Going down

Moonbyul sneaked out of the house early in the morning and went to the university.

All the teachers and even colleagues were shocked by the girl's weight loss.

The 22-year-old girl was also wearing messy clothes and her blonde hair needed to be retouched urgently.

Wheein's jaw dropped the moment she saw her best friend.

The dark spots under the taller girl's eyes were huge.

Moonbyul's face showed a clear lack of sleep and an excess of tears.

The younger girl, who had died her hair brown because keeping it blue would ruin it, caressed the blonde's back and whispered:

__ I missed you.

Even Moonbyul's voice sounded different:

__ Me too...

__ I'm sorry I didn't do anything to help you...__ Wheein was clearly feeling bad.

The older girl forced a smile and declared:

__ There was nothing you could do about it.

__ What happens now?

Moonbyul got quiet for a while until she finally said:

__ I don't know. I want to work, to finish my studies... Even though I have zero motivation. I also don't know if they will take me back to the magazine.

__ Why wouldn't they? You did nothing wrong.

The taller girl explained seriously:

__ Well, Hyejin is not a bad person, but she has her priorities quite established. And it's been months. I don't know what Yongsun is thinking.

__ Yong adores you. I'm sure she is ready to fight for you.__ Wheein stated with a sweet smile.

For some reason, that didn't sit well in Moonbyul's mind. So she decided to change the subject.

__ What about Hyejin? How are things between you two?

Shrugging, the shorter girl said in a non-excited tone of voice:

__ Like always. There was never anything between us. And probably never will.

__ That doesn't sound like Jung Wheein.

Wheein stared at the distance:

__ Sometimes we have to accept our defeats, Byul-yi. I never tried so hard before. Hyejin wants me. But her inner demons, her own prejudice against her desires, keep on the way. If a person rejects us, we gotta let them go.

Taking a deep breath, the blonde nodded and agreed:

__ You're probably right.

__ By the way, how did you come here?

The older one replied:

__ By subway. Why?

__ Yong lent me her car. I can give you a ride to the magazine if you want.

Moonbyul exclaimed:

__ I do. I really do.

__ Alright. I have some extra clothes in the trunk. You might wanna make a change.

Glancing at herself, Moonbyul murmured:

__ I look like crap, don't I?

The younger girl hesitated but ended up agreeing.

__ Not crap but... not so good.

The taller girl accepted the clothes and went inside the University to change them.

The woman next doorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें