Step by Step

Licking her lips, Moonbyul tried to keep calm before responding.

Mr. Moon didn't move an inch. He was waiting for his answer.

__ What do you mean, Dad? Apart from being our neighbor, she is my boss.

The man sighed and was straight to the point:

__ I saw the way you look at her. Do you have a crush on Yongsun ssi?

Seeing no way out, the girl responded firmly:

__ She is extremely attractive and a nice person. I find it hard for someone who doesn't have a crush on her.

__ Byul-yi...You're just a girl. That is a sophisticated woman. I know she is gentle and that may confuse someone as inexperienced as you, but...be careful not to cross a line. Or not to become delusional. I'm not telling you this because I was interested too. I just don't want my daughter with a broken heart. That woman is way out of our league.

The young girl patted her father's back and smiled:

__ Don't worry about me, Dad. I'm good. And I am glad you opened your eyes about your chances.

__ Good that we had the talk.__ The older man smiled back and went upstairs.

Moonbyul's grandmother went to the living room sipping some tea and smirked at the blonde girl before saying:

__ He took after your grandfather with that slow mind.

__ Hehehehheee Granny, you're so funny.__ Moonbyul was afraid of her old nana sometimes.

Mrs. Moon sat on the sofa with her legs crossed and continued:

__ It's still a bit confusing for me about this lesbian thing. Even though now that I think about it, most of the things we considered girls being friendly with each other back in the day were, in fact, gay activities. And I may or may not have been kissed and caressed a couple of times.

__Seriously, grandma? Hehehehehee Oh my God!__ The girl cracked up.

Sipping a bit more tea, the lady checked if her son was still upstairs and whispered:

__ It's not one-sided. She is crazy about you. That woman is in your hands. You make a cute couple.

Widening her eyes, Moonbyul murmured:

__ You think so? I am so afraid that she just wants what she doesn't have. Ermm... Forget it, granny. We're not a couple.

Mrs. Moon smiled:

__ Yet. And I don't think any of you can hold it any longer.

__ Dad is gonna freak out. I don't want him blaming her.

The older woman tapped the seat next to her as the granddaughter joined her.

__ He isn't. I decided to stay for a while, and I am going to make that brain work. Just do your thing with care. I'll handle that old fool.

Moonbyul glanced at her grandmother with her eyes full of gratitude and surprise:

__ I feel so ashamed that I had the wrong impression of you, granny. I am sorry.

__ Don't be. I didn't use to be that wise. Life teaches us things.

The young girl hugged the white-haired lady:

__ Thank you so much! And I am glad you are here because I missed you.

___ x ___

Wheein got back home in a very depressed mood.