15 flowers

It's been two months since Zuri and I have been working on building our relationship. We aren't together yet, but I know when it's time, it's time. I ain't no bull shitting ass nigga neither, so no need for all the extra shit. When I say Imma do something, I do it. Anyway, since we've been seeing each for all this time, I never really got a chance to have her around my family. I know my mom was mad at her a couple of months ago and all, so she may be hesitant. If I'm going to be with a girl, I have to have her meet my mom and sister. We've talked about it a couple of times, but nothing really went far with it. Right now we are at the park, sitting down watching the sun go down.

"This is beautiful, Duke," she said.

"Yeah. I used to come here and just sit down and watch the sun go down and take pictures of the sunset. Peaceful and relaxing. It's important that we all take time out for ourselves and get back to reality; touch some grass and enjoy life,"

"I couldn't agree more. You know I've been the happiest person since meeting you,"

"I make you the happiest?"

"You have allowed me to be myself and do things that I find fun and comforting. The fact that you do the things with me makes us connect more. I love you for that," she said, taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"You bring so much joy and happiness into my life too. I didn't think I'd be investing my time into someone this year, real talk though. It was gonna be a regular year for me. You came along and snatched me away with your charisma and outgoing personality. Did you start back writing?"

"I actually did! I've been working on a few things here and there. Thanks to you,"

"You gone show me what you got?"

"Not right now. I wanna finish at least one of them and have you read. I'm a bit rusty right now, but I'm going to get back on track soon,"

"See how you don't have to worry about putting your dreams on hold? Don't ever let anything or anyone hold you back from your dreams and aspirations,"

"I know that now..."

"I think it's time that we meet each other's parents—"

"Why?"

"Isn't that what we're supposed to do?"

"Yeah, but your mom probably doesn't like me still,"

"She is over that! I doubt she's even mad for that,"

"I don't know. She was pretty upset. You think she really wants to meet me?"

"Yes! Christmas is almost here and I want you to be comfortable around my family and I wanna be comfortable around yours,"

"The only person you'll probably meet is my mom, my brothers, and my friend,"

"Same. You'll just meet my mom and sister, but the right way this time,"

"I'm just nervous. I don't know what they'll think,"

"They will love you! You're the most bubbly person I know, Zuri. I'm pretty sure they will love you,"

"What about your dad?"

"I don't think you're gonna meet him. I really don't want you too..."

"Okay. Well...I guess I can take that step and meet your mom and sister again. It'll be a like a do over,"

"Yeah,"

~~~~~~~~

Justin was devastated by his break up with Zuri. He saw the blogs that she was out with someone new and of course it was Duke. They haven't really been talking about their relationship status, but people have caught wind of it. Zuri and Duke didn't care about the comments or the blogs, but Justin did. He knew his reputation was at risk by the way he treated her and he didn't want people to feel sorry for him either at the same time. He wanted Zuri to be happy, but with him. He tossed his phone on the couch and laid on the opposite end of the couch and sighed.

He felt like his life was over. He lost his girl, his fans since they saw his behavior online, and his dignity. He still had a fan base and he was doing good for himself, but nothing compared to the love Zuri had for him. He started to drink a little more and sit in the house all day. He couldn't function with the fact that Zuri was with someone new. He had no choice but to accept his fate and let her go to where she was wanted. The decision was hard, but he had no choice. Sky was always with her boyfriend and hadn't been talking to Justin like she was before. Justin was alone and depressed.

The way people were attacking Justin left and right was effecting his mental state. He couldn't take the pressure of the backlash.

"I'm fucked up, man," he stressed.