Chapter 40

Hi guys!! Guess who failed the sat :) 
it's all good I'm gonna take it again later but good lord lemme tell you if you're taking it soon STUDY. because the online one is so much harder than the paper one.

anyway, enjoy!

< ~ >

A week of stress and worry passes before Hongjoong and Wooyoung are off to see their dad. They waited until a 4-day weekend so that they could stay with their mom, San tagging along as well. Wooyoung's mom had planned to make sure that they were in a safe environment, for both her sons and San. She was also worried about seeing her ex-husband for the first time in so many years and having such a rough breakup as well. Once they met it was the definition of traumatic for all of them. Wooyoung was a complete mess once they saw each other and wasn't even able to talk to him. Hongjoong just yelled at him until his voice started breaking. He tried to explain to them how he never meant to harm them and all of that bullshit but they all saw through it. Every word out of his mouth was met with an eye roll by someone and eventually, it was too much for him to take. Their dad agreed to leave and not contact anyone unless he was contacted, which he wouldn't be, and went to pack. Once he left, the atmosphere in their living room was much lighter. Wooyoung's mom made some tea for the boys and brought it into the living room so they could talk in a safer space.

"Oh San, I'm sorry you got dragged into this, you could've been enjoying your 4 day weekend right now." Wooyoung says, nuzzling his chin into San's chest.

"Don't even Woo. I knew what I was getting myself into, it's completely ok." San sighs, running his hand through Wooyoung's hair. They all talk for a while, trying to calm each other down, and just do a general check-in. Wooyoung's mom was definitely hurting, but she was covering it up pretty damn well. Eventually, they decided to watch a movie and just head to bed after, as they were leaving in the morning to head back to school.

While Wooyoung was in the bathroom San took a peak into Hongjoong's room. It was exactly as he'd imagined it, full of plants and books, shelves filled with little trinkets across every wall, and homey. Hongjoong looked up at San and smiled, motioning for him to come in.

"Hey what's up?" He asks kindly. Hongjoong was very good at his big brother role, you could tell it came naturally to him.

"Oh nothing, I was just waiting for Wooyoung to finish up in the bathroom." San answers, sitting down on the ground with Hongjoong.

"Ah, I see. How's it going with you two?" He asks.

"Good! Really good actually, I just asked him to officially be my boyfriend, I really like him. I mean I knew I did but I've never felt like this about anyone." San blushes at the thought of him.

"Awww, that's adorable! I can say for a fact that he feels the same way, in case you were worried. I've never seen him talk about someone like this before. It's pretty damn cute." Right as Hongjoong says this, there's a soft knock on the door as it opens. Wooyoung peeks his head in and motions for San.

"I'm going to bed, if you wanna come." Wooyoung says softly, "If you guys are talking that's fine too, I was just gonna say good night."

"Nah, I'm tired too." Hongjoong yawns, "Good night you two, we'll drive back at like 12-ish tomorrow so you don't have to wake up super early, in case you guys have plans tonight." He says with a wink.

Wooyoung groans, looking at his brother with disdain in his eyes before grabbing San's arm and pulling him out of the room. "Good night." He says as he aggressively shuts the door. All they can hear as they walk away is a soft chuckle from Hongjoong. 

< ~ >

Have a lovely day/night :)

byeeeeeeeeeeeee💜💜💜💜💜