Mother

Will found himself waking up in the early afternoon, only an hour after falling asleep, to Tango reading a book above him, absently playing with the half human's hand, "Mhm."

Tango looked down and set his book on the side table closest to him, "Hey Will, you feeling any better than earlier?" He asked quietly in order not to wake up Scott, Impulse or Graecie.

The half born sat up a little, blinking a bit to adjust to the light, "I want to see her," he ran his fingers through his own hair, "I'm going to see Mother, would you like to come?"

"Are you sure you want me there with you?" Tango questioned gently, helping Will sit up completely, "I understand if you want to go alone or with one of the others when they wake up."

"I don't mind, in fact I cannot bear going alone. I was going to introduce her to Scott one day but not today, I just want to see her and say hi," the half human stood from the bed and smoothed out his top.

Tango grabbed a random piece of parchment paper from nearby and scribbled out a quick explanation on it before standing up beside his boyfriend's husband, "I'd love to meet her."

"Do you own anything black?" Will asked softly, "You don't have to of course it's just-" he quickly added on.

"I should do. Do you want to swing by Scott's rooms and I'll change quickly?" Tango took Will's hand and let him lead him to the closet.

"Let me change quickly, this is crumpled and I have worn this other one the last few times I've seen Mother," Will pulled out a black waistcoat and hat, "Do you mind turning around please?"

Tango spun to face the wall and let his eyes close until he felt a hand tap shyly on his back.

Will placed his hat over on his head, clipping a thin piece of black netting to the hat in order to make sure it stayed put.

Tango took Will's hand gently and led him down the hallway to Scott's room, entering the closet before swearing under his breath, "I only have traditional blaze mourning wear, it's got hints of reds, oranges and yellows mixed in with the blacks."

"That's completely fine, I appreciate you even doing this for me," Will turned around to let Tango change in peace.

"Of course dude, it is your mother's birthday and I love you, platonically of course, but you are absolutely crazy to think I'd disrespect your mother," Tango pulled his blazer over his body, "Are you ready?" He asked, taking Will's hand again.

"Yeah, I've got a bouquet out by the main door to pick up on the way out but other than that I'm all good to go," Will replied, locking pinkies with the blaze hybrid.

"Lead the way, flame," Tango let himself be pulled away from the manor after the bouquet of black and blue roses had been picked up from by the door.

Eventually they made it to a tall willow tree that was alone atop a small hill with a single gravestone at the base of the tree.

"Hello Mother, benedictiones ad vos (blessings to you). It's been a while," Will knelt down in front of the headstone, "I brought you your favourite flowers. Today would have been a big celebration for you, fifty years old had you survived. I miss you so much," he set the bouquet against the tombstone.

Tango bowed his head as a sign of respect, letting Will say what he needed to in order to feel better.

"You wouldn't have known about the Crowned Prince, he was born a few years after me, but he is so kind and caring and loving. We got married a few days ago Mother and I think you really would have loved him like your own..." Will trailed off, wiping the tears from his eyes.

Tango moved slightly to sit beside Will, "Hey now flame, it's going to be alright."

Will threw himself into Tango's open arms, crying gently against his chest.

Tango didn't say a single word, instead he just held his friend and let him cry, rubbing his back slowly.

"She never saw my first steps or my first words or my first boyfriend or anything else!" Will sobbed out, clinging to Tango's top through his tears.

"Trust me, I know what that's like. My mother was so busy giving my father children that I never saw her. I was raised by nannies and she was my Queen before she was my Lady Mother. Calida and I basically raised our sisters until my Lord Father got very ill and Mother left him leaving Calida as Princess Regent and me in charge of all of our sisters. There's a reason I've not been pushed into marriage contracts yet and it's because our parents ignore all of us," Tango whispered quietly, keeping the Fae against his chest in order to keep him calm, "While my mother may have lived, I never knew her."

"I'm so sorry that happened to you, it is not fair," Will pulled back slightly, "You are a good man Tango and anyone would be lucky to have you. And I know for a fact that Scott is so incredibly proud to get to call you his boyfriend."

"He's proud to call you his husband too, and he loves you," Tango replied before bowing his head towards the grave, "May I?"

Will nodded, "Of course," he replied as he stood to take a step back only to be pulled back down next to Tango's side.

"Hello Your Grace, you gave the world such an amazing son. Will is incredible and loving and he is not afraid to help those who needs it. This past day alone he had helped four people find places to live and work to escape the unsafe environment they were in. You gave us such a loving boy and I thank you kindly," Tango had an arm wrapped around Will in order to keep him close, resting his cheek on the top of Will's head.

Will pressed himself into the crook of Tango's neck slightly, settling into the early afternoon air, "You are too kind to me."

"I only speak the truth, flame," Tango replied, moving his legs slightly as they started to grow slightly uncomfortable underneath him, "Have you eaten today?"

Will shook his head, moving to stand up, facing the grave once more, "I will bring Scott to meet you soon, before we leave for Frostine tomorrow evening, rest well Mother, benedictiones ad vos."

Tango stood and tilted his head in respect before he took Will's hand into his own, "I make killer pancakes, want to help me make some for Scott, Impulse and Graecie for when they wake up?"

"I'd love to," Will let himself be pulled towards the manor's kitchen.