really mean a lot to me if you would just give into it,"

"I am. Who doesn't love the grandmother's? I've been preparing for the day I get to meet your family and today is that day and one step closer to your heart,"

"Another step deeper in my heart,"

I grabbed her hands and kissed the back of it. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and we both started out the door. Milo is out with Michael for the week, so I have some free time.

On the drive to my mother's house, my heart was pounding. I didn't know what to expect at all. I haven't brought a girl around my family in three years and I'm not sure what it will bring this time. We made it to my mom's house and I took a deep breath. Zuri was all giggly inside and was ready to meet everybody. Well, if she's cool, then I'm cool. I got out the car and walked over to let her out. I grabbed her hand and guided her to the front door. As we approached the entrance, I couldn't help but wonder how my family would react to her, hoping that they would see what I saw in her - a kind and genuine person.