Katherine

Will shed his regal overcoat, pulling a sweater over himself that, if you asked him, definitely didn't belong to Impulse, "Scott," he mumbled, falling back onto the large canopy bed in between Impulse and Tango, gesturing for his husband to join them in their pile of affection.

Scott smiled affectionately, though a wave of disappointment washed over his chest at the knowledge that he had to leave for a while, "I wish I could join you darling but I have received an urgent request, demand more like, to return to Court. I know it is our honeymoon so I will try to return as soon as possible. I love you dear," he placed a loving kiss on his husband's lips.

Will's face fell slightly as he returned the loving gesture, "I love you too. Oh and give your parents my regards, would you?"

"Do you really mean that?" Scott chuckled teasingly after kissing Impulse's hand and Tango's jaw as a way to say goodbye.

"Of course not, I don't like them at all, but what kind of son-in-law would I be if I didn't send well wishes with you?" Will replied, rolling his neck slowly to stretch it, "Don't need to give them any reason not to like me."

Scott chuckled in agreement as he left, calling various affections as he made his way through the corridors.

Will settled back down into the bed comfortably, taking a hold of Tango's hand to play with absently until his finger traced across a cold jewel and Will sat up suddenly, "Wait? Tango, is that what I think it is?"

Tango smiled softly, his face turning a soft shade of pink, "We were going to tell you tonight but Scott got called away before we had the chance," he sat up, holding out his hand, he was followed closely by Impulse mimicking his actions.

Will slowly traced both rings with his index finger, admiring them with awe and delight, "They are gorgeous! I'm actually so excited! I'm glad that you guys are going to be a part of this marriage!"

Out the front of the glorious Château, Scott mounted his thoroughbred stallion beside his brother, smiling softly, "I proposed today."

Acho paused on top of star's own horse, "Yo! Congratulations dude! So when's the wedding?" Star teased playfully.

Scott clicked his tongue slightly, tapping his heel against his mount, "I have a sneaking suspicion Mother and Father want to discuss me marrying a woman before I even consider marrying either Imp or Tang so it's truly a gamble."

Acho made a noise of agreement, settling into a canter beside his brother on the way back to Court.

~~~

"His Royal Highness, Crowned Prince Scott Denholm of the Fae Realm, Duke of Aquatia and Frostine!" A herald announced loudly.

"Your Majesties, Your Royal Highness," Scott bowed respectfully to his parents and Madame Francine, his crown settled on his head.

"We have two matters to discuss with you today," Hudson gestured first towards the cage on one side of the room that was covered by a blanket and then to the desk for Scott to sit across from him.

"If I may, I'd like to assume at least part of this discussion will be about a future marriage to Lady Katherine and the future heirs I will be expected to produce?" Scott cautioned his question, taking a seat across from his father.

"You would be correct, we believe that we have found a solution to the issue that you cannot produce heirs with your primary consort," Hudson glared slightly at his son, "But first, you are to marry Lady Katherine Elizabeth tomorrow night upon your return to Naturalis."

"Father you must see that such a timeframe is far fetched and absolutely unattainable! Lady Katherine is the highest lady from Naturalis and she is marrying a prince of this kingdom, surely she deserves a ceremony worthy of becoming a princess?" Scott replied, he could not believe that not only was Katherine being expected to marry him, she would not even get a large ceremony to make up for it.

"The only reason your first marriage had such a large ceremony was because it was your first and hence your primary consort, as well as the fact Will is powerful in his own right. Katherine is simply the lady of the Château de Naturalis and while she is the highest lady of the nature faeries, she is not noble enough to have earned such a lavish ceremony. I will not accept no for an answer or I will have your first marriage annulled," Hudson threatened, daring his son to argue with the glare he sent.

"Of course, before the sun rises in two mornings time, there will be a new princess by marriage in your Court," Scott promised, making a note to send word to Katherine to warn her of their wedding.

"And in the topic of princesses, Princess Francine has something for you," Hudson stood tall, "Good day, boy."

Scott stood and bowed as his mother and father left him alone in the office with the princess consort.

"One of my maidservants had an affair with one of the ambassadors visiting about two and a half years ago and she gave birth to an illegitimate half-breed," Madame Francine spoke as she made her way across the room, "And her husband has returned from formal business and demanded the beast be taken care of."

The closer Francine got to the cage, the more Scott's heart dropped at the implications, "Pray tell, what does this mean for me?"

"I need to get rid of it and since you can't have children with that Renais boy and you refuse to even consider trying with the Elizabeth or Graces girls," Francine placed her hand on the blanket over the cafe and pulled it off harshly, "You can take it, it's your responsibility and burden now."

In the cage was a terrified young half-breed, half faerie based on the wings and based on the ears, tail and small patches of fur Scott guessed it was also a half tabaxi, an extremely rare sight.

"Take it back for that boy you call your husband or dump it on the side of the road for all I care," Francine flicked the lock open and left the room with a disgusted hum.

Scott immediately dropped to his knees in front of the cage and opened the door quickly, "Hello dear. I am Scott, it's all okay now. You can come out, I promise I won't hurt you."

The half feline looked up at the prince with tear filled eyes, "P-Prince?" he quickly looked down, head bowed as he recognised who Scott was.

"Yes, technically I am the prince, however that doesn't matter now," Scott moved so he was sitting and not kneeling, moving his legs out beside him, "Would you like to come back to my home? First we can go on an adventure but I am not abandoning you."

"You don't think I'm gross?" The half born looked up, inching closer to Scott with his tail swishing nervously.

"Of course not!" Scott clicked his tongue, "I think you look really cool!" He beamed, holding out a hand to the toddler in case he needed help balancing.

His ears twitched excitedly, waddling out of the cage with a curious expression settled on his face and sat down on Scott's lap, "I have a home now?"

"Of course my precious, we are going to my friend's house tomorrow," Scott wondered how much of the conversation the child had overheard from his cage.

"Katherine? I heard you are going to marry her?" He smiled softly, playing with a button on Scott's overcoat.

"It's a bit complicated kiddo, but don't you worry, they'll all love you so much back at home," Scott playfully pressed his fingertip to the soft nose of the boy, "Do you have a name dear?"

"No, my Lady Mother did not deem me worthy of needing a name, I was only called 'boy'," the tabaxi blinked slowly, "May I have a name?"

"When we see my husband tomorrow, we can ask him what he thinks suits you," Scott promised gently, holding the boy in his arms, "After all, Will loves cats."