Through the window

The party ended very late, and Yongsun apologized for leaving Moonbyul for so long.

The girl murmured that she understood and the older woman just thought that her lover was tired.

They drove back home, and the blonde wished goodnight without exchanging kisses with the hot neighbor, which rang a warning bell to Yongsun that something might not be right.

As they could be seen by any neighbor, the mature woman hesitated about going after the handsome girl, and that resulted in a very frustrating and uneasy night of sleep for both.

Early in the morning, the brunette kept checking through the living room window to see if the I.T. technician wouldn’t drop by to pick up Wheein. However, the blue-haired girl got down the stairs in a hurry, screaming that she was gonna be late.

Although Yongsun was worried, she decided to be patient and let the younger girl contact her. After all, they would meet later in the company.

What the short-haired woman didn’t expect was getting a simple text from Moonbyul, saying she wouldn’t go to work.

It was past noon when the I.T. technician informed her about her absence and Yongsun’s concern reached the roof.

At first, the brunette thought about canceling all her schedules to go see the blonde. Nonetheless, Hyejin stopped her and forced her to snap out of that energy.

Not that being called out by her best friend had any effect.

As soon as their business meeting through Skype with New York investors was over, the black-haired woman called Moonbyul.

After four or five failed attempts, Yongsun called the Moons’ residential number, and the grandma answered it.

__ Hello, Mrs. Moon. I am sorry to disturb you. I am very worried about Byul-yi. She never missed a day of work. And she is not answering the phone.

Clearing her throat, the old lady spoke almost secretly:

__ Ah, hello. Yongsun ssi, right?

__ Yes, that’s me. How rude of myself not to inform who was speaking...

The grandma asked:

__ Don’t worry, dear. I was just making sure. Anyway... Did you and my Byul-yi have any....fight?

Yongsun noticed the hesitation and the implied meaning of that question.

__ No, Mrs. Moon. Actually, we had a lot of fun at a party yesterday. When I brought her home, Byul-yi seemed a bit odd, but I thought it was because of exhaustion.

__ Hmmm... She missed a class in the morning, apart from missing work. I tried to check if she was okay, but this stubborn baby softly kicked me out. I could tell she had cried. The only explanation I find is... you did something. But if you don’t know...

The short-haired- woman got even more worried. She had no idea why her girl was suffering, and that was not okay.

__ I promise I would never harm Byul-yi on purpose, Mrs. Moon. She is very important to me. I am about to throw everything to go running and beg to speak to her.

__ I don’t think this is a wise move, Yongsun ssi. Even my son would realize there is something.... unusual in your relationship with Byul-yi.

Yongsun sounded desperate:

__ But I gotta know what’s going on. And make her stop crying...

__ You finish your work and I’ll convince her to pay you a visit after dinner. My son doesn’t know she has been home all day, and he doesn’t need to. This way, things will seem natural. A young girl visiting her best friend as usual. __ The old lady suggested.